• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How to report someone?

catfrend

Bells
I went to the island to see if there was a mermaid screen for sale, (there was!!), and some German guy, arrived a second after me. I only glanced at his passport thing, it said something about oompa loompas. His name was Nathan and had a Mii face and a good fortune tee. He said "hair" but I didn't pay attention, was distracted starting a tour. Literally the second before the tour left, my hair turned into a green Bob with no hat and different face. So now I look like a freaking oompa loompa. I started writing this post instead of playing the tour. The tour finally finished and the game crashed. I lost my crown, my hairstyle, and sunglasses.

It sounds kind of funny but it's really not, to have someone casually come in take away all my hard work. I'm literally out a million bells. That's basically all I have saved.

I don't know the players full name, ID, dream address, or friend code. I didn't have time to block him. I know it's a long shot but is there anything I can do to make sure he can't do this again?
Post automatically merged:

I know it's silly but my mental health is really fragile right now and having my sense of agency taken away, even in a video game is really not helpful.

Last edited:
I don't know how to help but I wanted to tell you that I am really sorry and can totally understand your frustration. Losing progress in games you worked on is so frustrating and does indeed feel like havung your sense of agency taken away โค๐Ÿซ‚

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately I don't think you can report anyone on Tortimer Island? That's the risk of going onto the island. It's the Wild West.

Out of curiosity, how did they change your character's face and hair? Was it a hack?

I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately Tortimer island is really bad right now because of the hackers. It's awful because they're ruining peoples innocent fun ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I don't know how to help but I wanted to tell you that I am really sorry and can totally understand your frustration. Losing progress in games you worked on is so frustrating and does indeed feel like havung your sense of agency taken away โค๐Ÿซ‚
Thank you for your kind response. I think one of the reasons this bothered me so much was because it's such an innocuous game. I expect trolls/hackers in some games, Animal Crossing isn't one of them. Your words meant a lot and knowing there are other people out there that empathize/sympathize helped a lot.
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately I don't think you can report anyone on Tortimer Island? That's the risk of going onto the island. It's the Wild West.

Out of curiosity, how did they change your character's face and hair? Was it a hack?
Yeah it was a back. On the bright side, I ended up keeping the hair color for a while (dark green), and ended up creating a leaf-themed look that I really like but probably wouldn't have come up with otherwise!

I hope you're ok, but I have to admit this really made me laugh. I have encountered hackers on the tortimer islands before, but never someone who turned people into Oompa Loompas lmao! Sorry you lost items and bells though. Try not to let it affect any underlying mental health issues, these things are best laughed off.

I kind of want to play New Leaf again just to encounter this guy. I would let him make me an Oompa Loompa. Things like that always make me laugh a lot.

I highly recommend backing up your saves with homebrew apps like Checkpoint so you don't lose your progress if you run into another hacker like that again.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Going to club tortimer seems risky these days, so I'd personally avoid it and get the items by trading with someone on here.

While I don't think there's a way to report people, maybe you can try getting in touch with Nintendo support and see if I can use activity logs to ban this guy.

What happened was not your fault and I know a number of people don't expect these kinds of issues, but if you do go back to CT, don't take anything super valuable. Back before hacks were common, people still experienced issues when wearing crowns because people would pester them for bells and make it hard for them to play.

Maybe someone who still plays online can help you get your crown back?

I'm glad you managed to make the most out of a bad situation and come up with a cool new look ^^

Back