• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Alolan_Apples’ Decorated Treasure Box

What was your favorite part about the box?

• The glittery ceiling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Festive Bell
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
I have just finished painting and decorating a box. Inspired by the egg-decorating contests, I decided to use my art skills at painting and decorating wooden boxes.

Here are all of the views (sorry that it’s on my bed, my table is too messy):

IMG_1995.jpeg

This is the front view while the chest is closed.

IMG_1996.jpeg

Here is the view from the right side. The left side looks exactly the same too.

IMG_1997.jpeg

Even the back side of the chest is decorated with gemstone-like beads.

IMG_1998.jpeg

The box is open. Here’s what it looks like on the inside as a whole.

IMG_1999.jpeg

The floor is covered in mosaic tiles, and the walls are covered in mirror panels in checkerboard form.

IMG_2001.jpeg

The lid is covered in glitter in multiple colors, to make it look gleamy.

IMG_2003.jpeg

And here is a picture of the box in use. Contents included are six Nintendo Switch games, a handheld miniature air conditioner, a light-up cup, a Power Star light-up figurine, and custom figurines of Holly and Charlotte from my island of StarGlow.

Just letting you know, this is my 8th box I painted and decorated, and I’ve been doing this for a total of four years. I may not be good at painting (which is why it’s a plain blue box), but I am good at decorating.

Finally, here is a picture of the box painted before all of the decorative elements were added.
IMG_1987.jpeg

So what do you think? Do you like this box? I included a poll where you can vote on your favorite feature.

The mosaic tile base with the mirror panel walls makes quite a stunning inner part of the chest! I love seeing the coloured tiles reflected on the mirrors. The gleamy lid is also really beautiful!

Did you know that on some of my earlier boxes, I had lights installed as part of the box? I don’t do that anymore because of how difficult it is to install the lights. I’ve also been doing mosaic tiles since my fourth box.

That looks amazing, the mosaic tiles are beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you find those tiles? I am thinking about making a box myself for my own Switch collection.

That looks amazing, the mosaic tiles are beautiful.

If I may ask, where did you find those tiles? I am thinking about making a box myself for my own Switch collection.
I got them from Hobby Lobby. In fact, I got all of my art supplies from Hobby Lobby.

The Switch collection sounds like a coincidence. My fourth box was being used as a Switch game collection, and it had mosaic tiles.

And if you ask about what I did with those other six boxes, they were made solely for another person or were simply given away to someone else. Like my third box was a beach-themed box, and it was for my mom.

I got them from Hobby Lobby. In fact, I got all of my art supplies from Hobby Lobby.

The Switch collection sounds like a coincidence. My fourth box was being used as a Switch game collection, and it had mosaic tiles.

And if you ask about what I did with those other six boxes, they were made solely for another person or were simply given away to someone else. Like my third box was a beach-themed box, and it was for my mom.

Nice. I may look into it next time I go to Hobby Lobby.
This is currently where I keep my Switch collection;

Screenshot_11.png

Back