• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

y'all are talking in absolute riddles !!!

im not trying to be mean to new ppl but if lily is mafia thats a slay coz i forgot they were in the game
sorry but i have been busy with reading the posts that was made since last night and irl stuff. i dont think i have given anyone a reason to think i was mafia. however, i do have a few people that i think are mafia. i dont feel comfortable saying anything yet.
Post automatically merged:

i do think it is wrong for someone to try to get someone else to change their vote.

this silence is disturbing. Let's fix that with a wall all about my Frost suspicion from my readlist.

Ok, so my read of frosty was one of a Mafia member who didn't really wanna be one, and so decided to help the Townies, but they would occasionally strike so as to not alert the other maf. The vibe I get from frost's posts is an innocent, yet malicious one, as if the innocence is a front for something more. most of, if not all of their posts were mainly either suspicions or questions, both of which can help the town. I saw a few answers to other questions here and there, but those weren't as noteworthy. Now we reach N1, and the pacifist outcome got me thinking. If Frosty is Mafia, like I suspected, maybe they didn't want to attack anyone, but since they had to, they went for someone that they knew was the most likely candidate for protection. This attack, of course, was blocked, and no one died N1, leading to D2. Nothing of note has happened yet in terms of Frost activity, so my stance is the same.

this silence is disturbing. Let's fix that with a wall all about my Frost suspicion from my readlist.

Ok, so my read of frosty was one of a Mafia member who didn't really wanna be one, and so decided to help the Townies, but they would occasionally strike so as to not alert the other maf. The vibe I get from frost's posts is an innocent, yet malicious one, as if the innocence is a front for something more. most of, if not all of their posts were mainly either suspicions or questions, both of which can help the town. I saw a few answers to other questions here and there, but those weren't as noteworthy. Now we reach N1, and the pacifist outcome got me thinking. If Frosty is Mafia, like I suspected, maybe they didn't want to attack anyone, but since they had to, they went for someone that they knew was the most likely candidate for protection. This attack, of course, was blocked, and no one died N1, leading to D2. Nothing of note has happened yet in terms of Frost activity, so my stance is the same.
i think in this theory what’s more likely a maf!frosty would do is no kill to make it look like she was saved

regardless her posts come off as genuinely gamesolving to me and it will take a lot more convincing to change that slot for me in my eyes

still i think it’s good someone is questioning her as you’re the only one who has so far

gm! i fell asleep early last night, i need to catch up from eon however :

ive decided to 180 on trundle and now think he is mafia hehehe, he was too strange eod, ur screaming that zinnia was obvious town when it was not obvious and yet u only start a bus a little bit before eod when theres no time (i think) for it to pick up steam , also the fact unravel hadnt (imo) done anything to warrant it at that stage , this way u get to avoid sus by not being on that wagon and u also get to act all high and mighty , there's a lot of tmi going on , ur gloating but rly u did the bare minimum to help - u even backtracked a bit on unravel saying it would give no information if they flipped but if someone is a townlock surely that shouldnt matter , idk ur acting weird for me

also sorry if im being sensitive but tn4u is a new player so saying things like "too long not reading that" / "painful to read" is rly annoying lol, its rly discouraging for ppl just trying to play the game
hi mog, going off your maf!trundle idea do you think he chose unravel to pseudo bus or just as another random wagon so he could 'look good' for not being on zinnia?

ribbit was also a possible wagon imo, if its town!ribbit and maf!trundle i could instead see him joining dolbys wagon to not look bad on a zinnia wagon, unless he wanted to either distance himself from a maf!dolby...? i dont think many people had really picked up dolby's ribbit case until like the last hour of day so a maf!trundle wouldve had time to pivot to ribbit wagon.

also i dont think youre sensitive for that. if we want to encourage new people to play mafia we should be happy with their effort imo

