• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Does anyone still play ACNL?

neptoons

wut
Bells
Blue Bunny Balloon
So ACNL has been out for 8 years now and I feel like the NL community has pretty much moved on 100% from the game, me included. So I was just wondering, does anyone still play this game, or prefer it to NH?
Thanks!

I still play this gane every day not as much as the new one but I check in just made a new town

Honestly don't know if I can go back to it after New Horizons? When I played I had to constantly plot reset to get villagers where I wanted them and planting trees sucked because sometimes they would just? die? for no reason? Just because there was a dead spot. Rocks being destroyable in NH was a major need filled and being able to move things half a tile made house decorating so much easier as well. There were just too many QOL updates for me to go back right now. 😭

Yep, I've been playing New Leaf every day for over 4 years now and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I didn't even buy New Horizons. I waited to see what everybody had to say after it came out and decided that it's honestly not the game for me. I don't like any of the new features like terraforming, crafting, farming or cooking, and I can only get interested in decorating occasionally so it's not something I would do most of the time. I prefer New Leaf because there's so much more for me to enjoy since it's not as heavily focused on design.

I haven't touched my 3ds in years and I can't even find the charger for it so I'm most likely done with the game. My gameplay in ACNL was extremely chill and I missed out on a lot of things. Never completed my catalog, never completed the museum, didn't know about gyroids, never bred hybrids, never tried multiplayer, never time travelled, missed out on a lot of seasonal events. I just opened my game and did whatever I could for the day (mostly catch beetles in the island). I know some people would say this is how you are "supposed" to play the game, but my experience with ACNH feels much more fulfilling tbh.

This forum is pretty active. I'm playing it again after a few years break and forgot how good it was.I was a casual player back then I never really got into it like I am now. For example upgrading the shops, meeting new villagers and doing favours for them, events, Tortimers Island, the list is endless.

I haven't touched my 3ds in years and I can't even find the charger for it so I'm most likely done with the game. My gameplay in ACNL was extremely chill and I missed out on a lot of things. Never completed my catalog, never completed the museum, didn't know about gyroids, never bred hybrids, never tried multiplayer, never time travelled, missed out on a lot of seasonal events. I just opened my game and did whatever I could for the day (mostly catch beetles in the island). I know some people would say this is how you are "supposed" to play the game, but my experience with ACNH feels much more fulfilling tbh.
Can't you buy a charger for the 3ds?

no but sometimes i do miss it i loved my ds def one of the most played systems ive ever owned

i just checked my nl town a couple weeks ago but i dont miss it i wish we were able to move our nl characters to nh bc i had alot of bells that can really help in nh

Not anymore, last time i played was last year.
Too scared to open it now, because i have a gut feeling my favorites left me

When I get an itch to play Desert Island Escape I'll boot up my NL town and do a once over.

im 8 yrs late to the game, but its so fun! acnh is always fun with decorating, but its fun to enjoy the simple stuff, ya kno??

i started playing acnl in the pandemic and i love it lol i still play it till this day

Back