What is the meaning of your Island name?

my island is oakville, and honestly i don’t really think there’s any special meaning or history behind it. before new horizons came out, i spent the month prior brainstorming names for my island, and oakville just so happened to be the one i gravitated towards the most!

I named my island neo-Eden because part of what I like about Animal Crossing is the peace between humans and all the different animals, and it is just a little reminder to myself to be hopeful and excited for a renewed earth one day. 🕊

My island name is Anamóinéir, which is kind of made up.

It's not a true translation at all but it is an amalgamation of the Irish Gaelic translations for 'soul' (Anam) and 'meadow' (Móinéir).

If 'soul meadow' was directly translated to Irish Gaelic it would actually be 'móinéir anam' but I prefer the pronunciation of the words with the structure flipped even though it would actually translate to 'meadow soul', lol. Additionally, it isn't 'Anammóinéir' because of the world limit, so only one 'm'; which I prefer anyhow.

I'm not sure why I really went with this island name because my island is gonna be heavily inspired by Lady Gaga's Artpop era - a balance between white meadows, ancient statues and all things celestial + luminescent.

I would probably just name it 'Ollphéist' if I went back in time. That's the Irish Gaelic word for 'monster', referencing Gaga's fan name. Or even the Irish Gaelic word for 'art' (Ealaín), referencing the Artpop album.

Back