Betsy’s EoD vote is weird from her: of all the people who didn’t play TBT mafia back when I used to play it, I view her as the least likely to go off the major wagons onto a vanity wagon at the end of day, and yet she did. I think it’s a really bad look if Unravel/Ribbit are v/v though I guess it could actually be teamed with Ribbit since she did say (thank you for providing these quotes Betsy) that she was mildly sus of him and I think that makes a vote on unravel to protect him look weird but at the same time I’m not informed enough on her zinnia and unravel eod1 takes. And yes I know she has said she felt off about all three wagons but at the same time I think town her knows that a wagon on Trundle is unviable and her best option at the time is to chose a wagon (almost certainly Zinnia for town!her) that does the least harm. The thing that I am actually more certain of and don’t need to investigate: this is going to come off as super egotistical but I think that Betsy doesn’t want to TR me, hasn’t wanted to TR me from the beginning, and had been wanting to doubt my slot. I think she wants to keep me in PoE and keep me out of any town core
i agree that if zinnia and unravel are v/v betsy's vanity wagon looks iffy. if you were rly not into any if the wagons and have no idea of what to do, no elim had 3 votes - i think betsy was against it, but it's more impactful than a vanity wagon no one was turning to

gm! i fell asleep early last night, i need to catch up from eon however :

ive decided to 180 on trundle and now think he is mafia hehehe, he was too strange eod, ur screaming that zinnia was obvious town when it was not obvious and yet u only start a bus a little bit before eod when theres no time (i think) for it to pick up steam , also the fact unravel hadnt (imo) done anything to warrant it at that stage , this way u get to avoid sus by not being on that wagon and u also get to act all high and mighty , there's a lot of tmi going on , ur gloating but rly u did the bare minimum to help - u even backtracked a bit on unravel saying it would give no information if they flipped but if someone is a townlock surely that shouldnt matter , idk ur acting weird for me

also sorry if im being sensitive but tn4u is a new player so saying things like "too long not reading that" / "painful to read" is rly annoying lol, its rly discouraging for ppl just trying to play the game
deciding if this post is wolfy or too wolfy to be wolf. mog says things that are just objectively false

@voltareinism thoughts on dolby? sorry if youve talked about him in a previous post
feels honest enough. the ribbit push feels just tone driven but i respect the grind, it seems he thinks genuinely that his suspect is wolf and is frustrate that we don't agree

Oh, ok. I read the they as referring to maf both times, which made sense to me. As in they (maf) would vote other than zinnia, and they (maf) would point to those zinnia votes d2.

I could be reading it all wrong though.

Tbh I'm feeling totally crap at figuring all this out. None of my individual sus fit into teams.

Re shiny post above with trundle/annika/ness/ribbit.

I see ribbit and trundle as like, polar opposite, if that makes sense. As in- working against each other, not working together.

Ness seems fishy to me just in some statements. An example - saying i was pushing the wagons eod yesterday when i was doing the opposite, lol. Maybe he hadn't read thru the whole thing yet, or missed some things.

Annika i just can't read, esp after kingmaker. Annika can look incredibly wolfy, but it seems the meaningless posts (weh, lol) are just that - meaningless. I mean, i don't think wolf anyone would play that way?

I need to look at a few things rq.

I think (hope) it was a town save last night.

I can't see maf not killing anyone, so when nobody was nk, I figured it may be a case of a lucky doc saving someone.

But ig it could be strategy.
ness seems to have a skewed view of the wagons formations overall. i thinks he missed a lot and filled gaps wrongly. i dont think its particularly AI
and yeah not firing a shoot is kinda ridiculous specially when it's locked at 1 kp

i have woken up and as promised, i am coming for you @Dolby

this is not something i wanted to get into until tomorrow because:
1. i didn’t want to bash heads with dolby yet
2. this looks like a giant omgus. i am aware of that but it will make sense in a minute.

but if i’m going back and deciding to drop my trundle read, anyone i push today will make zero sense without delving into this. so let me start off with this:

i think my push was to take suspicion off of a mafia member who was getting eyed over way too early.

reasons for this:
-state of the game d1 was mostly focused on trundle’s early reads and pushing back on ideas that they were mafia, one worked and one didn’t
-even when i specifically said those were my early reads, i kept getting asked over and over again why and being lumped into the idea that i was on some agreement with tn4u with those being definitive. just the general reaction feels fishy
-and also in general today, against what i would think of a maf!trundle, he is picking up some steam.

if i assume one of the bws was in fact for a mafia member, that makes unravel mafia in my eyes. which means the other bws were mafia created/supported. the obvious answer here is zinnia’s was mafia jumping on it, but looking at the voters that doesn’t quite make sense.

