• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

do you have more than one toothbrush

how many toothbrushes do you use... actively

Votes: 40 65.6%

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • more than 2... what thE

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if u use more than one ur a psychopath

For a while, my girlfriend and I shared one. Yes, that means you need to change the brush more often as it is getting more work, but a lot of people thought that was weird. If you kiss your spouse, you shouldn't worry about sharing a toothbrush.

Last edited:
I have one at home and one that stays in my washbag for when I go away overnight.

no??? dude- who uses two toothbrushes at the same time? I always have a spare on hand but I'd never use it at the same time as my primary toothbrush.

I use old ones to clean, and keep them separate. I did buy a hard bristled one by mistake once.
That's what I do to. I use my old used brushes to waterproof my boots when they need it. But I'm usually trying to be resourceful and see what I can use something for before I toss it. I'm not a hoarder, but I also don't like being wasteful. I see people throw away good stuff all the time and it blows my mind.

Someone was going to throw away a 50gallon rubbermaid trashcan a few days ago because it had a slight cut. So I took it for my landscaping job.

That's what I do to. I use my old used brushes to waterproof my boots when they need it. But I'm usually trying to be resourceful and see what I can use something for before I toss it. I'm not a hoarder, but I also don't like being wasteful. I see people throw away good stuff all the time and it blows my mind.

Someone was going to throw away a 50gallon rubbermaid trashcan a few days ago because it had a slight cut. So I took it for my landscaping job.
The shower grout destroys sponges, so the landlady suggested old toothbrushes.

Maybe use flex seal the trashcan?

I was expecting this thread to be about spare toothbrushes or something what 😭

I’ve never used more than one toothbrush at a time. Doing so has never even occurred to me lol. I feel like using more than one toothbrush at a time is kind of wasteful and pointless, but to each their own ig lol. I always try to have a spare toothbrush on hand for when I throw the one I’m using out, though.

I only actively utilize one toothbrush at a time and it has been that way throughout my life. I don't use manual toothbrushes anymore, as of a few years ago, after being suggested by the hygienist at the dentist's office to try electric. I got an electric toothbrush for Christmas that year and haven't turned back. I did have to replace the first one last year since it started malfunctioning and died, but I got a more recent model afterward.

The recommended time to replace a toothbrush or swap to a new head on your electric toothbrush is every 3 months, so that's what I do.

I technically have a second electric toothbrush around here but I found it to be too underpowered and gave me an unsatisfactory clean. It was disappointing because there were more options for different colored brush heads. Alas.

I do still receive manual toothbrushes in the little bag with the floss and mini mouthwash when I go for my 6 month check-up/cleanings, but they're only useful for me for household cleaning as mentioned by Reginald Fairfield and -Blue-.

no??? dude- who uses two toothbrushes at the same time? I always have a spare on hand but I'd never use it at the same time as my primary toothbrush.
Thank you for bumping this 🤣🤣
I only use one toothbrush at a time, BUT I have an electric toothbrush so I have technically been using two at once - when I went away, I just took a normal toothbrush with me

I think my 2018 self was confused and thought spare toothbrushes counted based on my poll answer.
I currently only have one and it is electric. I am pretty sure I didn't even have that toothbrush when I originally saw this.

I usually keep two. One for brushing my teeth and one for brushing my night guard. I discard my toothbrush every once in a while and get a new one. I don't see the need to keep a second one for brushing my teeth.

I was told by a dentist that I should be switching brushes every 6 months. That stuck with me.

We usually keep a supply of extras though.

usually I only use one toothbrush actively at home but I do have a toothbrush for when I travel that’s separate from my home toothbrush so if that counts, I guess two? since I don’t travel that much I will use the travel toothbrush as my new home toothbrush when I have to change that one out and then use the old one for house cleaning just so I can get as much use out of it until I throw it away.

I actually do have 2 toothbrushes but I only use one at a time. One for travel (which I do a lot) and one for home. I'm not opposed to having a morning brush and a night brush tho 🤔 It makes sense to me somehow.

Yes. One manual and one electric. Reason being the electric I feel does a better job. However it dries my mouth out pretty bad, so I alternate because it doesn't do much good if you get a dry mouth.

Back