Vylbrand
Gold Hybrid Rose
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
Pokemon-version3.png

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Tournament

Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship Pokémon Tournament! In this single-elimination tournament members will go head to head to determine who is TBT's Next Pokémon Master!

How it Works ⚔️

In this single-elimination tournament, participants will play each other in 1v1 single matches using a 6-Pokémon team. Please communicate with your opponent to determine your Link Code and appropriate time for your Link Battle. You will both be responsible for scheduling an appropriate time for your battle as well as taking a screenshot the results from the battle and submitting it via the Games Lobby Points Submission board. Please be sure to select "Pokémon (Tournament)" from the Game Event dropdown when submitting your battle results.

This tournament is expected to last approximately six rounds. Each round of the event lasts a maximum of 48-hours, so please make sure you take the initiative to communicate with your opponent. Failure to play in your bracket without evidence of actively trying to arrange a time to play with the other person will result in both parties being disqualified. If you need a 24-hour extension you may request it. However, we are going to be as strict as possible with the 48-hour rule because we need this tournament to conclude by June 3rd 2024 at the latest so if it is not feasible to grant an extension your request may be declined.

Once you have finished your match, please submit the following information as a screenshot:
  • Roster picture: Take this screenshot before the battle starts where it shows your Pokémon team/items and your opponent’s team. These teams must match the team registered prior to the tournament starting. If the game moves too quickly and you miss this screen, press the + button on your controller to bring up the roster again mid-battle and take a screenshot.
  • WIN/LOSS picture: Take the screenshot at the end. It is less of an issue if you miss this one as long as both you and your opponent can confirm which of you won the bracket.
You are both responsible for taking these screenshots before and after your battle as proof of submission or the points will not count. If both parties forget, you may do a rematch. Please do not forget so you don't need to do a rematch!

Tournament Rules ⚔️

For your battle you will be choosing Singles / Normal Rules. However, please note the following restrictions for your Pokémon team that may differ from the default rules:

• Pokémon Scarlet/Violet only.
  • Only Pokémon listed in the Paldea, Kitakami, and Blueberry Pokédexes permitted.
  • No Legendaries/Mythicals or Pokémon from previous generations made available through Pokémon Home.
  • Terastallizing in a battle is an acceptable mechanic.
  • No using the same Pokémon/hold item more than once.
  • No Rental Teams. However, you may use any competitive Pokémon bought through the TBT Marketplace.
  • No using FULL stall teams that drag the battle on forever.
  • Please do not disclose the team/strategy of your opponent to the other participants.
  • You cannot change your Pokémon team once it has been registered. The Pokémon team registered must be the same team presented in screenshots throughout the tournament.

ActivityPoints AwardedAddition Reward
Per battle completed in the Pokémon Tournament5n/a
Per battle won in the Pokémon Tournament5n/a
Coming in third place in the Pokémon Tournament5
54.jpg
Third Place Trophy collectible
100 TBT Bells
Coming in second place in the Pokémon Tournament10
52.jpg
Second Place Trophy collectible
175 TBT Bells
Coming in first place in the Pokémon Tournament15
53.jpg
First Place Trophy collectible
200 TBT Bells

Tournament End Date

All battles must be completed and the results submitted by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday June 2nd 2024.

How to Sign-Up

To sign up for this event you need to submit the following two forms by 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday May 19th 2024.

(1/2) Register As A Challenger

Post this as a new reply to this thread.
Code:
[B]In Game Name[/B]:
[B]Nintendo Switch Friend Code[/B]:
[B]Time Zone[/B]:
[B]Best Way to Contact Me[/B]:
[B]Best Available Time For Participation[/B]:

[B]TBTWC Team[/B]:

(2/2) Register Your Pokémon Team
Submit this via the Game Lobby Points Submission board. Please select "Pokémon (Tournament)" from the Game Event dropdown menu.
Code:
[B]In Game Name:[/B]:
[B]Nintendo Switch Friend Code[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 1 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 2 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 3 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 4 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 5 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:
[B]Pokémon 6 (name/hold item/attacks)[/B]:

[B]TBTWC Team[/B]:
If your team is approved I will (y) Like your post. If not you will receive a written response.

Tournament Participants and Bracket

Tournament Participants
A list of participating players will be shown in the spoiler tag below.
Team 1Team 2Team 3Team 4
Chibi.HoshiIonicKarmaDimForeverfox
FlyffelRainy.NightsLoyalDragonflyMidoriya
HalloqueenskarmouryZerous
michealsmellsVhoop
VillageDweller

Tournament Bracket
The brackets will be available to view on: Challonge.

Last edited:
Sorry if this question is an obvious one but I just want to make sure; Alolan, Galarian and Hisuian forms are all acceptable as they are available in the blueberry dlc, right?

Also, paradox pokemon are fair game?

For the sake of clarification, I would like to confirm all that which falls under the category of Legendary for this tournament.

