• Current Championship Time (EDT)

Tournament Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Tournament) - Finished!

In Game Name: Harry
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2959-4746-0771
Time Zone: GMT/BST (UTC+1 at the moment), which is EDT+5 hours
Best Way to Contact Me: DM me on TBT, or find me as VillageDweller in the TBT discord to DM me on there :)
Best Available Time For Participation: Best bet would be BST 4pm onwards until 12am. (equivalent in EDT IS 11AM - 7PM). You can also DM me and we can work out a time that would match our schedules.

TBTWC Team: Team 1

In-Game Name: Moosh
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5359-8382-5309
Time Zone: GMT+1
Best Available Times for Matches: Midday to 5PM EDT weekdays, Weekends more flexible with late afternoon / eve
Best Way to Contact Me: PM or potentially on discord
TBTWC Team: Team 2

In-Game Name: Marco or Flyffel (not sure and can't check right now)
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5330-0887-8701
Time Zone: GMT+1
Best Available Times for Matches: 19:00-23:00 GMT+1
Best Way to Contact Me: Discord (flyffel#0)
TBTWC Team: Team 1

In-Game Name: rosie (probably?)
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 3600-7065-9527
Time Zone: BST / UK TIME / GMT+1
Best Available Times for Matches: weekends & evenings, i'm a 9-5 working hard gal
Best Way to Contact Me: discord pls ! or drop me a message here
TBTWC Team: 2

In-Game Name: lynn or capri
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2684-9072-7710
Time Zone: EST (same as current championship time)
Best Available Times for Matches: after 5pm EST or generally anytime weekends, but we can work things out if other times are needed! (I work remotely)
Best Way to Contact Me: discord or tbt
TBTWC Team: 1

In-Game Name: MUGI
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-4250-5574-0434
Time Zone: CST
Best Available Times for Matches: 1-4 pm and 11pm-3am, ig, but I'm generally flexible
Best Way to Contact Me: pm or discord
TBTWC Team: 3

In-Game Name: Rio
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5093-8793-0612
Time Zone: EST
Best Available Times for Matches: pretty much any time, including the middle of the night 😅
Best Way to Contact Me: DM on TBT!
TBTWC Team: Team 2

SSBU-Comp2.png

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament

The TBTWC Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament has officially begun! As a reminder, this is a single-elimination tournament. There will be five rounds of competition, which will ultimately lead to one person being crowned the victor!

Round Deadlines

Round 1
must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 22nd
Round 2
must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 25th
Round 3
must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 28th
Round 4
must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 31st (Semi-finals: best-of-five)
Round 5
must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 2nd (Grand Finals & Bronze Match: best-of-five)

Arranging Matches

Please do not arrange matches within this thread. It is highly recommended to go into your preferences and turn alerts on for private messages, profile posts, and pings for the duration of this tournament so that you and your opponent are able to connect easily, as not all players may use Discord or other external communication. If you have connected your Discord account, it is also recommended you turn the Discord alerts on so Cephalobot can notify you via Discord.

How to Submit Results

As a reminder, both players must submit the results of their matches by following the steps below:
  1. Take screenshots of the results screens of the matches against your opponent that includes your in-game name.
  2. Make a new thread in the Games Lobby Point Submissions board.
  3. Select Smash Bros. (Tournament) in the 'Game Event' dropdown, your team in the 'Team' field, and input what Round # it was (1-5) in the "Round (Tournaments Only)" field
  4. In the body of the thread, include the following:
    • The result of your matches (i.e. "I won 2-1 against Mairmalade")
    • The aforementioned screenshots of the results screens from your matches.

Bracket

The bracket is available on Challonge by clicking here.

I will ping the challengers when their matches are available to be played. By the evening (EDT) of May 23, 26, 29, and June 1, I will post the formal results of the previous round within this thread, and will formally post the final results by the end of June 2.

Round One Challenger List

@Jhine7 vs. @-Blue-
@Mars Adept vs. @C:Sphere
@Coach vs. @Dim
@VillageDweller vs. @.: Meri :.
@BungoTheElf vs. @ribbitribbon
@Yanrima~ vs. @Midoriya
@Rio_ vs. @LoyalDragonfly
@Flyffel vs. @nerfeddude

Byes: @Mr.Fox, @Halloqueen, @Venn, @Zerous, @digimon, @LambdaDelta, @Foreverfox, @rosetti

Good luck to all of our competitors!
Have fun in the arena!

Last edited:
Hello, I have an important announcement! There is now a "Round (Tournaments Only)" field where you're able to input your round # when creating your thread! I've gone ahead and edited it into the submission threads before now, so be sure to include it when you're making your new threads!

