• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you accept friend requests from random players you’ve played with in multiplayer?

I don't think I've received any friend requests from random people, but I'd never accept those requests. I'd need to personally know who they are before I would add them to my friend list.

Just wanted to add, I accept the requests because as far as I know there’s no way to message these people? I just see their names pop up when they’re online, and I can see their play time and stuff.

Yeah I accept any I get on switch. I've had several random people add me from splatoon 3. I like to see what games people are playing. Just too bad switch has no messaging system. Steam I'm more cautious because of the shady stuff out there, but if the person's profile seems legit enough sure I'll accept a random.

I have, but not often. For the Switch and Wii U that is. Nintendo doesn't really have a way to properly communicate and or set up times to play. But if I had a lot of fun with them with Smash, Mario Kart, or whatever, I don't mind adding them. It's how I ended up making some good online/gaming friends.

On the Switch, I'll add any random friend requests! I'm a bit more cautious with other systems (though I don't play anything but Switch these days anyway).

I used to and I kinda regret it. A good chunk of the people on my Switch or Steam over the years are people I haven't even interacted with on a game. I just got the request and it didn't seem suspicious so I added anyway. I've removed most of them since my list was getting crowded and now only accept the requests if I've interacted with the person before on a website, Discord server, or know them irl.

I do because tbt is the only place I have my switch friend code posted publicly, so if I get a request, I know it’s someone from here.

i used to get a ton in splatoon and i've accepted a quite a few early on, immediately after accepting friend requests they would make a room for me to join so we can continue playing together (because every 2 hours maps change and it kicks players in a lobby). but as time went on i hardly see them online anymore so i deleted them.

Eh no, I don't really want to commit to people and like feel the need to keep on playing with them during their times.

I was wondering if you accept random friend requests. I got some from Persona 5 Royal and I’ve been getting a few from Splatoon 3. I normally don’t and only accept from people I share my code with but I did accept some that requested it from P5R and one from Splatoon 3. Now that I got another one (I don’t remember the player at all), I’m debating if I should or not. I kinda regret adding the ones from P5 but I don’t remember who they were to remove. It hasn’t had any bad consequences though.
How do you get friend requests from Persona 5 Royal?

I generally never ever do it! I mostly always play alone or with friends I know so I don't usually feel like I'd want to give them the attention they are looking for. But I can really see the appeal of having someone with similar interests, none of my friends would enjoy something like for example the aforementioned Persona 5 Royal or Final Fantasy 16, no matter how much I bully them into playing it lmao. As I grow older I'm starting to realize that the fact that someone plays video games isnt enough to get along, they have to be similar games.
Post automatically merged:

Eh no, I don't really want to commit to people and like feel the need to keep on playing with them during their times.
This exactly.

I do accept random friend requests. But get this, I never do anything to them after that, I just accept them and end of story. I also loathe it when they join my room without my consent.

How do you get friend requests from Persona 5 Royal?

I generally never ever do it! I mostly always play alone or with friends I know so I don't usually feel like I'd want to give them the attention they are looking for. But I can really see the appeal of having someone with similar interests, none of my friends would enjoy something like for example the aforementioned Persona 5 Royal or Final Fantasy 16, no matter how much I bully them into playing it lmao. As I grow older I'm starting to realize that the fact that someone plays video games isnt enough to get along, they have to be similar games.
Post automatically merged:

This exactly.
I don’t know tbh; you can do a group fusion which includes a random person’s shadow, so I’m thinking by doing that it lists you as a player they’ve played with under search for players you played with.

I don’t know tbh; you can do a group fusion which includes a random person’s shadow, so I’m thinking by doing that it lists you as a player they’ve played with under search for players you played with.
ah ok! that's kind of crazy tho, adding people via that! but you still took that with stride :) i find that nice

Used to, but not anymore. I now strictly only add friends that are either mutual or I know who they are. My PSN list has several users (including real life friends who I don’t talk to anymore), but my Switch one is fairly empty as I don’t really play online other than on New Horizons.

One of these days I’ve got to push out of my comfort zone and actually reach out to some users here on TBT who would be interested in beating me over and over playing online with me. More casual games can be fun with friends over the chaos that’s Mario Kart or Smash Bros. I’d imagine getting started with friends wouldn’t be very hard to do, but I’ll share my interest when I’m ready.

Back