These are the Pokemon that are in the Paldea/Kitakami/Blueberry Pokedex, but whose legendary status might need clarification:
The Ruinous Quartet
Blood Moon Ursaluna
The Kitakami Loyal Three
Ogerpon
The Blueberry Paradox Mon (Gouging Fire/Iron Crown etc.)

Thank you!

In Game Name: Midoriya
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1119-7626-0996
Time Zone: US CST
Best Way to Contact Me: DM me!
Best Available Time For Participation: After 7 or 8 p.m. on weekdays, or after 3 p.m. on the weekend.

TBTWC Team: Team 4

Oh? Not a round robin?
We only have two weeks for this event so we need to keep it tight!

Sorry if this question is an obvious one but I just want to make sure; Alolan, Galarian and Hisuian forms are all acceptable as they are available in the blueberry dlc, right?

Also, paradox pokemon are fair game?
Regional variants are fine if they're in the Kitakami or Blueberry Pokédexes, yes!

Let's leave out the Paradox Pokémon though!

For the sake of clarification, I would like to confirm all that which falls under the category of Legendary for this tournament.

These are the Pokemon that are in the Paldea/Kitakami/Blueberry Pokedex, but whose legendary status might need clarification:
The Ruinous Quartet
Blood Moon Ursaluna
The Kitakami Loyal Three
Ogerpon
The Blueberry Paradox Mon (Gouging Fire/Iron Crown etc.)

Thank you!
I'm going to keep this simple and say all of these are ruled out.

In Game Name: Harry
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2959-4746-0771
Time Zone: GMT/BST (UTC+1 at the moment), which is EDT+5 hours
Best Way to Contact Me: DM me on TBT, or find me as VillageDweller in the TBT discord to DM me on there :)
Best Available Time For Participation: Best bet would be BST 4pm onwards until 12am. (equivalent in EDT IS 11AM - 7PM). You can also DM me and we can work out a time that would match our schedules.

TBTWC Team: Team 1

In Game Name: bolas
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 0827-4553-7598
Time Zone: AEST
Best Way to Contact Me: Preferably pidgey mail but DM's on here work fine too!
Best Available Time For Participation: Anytime after 10pm AEST, life has a Crush Grip on my schedule atm😅

TBTWC Team: Team 2

In Game Name: Hoshi
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5771-2732-6802
Time Zone: NZST / UTC +12
Best Way to Contact Me: Via DM, or through Discord (search chibihoshi)
Best Available Time For Participation:
I'm available most days after 1 pm to roughly 6 pm, times may vary depending on my schedule. I can't do Tuesday this week.
On Wednesdays and Thursdays I may not be available as well. However, I can squeeze in time there if required. Edit: I can do Thursday this week.

Last edited:
Reminder that sign-ups for this event close at 11:59PM EDT tonight (Sun 19th May).

Do I really need to submit the team already now? 😅

In Game Name: Marco
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5330-0887-8701
Time Zone: GMT+1
Best Way to Contact Me: Discord
Best Available Time For Participation: 19:00-23:00 GMT+1

In-Game Name: Karma
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-4983-2347-1891
Time Zone: PST or CST
Best Way to Contact Me: Discord
Best Available Time For Participation: Honestly, I have no idea. I'm going to be on vacation for the first week so just contact me and we will try to find a time. Most likely in the evening of PST.
TBTWC Team: Team 2

Not going for a competitive team this time, if we match together you will understand :^)

In Game Name: Milk
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8528-2451-8409
Time Zone: GMT+8
Best Way to Contact Me: Discord (@ skarmoury)
Best Available Time For Participation: GMT+8 8:00 PM - 1:00 AM for any day except the upcoming Saturday and Monday! honestly best if you just ask me as my sched varies heavily

TBTWC Team: 2 ✌️

going for a meme team & participation points im sorry thank you ;w;

Form 1
In Game Name: Fox
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3495-4254-8608
Time Zone: ET
Best Way to Contact Me: TBT
Best Available Time For Participation: Afternoons 12-5:30pm or after 9pm

TBTWC Team: Team 4

I expect that I'll probably lose my first match and get eliminated immediately, but hey, I'm a warm body so might as well join.

In Game Name: Beatriz
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4101-6851-2729
Time Zone: ET (TBT's forum time)
Best Way to Contact Me: Send a PM here on the forums so Cephalobot notifies me. Or Discord works too.
Best Available Time For Participation: Evening/Night, but just reach out whenever you can and we'll figure it out.

TBTWC Team: 1

In Game Name: Micheal
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4757-8654-8195
Time Zone: Pacific Time
Best Way to Contact Me: Discord - michealsmells
Best Available Time For Participation: 2pm-8pm Pacific Time, though with enough notice it can be any time.

TBTWC Team: Team #1

another proposed solution is swiss tournament, the problem I find with single elimination is that if you lose one you are out forever, and it sucks not getting to play more with others

Personally I'm not in favor of round robin as I believe we had that last time at some point. I'd prefer single-elimination because it's faster and easier, but that's just my take on it. It's unfortunate that there haven't been a ton of sign-ups, but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Back