Anyways, we have two more match-ups that can be played!
@-Blue- vs. @Mr.Fox
@.: Meri :. vs. @Zerous

Only one last first round match-up remains! I'll post the formal round results once that is complete.

Round 1 Results

Fantastic job finishing your matches before the deadline, everybody! All points for this round have already been distributed. Here are the results of Round 1:

Jhine7 0-2 -Blue-
Mars Adept 0-2 C:Sphere
Coach 0-2 Dim
VillageDweller 0-2 .: Meri :.
BungoTheElf 0-2 ribbitribbon
Yanrima~ 0-2 Midoriya
Rio_ 0-2 LoyalDragonfly
Flyffel 0-2 nerfeddude

Round Two Challenger List

Here are the match-ups for round 2! I've already marked off which match-ups have been finished:

@Mr.Fox vs. @-Blue-
Halloqueen 0-2 C:Sphere
Venn 0-2 Dim
@Zerous vs. @.: Meri :.
digimon 0-2 ribbitribbon
@LambdaDelta vs. @Midoriya
Foreverfox 0-2 LoyalDragonfly
@rosetti vs. @nerfeddude

Currently awaiting their Round 3 opponent: @C:Sphere, @Dim, @ribbitribbon, @LoyalDragonfly

Round 2 matches must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 25th.

Bracket

Nobody from the Squirtle Squad won a match. That's alright, I'm still proud of all your hard-fought efforts, squad. 💙 🐢

Currently all but 1 match-up has been played in rounds 2 and 3! We now know the challengers of our first semi-final match-up! Hopefully we'll know the other match-up before too long!

@C:Sphere vs. @Dim (please remember you'd be playing a best of 5 since you're a semi-finals match-up!)

Round 2 Results

Terrific job managing to finish all your matches before the deadline once again, everyone! All points for this round have already been distributed. Here are the results of Round 2:

Mr.Fox 2-1 -Blue-
Halloqueen 0-2 C:Sphere
Venn 0-2 Dim
Zerous 2-1 .: Meri :.
digimon 0-2 ribbitribbon
LambdaDelta 0-2 Midoriya
Foreverfox 0-2 LoyalDragonfly
rosetti 1-2 nerfeddude

Round Three Challenger List

Here are the quarter-final match-ups! Surprisingly, there's only one match-up still remaining to get done before we have our final 4 set! You have all done such a great job staying on top of your matches, I'm so proud of all of you!

Mr.Fox 0-2 C:Sphere
Dim 2-0 Zerous
ribbitribbon 2-0 Midoriya
@LoyalDragonfly vs. @nerfeddude

Currently awaiting their semi-final opponent: @ribbitribbon

Round 3 matches must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 28th.

Bracket

such a pink final 8, wow

Round 3 Results

And just like that, our quarter-finals are already over! Amazing job getting all your matches done 2 days before the deadline, everybody! Honestly astonishing to see the pace you're flying through this! All points for this round have already been distributed. Here are the round 3 results:

Mr.Fox 0-2 C:Sphere
Dim 2-0 Zerous
ribbitribbon 2-0 Midoriya
LoyalDragonfly 2-0 nerfeddude

Semi-Finals Challenger List

We've made it to the final 4! As a reminder, all matches from this point forward are best-of-5's. I don't want to have to get anybody to redo their matches because they missed doing those extra games!

@C:Sphere vs. @Dim
@ribbitribbon vs. @LoyalDragonfly

Semi-final (Round 4) matches must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 31st.

Bracket

The next post from me will be announcing the match-ups for the Grand Finals and Bronze matches, so I'll see you then. 👋

Semi-Final Results

I didn't think I'd be posting again so soon, but our final 4 have already finished their matches today! Incredible job, everybody! Way to continue breezing through this tournament! All points for this round have already been distributed. Here are the semi-final results:

Dim 1-3 C:Sphere
ribbitribbon 1-3 LoyalDragonfly

Grand Finals and Bronze Match Challenger List

We're now onto the last two matches of our tournament that will decide the top 3 finishers! I'll once again remind you all that these final matches are best-of-5's. You've made it as far as you can go, I can't wait to see who comes out on top! Good luck to all of you!

Grand Finals:
@C:Sphere vs. @LoyalDragonfly

Bronze Match:
@Dim vs. @ribbitribbon

Grand Final and Bronze (Round 5) matches must be completed and reported within the Games Lobby Point Submissions board by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 2nd.

Bracket

Only one last update remains, and that'll be to wrap the tournament up! I'll see you here later this week for the final results once they have been decided!

Back