• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Stardust Stories: Overwhelming Orchards

tinysaiph

^ - ^ /
Bells
Tasty Cake
29 March 2020

Overwhelming Orchard
The night before, I had found some QR codes for transparent fruit patterns, so I'd be able to indicate which tree is which. With that in mind, I spent hours relocating all of my trees. I went through four shovels, and at least 70 peaches. I organised them all near my beach, apples, cherries, oranges, peaches, pears, and made sure I had at least 9 of each.

I planted and replanted, and started a small area, which I would eventually want to turn into a main path on one side of the river. It took a lot of counting, and digging, and more counting and more digging, but I finally felt like progress was being made.

Nook Miles
I had spent the day (doing what I thought was) making progress on my orchard, and spent the rest "farming" for Nook Miles. With the resident service building opening yesterday, I had went from 38k down to 10k. By the end of the night, I had around 20k Nook Miles, slowly building back up.

Mabel
Mabel had been to my island twice before (both times, I bought one of everything), and today, she told me about opening a shop! I quickly cleared a spot near the currently open store, and was set! I'm so excited to be able to expand my virtual closet and befriend Sable again ;-;

30 March 2020

The Able Sisters store is under construction!!!

More Orchard Madness
I went down to my orchard only to realise that, similar to other games, if there are too many trees growing in one area, some simply won't. So I moved a lot of trees around. Planted them in different areas, etc., with hopes that they'll be able to grow.

Rainy Day
It got really cloudy, and began to rain, and since then, I've been collecting manila clams and fishing, and attempting (yet again) for the 100 fishing streak, that I keep breaking.

And now I'm here. I've taken time away from the game to write this all out and take a break of sorts. I've wanted to time travel today, just to see if the trees will grow (which they will), and so the Able Sisters will be open tomorrow, but I ultimately decided not to. I'm going to let the game play out, and see where it takes me.

Additional Things:
I've been compiling a list of prices, of individual resources, and DIY furniture, to determine if they're worth crafting, which are the best for crafting, etc. I hope to publish something soon about that!

Back