• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

3DS image share replacement

CappyAdams

Bells
Switch
2754-7548-6101
Important
I didn't make this tool. I'm only sharing it here so others can share their 3DS images after the shutdown of the official image share thing.

So, I was looking some time ago for a way to share 3DS screenshots and stuff without messing with the SD card or hacking the console and I found this tool for sharing your screenshots with just the 3DS browser!​

Here's how it works:
You click the link on the "how to use" section
You select your image from the 3DS gallery
click "Upload"
Grab your phone and scan the QR code
lastly, You download the image on your phone and share it wherever you want!

The tool's site can be found here :3
The tool's info can be found on Reddit! : D​

Enjoy!!

1712915602064.png

oh I've used this before! it’s way better than taking out your SD card.
for some reason I thought the 3DS internet browser wouldn’t work anymore with the shut down, but it still works, so yayy I can continue to use this

I don't remember using this feature on my 3DS. Actually, I didn't even know it existed! When I wanted to take a screenshot I'd just open the Luma3DS configuration menu thingy (I hacked mine) and go to the option to take a screenshot. Then I'd use an FTP server to wirelessly transfer the photo to wherever I want to transfer it. Edit: Didn't realize this was for an external feature! I thought it was already implemented to the 3DS. Now I need to exercise my mushy brain.

This method's pretty useful, though, 'cause it's quick. I might try it out when I get enough money to buy a pawned-off 3DS...

Last edited:
Just a heads up. The "regular" uploads post to an anonymous/unregistered account. In Imgur's case, I think this means they end up being deleted after a while, and of course it means you can't really delete/move/etc. your pictures.

If you want to make them more permanent or have more control over them, you'll have to use the ImgBB API option. This is way less complicated than it sounds! Just make an imgbb account and log in. On the left-hand top corner, there's a menu saying "about" Click on that and choose API. On that new page, there's a button saying "Get API key" and if you click on it you'll see new a box with a long code. That's your API key!

On ImageShare, just below the upload location options, there's something that says "Open Settings (API keys)" and if you click on that you'll be taken to a page where you can enter your ImgBB API key and save it. From then on, if you select the "ImgBB with API key" location option, it'll upload to your ImgBB account :)

(Here's a whole link with various setup instructions: https://github.com/corbindavenport/imageshare/blob/main/SETUP.md)

Back