• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

An00bis' Textures

An00bis

Bells
Alright, back in WW days, textures were totally my bag, so I can't wait to make some for ACCF. Here's some samples of my work: Example 1
Example 2
These next 3 need to all be viewed to get it: (mural type concept)
Example 3.1
Example 3.2
Example 3.3
Example 4

And so on. In this thread, you can request textures (animalmap's texture converter is now obsolete, since the palettes were changed in CF). It's 2000 bells for 1 design (unless I really love it, then I might do it for free ^_^). And a 32x32 mural (4 tiles) would be 8000 and so on. In regard to requests, I don't take custom requests; I can do stuff like sprites from video games for you (like the examples).

Also, feel free to post your designs in this thread :]

EDIT: By custom requests, I mean I can't hand-draw things that I though of myself (my own art, basically); I can take something that was in mario game, though, and make a texture of in in CF.

EDIT2: Tutorial on how to make designs can be found here. I wrote it just last night, tell me how it is, or if you have any questions. Also, from this point on, I only take requests from Mario games. (But I'll finish yours, Khengi).

Dang... would you make a shirt for 4000 bells? (Pro design, front, back, and sleeves). I've willing to pay up to 8,000!

Please reply, I'll give you the specifics.

Nonononono you guys don't understand; I can't CREATE designs out of the top of my head; I just take pictures of images from games and open them in Microsoft Paint and copy them pixel for pixel.

Therefore, they'd probably only look good on the ground :/ The examples I showed, those most likely wouldn't look good on a shirt, don't'cha think?

Ah, I see, you reference sprite. Still useful. Well, can it be any game? (that uses sprites) Or just Mario?

Khengi said:
Ah, I see, you reference sprite. Still useful. Well, can it be any game? (that uses sprites) Or just Mario?
It can be from any game, but keep in mind that games from later than the SNES era are VERY detailed, and use at least 20 colors (so requesting a Goomba from NSMB probably wouldn't work; one from SMW would though).

Also BRB shower...

Hmm let's see if you can do this or not. Can you make a texture of the United Nations logo or no?

Bones15 said:
Hmm let's see if you can do this or not. Can you make a texture of the United Nations logo or no?
Erm... you mean like this one? Yeah, I guess so, except that it's pretty detailed, so when I convert it into a texture it'll look merely like a bunch of random blue dots with a circle and grid around it ;_;

Sorry if I'm not as good as some texture makers D:

Ok, if the design has too many colors, is it possible to make, like, a black and white version of it?

Khengi said:
Ok, if the design has too many colors, is it possible to make, like, a black and white version of it?
Yes, and it's also possible to reduce it to 16 colors with a certain program I have ^_^

Khengi said:
Ok!

http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/Kajin/sprites/DBZ/dbzstuff.gif

I know there's about 30 sprites on that image, but the one in particular is the Goku one that is directly next to the words 'DBZ characters' (orange Gi, if you don't know him)
The one facing forward? Okay! Expect it... sometime before weekend? I'll probably have it ready earlier than that, but I don't like to disappoint people, and I never know when there might be a pop quiz or something at school :/

Sweet, but will it fit on one pattern screen? If not, then can you give me the Vegeta one directly above the word 'Dolls'?

Khengi said:
Sweet, but will it fit on one pattern screen? If not, then can you give me the Vegeta one directly above the word 'Dolls'?
I haven't started yet, but if it doesn't fit, I can make it a 2x2 mural (unless you're too broke...)

Khengi said:
Nah, i kinda just wanted a one pattern anyways, no murals :D
Wait, what? You mean you don't need it???

Also, for those too lazy and/or paranoid to download, here's the raw text (although Notepad probably renders it better...)
Design Making Tutorial said:
Okay, so you want to make designs that look professional, but you don't know where to start. This tutorial will help you to create some.

Section 1: Vocabulary
Okay, just some a quick list of words that I'll throw around in this tutorial:
Tut- a tutorial
Rip - this is a term used in graphics design that means to take graphics from one game or image and transfer them into another. So, basically, creating designs. Keep in mind that if you thought up the design yourself, it is NOT referred to as ripping, since that is from your brain, not a prior image or game
Palette- this can mean many things in the real world, but in this tutorial, a palette is the set of colors that you work with in AC's design maker (there are 16 of them)
Sprite- for the sake of not confusing you, a sprite is just any individual graphic from a game (what you'll be ripping)
Spritesheets- computerized images (just a .jpg, usually) that have many sprites on them, exactly as they originally appeared in game

Section 2: Getting your images into AC format
So you're thinking of a sprite from a game that you'd like to make a mural of. Where can you get a picture of one? I reccomend these two sites: spriters-resource.com and mfgg.net <--- They have some very nice collections of spritesheets.

Go on one of those websites, and find the spritesheet you want, and once you're looking at it, right-click it and save it as *filename* to your desktop.
- Open up Microsoft Paint (if you've got a Mac, you'll have to figure something else out :[), and open up the spritesheet you downloaded.
- Zoom in (the magnifying glass tool) towards the sprite you want to rip until you can see each of the individual pixels that makes it up.
- *this is where some guess and check work is involved* The sprite will be made up of many different pixels, of many different colors. The colors that make up this sprite are the SPRITE'S PALETTE. Now, the sprite's palette will never be identical to the ones provided by the Able Sisters, so what you need to do is find a palette in AC that has the most colors in common with the sprite you are looking at.
(this means that sprites that have a rainbow of colors may turn out very... different. But there aren't too many like that)

Section 3:
You should be zoomed into the sprite, and have your palette all set up in AC.
- In Paint, draw a box around your sprite and COUNT THE NUMBER OF PIXELS IT IS IN EACH DIRECTION (its dimensions)
- Let's say your sprite is 16 pixels by 16 pixels (16x16, a pretty standard size)
- If you take the time to count, you'd notice that each of the four quadrants in AC's design maker is 16x16 pixels. So, logically, your sprite is going to fit exactly into one of those quadrants
- But, you don't want your sprite way off in the corner. So, do some quick math with me. If one of the quadrants is 16x16, then the whole thing design maker is... 32x32, right? Alright, now you can center your sprite instead of having it way off in some corner
- This is kind of a logical piece of math; if the entire length across the bottom is 32 pixels, then to center a 16x16 sprite, it would have to be 8 pixels away from each side, right? (I know that sounds confusing, but it'll make sense when you put it into motion). So, WITH A COLOR THAT YOU ARE NOT USING IN YOUR SPRITE, draw 8 pixels across from each side of the design maker. This will be your sprite's boundary
- Now, from the last pixel of your 8 pixel line up until the midpoint of your design (the x-axis) is going to be the boundary for your sprite.
- Now, choose the color black, and copy any black pixels in paint into the design maker (this needs to be 100% precise). Now do the same for any other colors. REMEMBER THAT IF YOU GO OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES, YOU MESSED UP SOMEWHERE!

Once you're done with all that, your design is just about finished! Now you can erase your boundary lines and maybe paste in a color for your background.

Ah?! No, no! xD

Khengi said:

I just mean if the Goku one is too big, then the Vegeta will be fine, because I'm SURE that'll won't be too big xD

Back