Zinnia. (5): unravel TN4U voltairenism ribbitribbon Yoshi155

what exactly could the team be here

volt doesn’t pair well with any of these people, i think it’s obvious me and unravel aren’t a team, people (dolby) have said me and tn4u are not aligned, yoshi is a wild card and could potentially pair with anyone here, but it’s just not enough for a maf team. if zinnia’s bw was mafia propaganda i think it would be a little more obvious than this.

ty for saying this while i’m typing this

actually there were two more voters for zinnia who switched due to trundle saying her wagon looked suspicious. those are ness and mogyay

ness went to unravel but mog went to my bw. now i didn’t even care to read into that at all until frosty today wondered if that bw reeked of mafia. if it did what could even be the reason for trying to kill me off

but who started my bw in the first place at a time mog was under the radar

@Dolby i am certain you see where i am going with this.

if i or anyone for that matter started specifically pinging people to demand they think of someone as being mafia, of course they are going to be fossed. if you can think of a decent case for it it won’t look random

my theory is that trundle caught onto mog way too early and dolby’s reaction was to find someone else to focus town’s attention to. there are not nearly enough quotes i have in this for my liking but i wanted to get this out and now i will go back and find quotes ik in the back of my mind are out there to talk about this more.

i have already said why unravel’s bw resist could be that she’s just mafia and how dino’s vote was suspicious to me, in theory if the bws were v/v/v this still links the other three, which hopped onto a bw that would get less attention than the one that would succeed to look townier with low risk

and unravel staying on zinnia and mog switching makes me think maf was fine with zinnia in the first place

there’s one dolby line that i remember what the exact quote was and it looks like setup for if my bw did work or, tn4u got voted out bc ik he was getting dog piled on for awhile:

this isn’t the exact quote i’m looking for but omg there are too many dolby posts with tn4u’s name in them -__-

oh also zinnia now that i think about it, this just looks like i’m being setup hard and also! this is super tinfoil but maybe being setup so that i can’t really push back on dolby or this team because it looks like omgus

i will eat and come back to this
i think this kinda makes me want to investigate mog/unravel team but im not sure if dolby is involved or if it was just mafia jumping in the opportunity. i think it's fine enough theory on a vaccum but it hinges on mafia not being on the zinnia wagon and your opinions on the people in that wagon are not exactly rock solid

just wondering, have any of my reads been helpful in any way? I'm trying to rethink my potential maf team reads.
yeah ur spewing yourself town and having a trustable source is helpful

I don’t think you guys are addressing thread vibes correctly given this is a 17 player game and it is quite easy for it to seem like many people are for and many people are against a specific read/push at the same time.
it's funny to look back on ur mog reaction test and it looked like it caught in flames at the time when realistically like 5 people cared and all had different opinions

Sorry for confusing you, I meant he succeeded in an action that would benefit him (in the scenario where he's maf.) I saw his method of questioning as a way to separate Townies (example: you) from him and his 3 (possible) Mafia teammates. In the process, he was (again, probably) also looking for people who were a PR. I think he succeeded in finding the Power Roles (without letting anyone know), and told his teammates of the possible findings. A Mafia team member then tried to kill, but failed due to doc shield, hence N1 going deathless. (at least, that's what I think)
this is so wholesome

Let’s just policy kill inactives today
down

i do think it is wrong for someone to try to get someone else to change their vote.
thats how this game works tho

i think ribbit looks town for his bonkers theory just bc there isn't a single drop of tmi in that

i agree that if zinnia and unravel are v/v betsy's vanity wagon looks iffy. if you were rly not into any if the wagons and have no idea of what to do, no elim had 3 votes - i think betsy was against it, but it's more impactful than a vanity wagon no one was turning to

So i keep seeing this - what is a vanity wagon?

