• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone collect playing cards?

MiniPocketWorld

Just be.🎈
Bells
Playful Scenery
Bee Plush
Bee Plush
Bee Plush
Playful Scenery
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I don't. Lol but I have been trying to learn more about thier history recently. I use to know how to play card games, but I've forgotten due to memory problems and the fact I haven't played since middle school. So I plan on relearning before the year ends. As a result I found many beautiful decks online, and just never realized all the variety of novelty decks out there and how some people collect them. I mean, some a really decorative to where even the pip cards have some decor.
I think this Odyssey Deck is one of the most impressive ones I've seen for sale.

♠️♥️♣️♦️
I was curious if anyone in the forums collect or have a couple of cool looking playing card decks (or if you want to share a favorite card game)

I used to have Pokemon cards if this counts
Pokemon cards are cool and I still have mine. I love the art. I'm talking about playing cards that have ♦️♣️♥️♠️. They have some pretty cool novelty decks out there like this Alice in Wonderland deck:
51E2Cw3PrOL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I don't collect 'standard' decks, but always keep a few sets of Bicycle brand playing cards on hand for Poker, Rummoli, Crazy Eights, and Solitaire.

I used to own an Animal Crossing: Wild World-themed deck when it was available as a physical prize through Club Nintendo (now My Nintendo). These are not my pictures, but this is what they looked like:

1664843222819.png

1664843411378.png

Last edited:
I don’t collect any types of cards. I only had a few Pokémon one Animal Crossing Amiibo cards, but not for collecting purposes.

Now I want to add playing cards to the massive list of things I already collect! I'm not surprised they make novelty decks like that, I just never expected them to be so beautiful.

Now I want to add playing cards to the massive list of things I already collect! I'm not surprised they make novelty decks like that, I just never expected them to be so beautiful.
Yes.. as someone who doesn't have playing cards, I'm having a hard time deciding what deck to get cuz I might as well get a purdy one 😸🙃
I could see how someone overtime would end up with a few of them. 🪄🃏

I don't collect 'standard' decks, but always keep a few sets of Bicycle brand playing cards on hand for Poker, Rummoli, Crazy Eights, and Solitaire.

I used to own an Animal Crossing: Wild World-themed deck when it was available as a physical prize through Club Nintendo (now My Nintendo). These are not my pictures, but this is what they looked like:

View attachment 462890
View attachment 462891
This is pretty neat!!

I actually do! I wanted to collect video game theme playing cards but figured I'd go overboard lol
Some of those are pretty awesome.
(I was admiring some Zelda themed decks last night online from independent artists 👀)
iap_640x640.3790372752_8t5vtlqv.jpg

I like some of the Elephant brand novelty cards and I like some of the Bicycle brand while browsing online stores. Actually I learned today that Independent artists can publish cards through Bicycle via kickstarter, then I found an artist that I really like that uses that method and is way out of my budget or plain sold out lol. They have a ladybug themed deck that I really like 😕 and is cooler than it sounds imo. There are some artists in Japan too that use a similar method that do amazing work. It's just amazing what people make. It would be cool to make your own decks as well.
Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to understand the tax stuff of that, and my art probably needs work lol.
But there are some card places that can print your art in low numbers for you if you just want to make some for your friend and family 🥰

Nah.

I did grab the limited edition UpUpDownDown-themed Uno deck since I enjoyed watching their Uno series when it was still a thing.
YRpJY8l.png
1IKDc3l.png

I kind of wish I opted for those Animal Crossing playing cards that Mairmalade posted back when they were available; I instead opted for a Majora's Mask bag.

Last edited:
My grandfather used to collect cards, I never saw his collection unfortunately. On the other hand though, I have the Fallout: New Vegas deck that came with the collectors edition. They're missing clubs and hearts as the original deck didn't come with them, but they're meant to be played using the game "caravan" from New Vegas.

They have various quotes and concept art on them. Super cool lil collectors items.

Meh just to share.
I finally settled on a deck of cards. I got them from a site I never order from, so hopefully it will all go fine and hopefully the cards aren't terrible lol. But I find them super cute... bears! :D No I've never been to California but the bears override that.
I almost got the mythical beasts 1 by bicycle because I really liked the artwork on them, but I am going to see how these bears work out for me first.

I do have a couple of playing card decks and I still know a few games but I don't play them a lot sadly. Shame, they are fun. Didn't help that most people I asked if they wanted to play card games all knew different ones than I do lol. Nothing special, just a regular one and some with book motifs that a co-worker found in a book and gave me.

I also have like ~20-30 PoGo TCG cards I got recently since they contained codes for getting stuff in PoGo. Never got the clothes set though..shame.

I do have a couple of playing card decks and I still know a few games but I don't play them a lot sadly. Shame, they are fun. Didn't help that most people I asked if they wanted to play card games all knew different ones than I do lol. Nothing special, just a regular one and some with book motifs that a co-worker found in a book and gave me.

I also have like ~20-30 PoGo TCG cards I got recently since they contained codes for getting stuff in PoGo. Never got the clothes set though..shame.
I was surprised to learn there are more single player games for regular playing cards than you might think. People online created some like one called joker jailbreak.
I do kinda wonder if most people today would consider card games kind of dated since we have video games and online connections now.

I was surprised to learn there are more single player games for regular playing cards than you might think. People online created some like one called joker jailbreak.
I do kinda wonder if most people today would consider card games kind of dated since we have video games and online connections now.
Yeah I definitely like doing like, Solitaire, Pyramids and stuff =)

Yeah I dunno, sad times really. Computers don't beat the real deal.

Don't know if this counts but my brother has an entire box of old telephone cards back from when payphones were still a thing in Brazil.
They have all sorts of different artworks, photos, some even came in sets. It was a pretty cool way to not make these single-use cards entirely disposable, specially considering that they're all made of plastic.

My favorite ones have little comic strips on them such as this one:
abril_20080647.jpg

Transcript:
"Where are you going?"
"Where did you come from?"
"Who are you?!?"
"Doesn't matter, you brought the ball!"

i used to collect pokemon cards, match attax and moshi monster cards back in the day (i don't think moshi monster cards are playing cards but yeah). still regret my decision to give my chonk collection of pokemon cards to my cousin. i miss them (the cards)

Back