June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Did you learn any interesting facts or skills from video games?

In the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Link swims a stroke known as the sidestroke in his default animation. I tried doing it in a pool as a kid and lo and behold it works! I'm not very good at it, but it's a lot of fun

Last edited:
  • Apparently, Zydeco is a music genre after looking up the word I've picked up from playing Animal Crossing.
  • Ebi fry and Aji fry are Japanese dishes featured in ACNH as cooking recipes. I've only tried Ebi fry so far and it's delicious. I want to try Aji fry when I had the chance. Fred Crumb's design in Splatoon 3 is based on the Aji Fry dish.
  • Star bits and star fragments featured in Super Mario Galaxy, ACNH, BoTW, and ToTK are actually based on konpeito which is a Japanese candy which resembled stars.
  • In the original Japanese N64 version of the first Animal Crossing game, a small Shinto shrine is in place instead of the fountain which is present in the international versions which is based on the expanded GameCube version..

I learned a lot of cool facts about bugs, fish, and sea creatures from Blathers in the Animal Crossing games. I especially heard most of them from New Horizons, like how the nibble fish/red garra is used to clean bathers' skin in certain countries...weird stuff, man!

Back