You are correct about me and the no elim. I don't like it.

I was debating who to vote for, couldn't make up my mind, eod pushes were going on, and then trundles posts were so sus imo. So I went with trundle.

I didn't expect anyone to turn to trundle. Everyone has to vote who they think it is, on their own. People see different things. I just voted who i thought was sus eod.

hi mog, going off your maf!trundle idea do you think he chose unravel to pseudo bus or just as another random wagon so he could 'look good' for not being on zinnia?

ribbit was also a possible wagon imo, if its town!ribbit and maf!trundle i could instead see him joining dolbys wagon to not look bad on a zinnia wagon, unless he wanted to either distance himself from a maf!dolby...? i dont think many people had really picked up dolby's ribbit case until like the last hour of day so a maf!trundle wouldve had time to pivot to ribbit wagon.

also i dont think youre sensitive for that. if we want to encourage new people to play mafia we should be happy with their effort imo

i think pseudo bus but rly it could be either , idk trundle vibes are off and he seems to be less coherent than usual which is odd

So i keep seeing this - what is a vanity wagon?

You are correct about me and the no elim. I don't like it.

I was debating who to vote for, couldn't make up my mind, eod pushes were going on, and then trundles posts were so sus imo. So I went with trundle.

I didn't expect anyone to turn to trundle. Everyone has to vote who they think it is, on their own. People see different things. I just voted who i thought was sus eod.
i assume that this means your own bw by yourself

@Volt whats objectively false? im sorry but i dont have the time to reread so im sorry if i got something wrong

oops i didnt mean to tag a random

deciding if this post is wolfy or too wolfy to be wolf. mog says things that are just objectively false

feels honest enough. the ribbit push feels just tone driven but i respect the grind, it seems he thinks genuinely that his suspect is wolf and is frustrate that we don't agree

ness seems to have a skewed view of the wagons formations overall. i thinks he missed a lot and filled gaps wrongly. i dont think its particularly AI
and yeah not firing a shoot is kinda ridiculous specially when it's locked at 1 kp

i think this kinda makes me want to investigate mog/unravel team but im not sure if dolby is involved or if it was just mafia jumping in the opportunity. i think it's fine enough theory on a vaccum but it hinges on mafia not being on the zinnia wagon and your opinions on the people in that wagon are not exactly rock solid

yeah ur spewing yourself town and having a trustable source is helpful

it's funny to look back on ur mog reaction test and it looked like it caught in flames at the time when realistically like 5 people cared and all had different opinions

this is so wholesome

down

thats how this game works tho

i think ribbit looks town for his bonkers theory just bc there isn't a single drop of tmi in that
i didn’t look into no elim at all
No elimination (2): lily2816 ShinyDungeoneer

but yoshi pulled out of it and switched to zinnia

all of these people didn’t really have a presence day 1 and i find it hard to believe more than one maf out of those three

shiny is definitely town to me unless this is some advanced tactic of being too genuine

i also don’t agree with flipping annika as she seems just to be being herself lmao

lily is such a wild card could be any role ever i dont think anyone will be able to solve her slot so ill assume she’s town for today

Vote Count:
No elimination (2): lily2816 ShinyDungeoneer
TN4U (1): FrostyAlmonds
ribbitribbon (4): Dolby Zinnia. mogyay Dinosaur
unravel (4): Trundle annika radical6 N e s s
Zinnia. (5): unravel TN4U voltairenism ribbitribbon Yoshi155
Trundle (1): BetsySundrop

If yoshi was no elim, then switched, would it have been a tie without the switch? Or was it going to be zinnia anyways?
tie :O

how so? you haven’t even tried to reply to my response of your criticisms (which you admitted afterwards you hadn’t read the whole thread)

ye sorry it was kind of long and ive had a long day of work lol , i will read it tho

Back