• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Dressing Up Fancy

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Do you enjoy dressing up?

I kinda detest it. Thanks to attending court yesterday, I had to dress up nicely from top to bottom. and I guess it was nice not looking like a street urchin. If it were up to me, I would dress for comfort everywhere. That is not how the world works though.

My family likes high end diners. The portions are ridiculously tiny and I feel completely uncomfortable. It feels too much like a social statement. I'd rather just go to a pub.

I don’t mind it, actually. I used to hate it when I identified as a woman. Dresses were horrid and I couldn’t stand wearing them. I don’t mind wearing what would be considered dressing-up for men. I’ve always wondered how I’d look in a suit, honestly, but I haven’t had a reason to wear one yet.

I like it for special occasions cause I've been in sweatpants or work clothes for the past decade. Recently I went looking for my old prom dress cause I wanted to wear it and drink tea but my mom apparently donated it. I hope whoever found my rainbow ball gown at the thrift store cherished it.

I don't like dressing up. A lot of dressing up clothing materials are just really uncomfortable feeling. I'll do it if I have to for an occasion or something.

I often dress "fancy". Whether I'm at home, work or goin' out somewhere, I like to dress good. 😁 I have a decent assortment of suits, neck ties, bow ties, suspenders, sleeve garters, waist coats, leather shoes, wristwatches, etc. Dressing good makes me feel good. 😎 Even dressing down with a polo or sweater looks good, in my opinion. I'm not wealthy either, you just gotta know where to buy and how to expand your wardrobe using the items you have. 👞⌚👔✨

i love fashion so i'm always down to get dressed up. though i tend to have my own idea of what's "fancy" and i'm always practical too lol. fancy gown but pair it with comfy sneakers yes pls

yes! I think it's incredible that I can wear different versions of aesthetics that I like and pair it with diff accessories, makeup and hairstyles to keep mixing it up, i love the process and collection (am i a hoarder?..... maybe)

before covid, i used to do my makeup everyday and dress up to feel nice. during lockdown, my body and mental health rapidly declined meaning i am not the same shape as i used to be and i rly rly don't like the way i look. however, i like the way my clothes look - and i want to wear them! since graduating and working full time for the last couple of years, i got into my working from home routine, wore lash extensions which discouraged me from doing my eyeshadow (WHICH IS MY THINGGGG) and didn't feel like i could wear some of my pieces because i wasn't a skinny student anymore on campus, i'm a weird adult with an office job. it doesn't feel right to rock up to the office in my pink fluffy coat, fun tights and chunky shoes with a face full of makeup

HOWEVER - some sad life things have happened and i don't care anymore! yh some of my clothes don't fit but I can sell them! i can work around my lash extensions! life is too bloody short to not enjoy expressing myself by dressing up!

this is a wee vent but it's a very recent realisation lmao - i have treated myself to some clothes I've been eyeing up for AGES and thought hmm no i can't wear that hmm no my body type doesn't suit that UGH STOP I CAN ENJOY THINGS AND WEAR THEM I DFON'T CARE ANYMOREEEEE 💖

I have drastically shifted my wardrobe over the past few months by thrifting a lot and my aesthetic is kinda preppy/fancy already so wether I'm dressed fancy usually depends on wether I put a tie on or not. I have really enjoyed redifining what I am wearing on a daily basis and it has been very healing and I always feel amazing going out. I used to dress pretty badly and in a discreet way so as not to be seen but that has changed. It took a few months but after a few runs at the thrift shops with a goal (aesthetic + color scheme) I finally have a nice rotation of outfits and accessories which I love.
So I do feel like I'm dressing kinda fancy everyday, but I enjoy it.

As much as I like dressing up fancy, I prefer to dress in vintage style clothing with presentation and class. Buttoned up blouses with frills and laces with overall dresses and ribbons are my favorite type of fashion!

it depends on which occasion I dress up though. I just like vintage styled fashion in general.

I like to dress up fancy on occasion. It feels nice and I like looking good.

I was going to say I hate dressing up fancy, but then I thought about it and realized there’s not really anything I dislike about it besides the fact that sometimes the event I have to dress up for is something I don’t really want to attend. So yeah, I don’t have much of an issue, but it’s always refreshing to come home after it’s done and take them off.

I do but maybe because we do rarely. So, when it happens, it feels special and fun. .

I don't know what I'd consider fancy for me. I really like dressing in cute outfits and where I live, I guess I'm always overdressed but I've never been a shorts, flipflops, and t-shirt person. I rarely wear graphic tees. I don't own a single hoodie. The most casual is wearing joggers and I end up with a more streetwear look.

I like pattern blouses, jewel-tone sweaters and coats. I have dresses, skirts, tights and colorful trousers. I have an extensive earring collection that I love to wear. To me, that's my casual wear. It's fun and I get excited when I see another person with a really cool style.

i wouldn't say i love dressing up, but i do love putting on a cute outfit, doing my makeup and hair. i like putting a little effort into my appearance everyday. i started wearing really big eyeliner everyday and i've been growing out my natural hair color, i really like wearing jewelry and stuff. ever since i graduated high school and dropped out of college, all i wear is sweatshirts and sweatpants, so if i want to go somewhere nice, my idea of dressing up is basically jeans and a t shirt and my doc martens lol

I hate men's formal wear with a passion. I hate ties. I hate dress shirts and the dress pants are never comfortable for me.

I hate men's formal wear with a passion. I hate ties. I hate dress shirts and the dress pants are never comfortable for me.

yeah during highschool I was working as a hotel housekeeper and that was exactly the attire I had to wear. (I'd take the bus back to school around lunch time).

But our school only had one bathroom which got overcrowded. I didn't have time or a good place to change. Meant I was stuck in dress clothes all day.

Thinking back, I probably could have asked the staff office for permission to use that bathroom. Because I really started to hate formal wear.

Back