• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Who were your first 10 villagers?

I don't exactly know who my first 10 were because I actually didn't buy all 10 villager houses for a while. When I was just starting out I left my island and 8 villagers/9 villagers for a bit and didn't get my 10th villager house until I'd already had the game for 6 months.

I do know who my first 8 villagers were though!
Axel (starting Jock)
Katt (starting Sisterly)
Marina
Cookie
Biskit
Monty
Broffina
Colton (first camper)

Axel and Cookie are two who are still on my island!

Previous island (now Thanos-ed):
Boone
Fuchsia
Benedict
Tangy
Blanche
Norma
Admiral
Erik
Kid Cat
Phoebe

Current island:
Pierce (current, photo)
Carrie (left, no photo)
Mira (left, no photo)
Phil (left, photo)
Pinky (current)
Alli (current)
Zucker (current, photo)
Cephalobot (current, photo)
Tybalt (current, photo)
Quillson (current, photo)

My current island has a lot of males. I've made it a self-imposed rule to use only 10 NMT for island hopping, a reason why I have so many smugs and jocks. I really wish this wasn't the case since I have no crankies! Its been difficult for Pinky and Alli to give me their photos. Both Mira and Carrie left before their friendships were high enough for photos. Mira was replaced with Sterling and Phil was replaced with Blanche. As soon as I got my ninth villager (Cephalobot) Carrie wanted to leave, opening it for Alli, making Carrie the first villager to leave my island. I don't remember the previous island very well other than I hated having Fuchsia and Boone for the longest time.

I know this question has been asked time and time again, but it’s been a while!

Who were your first 10 villagers? Did you like them, or did you move them all out as soon as possible? Were any of them villagers that you didn’t really like, but having them changed your opinion? Or vice versa? Do any of them still live on your island?

My first 10 villagers were Kid Cat, Tammy, Piper, Prince, Pekoe, Shep, Bertha, Julia, Octavian and Zucker! I was pretty much indifferent about all of them except for Kid Cat and Octavian prior to New Horizons, but they’re all special to me in their own ways now, and I’m really happy that I had the starting villagers that I did!

Kid Cat has always been one of my favourite cat and jock villagers, so I was really pleased to start my island with him! I’ve never minded Tammy, but I’m much more fond of her now than I used to be. I miss the days where I’d run into her wandering around the island at 5am because she accidentally pulled an all-nighter, haha. I let RNG decide who my first peppy, lazy and normal villagers would be, and I think it’s a neat coincidence that they all have names starting with the letter “P“!

Shep was the villager I was the least happy about, and I remember complaining about wanting him to move out a lot during the game’s first few months LOL, but overall he wasn’t so bad! He’s still not my favourite villager, but he’ll always hold a special place in my heart for being my first smug villager in the game. Bertha and Julia were lovely to have, with Bertha’s Birthday actually being the first Birthday that I got to celebrate in New Horizons! I ended up booting her out shortly after for Audie (sorry Bertha 😅), but she was a treat to have! One of the most criminally underrated villagers imo! Octavian was super fun and reminded me of nostalgic memories from having him in Wild World, and I liked having him and Zucker on my island at the same time! I think it’s cool that I had 2/3 of the octopus villagers in the game at the time in my first lineup of villagers! 🐙

My first 10 villagers have all long since moved out, though there was a time where I had been planning on keeping Kid Cat and Zucker permanently. I sometimes think about trying to find Zucker again and moving him back in, but I’m not sure if I ever actually will. Regardless, I’ll forever cherish my memories with them!

View attachment 533664View attachment 533662View attachment 533663View attachment 533665View attachment 533666View attachment 533667View attachment 533668View attachment 533669
28e2b877f18d780918634d28c0cadecf5d0dee3c.webp
View attachment 533673

Who were your first 10 villagers?
I had: teddy, pashmina, zucker, wendy, goldie, marshal, marina, flurry, sherb, and dom!

1. Flip
  2. Renee
  3. Lucky
  4. Carmen
  5. Bettina
  6. Hans
  7. Gigi
  8. Monty
I think I left the last two for a while, so I’ll have to check. I keep my posters in order of when the villagers moved in so I have a record.

It's a bit hazy trying to remember the last three that moved in, but I think the first ten I had in 2020 were:
  1. Bud
  2. Rocket
  3. Patty
  4. Coco
  5. Rex
  6. Ken
  7. Gaston
  8. Timbra
  9. Bob (amiibo)
  10. Mallary (amiibo)
  11. Antonio
I added in an 11th villager due to Mallary replacing Timbra after spending a grand total of three days on my island. What's funny is that I didn't even kick Timbra out; she asked to move away literally days after moving in randomly. As I was planning on moving Mallary in next anyway, it was a pleasant coincidence.

Patty is the only random villager left on my island. Bob and Mallary are still with me also.

Despite restarting my first island, and deleting the images that go to that island, I still remember my first 10.

1. Sprocket
  2. Mira
  3. Raddle
  4. Sprinkle
  5. Gayle
  6. Raymond (I’m dead serious)
  7. Vic
  8. Broffina
  9. Roald
  10. Cyd
Sprocket and Mira I was trying to get as my first 2 villagers. Now I don’t care about having them in my island as I have Ace and Quinn instead.
Raddle, Sprinkle and Gayle were my other villagers for the tutorial, while Raddle was found as my last NMT.
Raymond was my first campsite villager. And yes, I was shocked to have him as my first campsite villager, I had to invite him in without feeling defeated.
The rest except for Cyd were autofilled. I found Cyd in a nook mile island and invited him to my island only because he was new. Little did I know is he had the singing hobby and cranky villagers singing really ticks me off, so I wanted to move him out but he never did, which caused me to restart due to agitation.

I don’t want to talk about my other islands I restarted, I was going through a jealousy phase.

Back