• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Have you ever been starstruck?

Have you ever been starstruck?

• Yes

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Chloe are you serious rn

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
About Celine Dion, I don't know if she changed since but from I saw she's super patient and nice with ppl.
Someone I know in PR was mad at her because she made wait the prime minister with other journalists and fans while she was changing in the waiting room. (y) I'm all for that, wait for your turn when she's ready. The PR person was like "No but he's the prime minister! He should be allowed in right away!" and see her naked? I saw that a few times, like in sports, the journalists and photographers are let in the waiting room while the artists are changing, I can't tell you how many ppl I saw in their underwear not able to find a discreet place to change, sometimes the other artists were holding towels around to hide them.

I’ve never been starstruck, simply because I don’t really believe anything I see/hear. I was impressed/touched by some celebrities’ life stories, but I don’t know if those are entirely true. I’ve never interacted with a celebrity in any way, so I can’t really say anything about that. I don’t think I would be nervous, though, I am not too impressed with anyone. They’re all normal people, the only thing that sets them apart from me is their fame.

I'd definitely say I have been, at least a little bit! c: Back when I'd go to the local anime convention around here, I'd always get super excited to be at VA panels. I might've loudly cheered at a couple of voice actors when I was a teen, eheh. I also get pretty giddy if a Youtuber or streamer I follow likes or replies to my comment/artwork/etc.

Yep. The first time I met the Finnish band The Rasmus backstage at a music festival. Even though the meet & greet was official they still took myself and a few other fans by surprise as we weren't expecting them to be leaning against the some storage containers. The only other time I got starstruck was meeting an actor from MTV's Teen Wolf at a convention about ten years ago. I had a huge crush on him at the time and seeing him in person actually stunned me into silence for a few seconds, talk about awkward. 😂

Yeah, though mostly afterwards cause I suck with faces/names etc. so I only got to know who they were and stuff after I saw/talked to them. I'm also shy so that helps 😂

I forgot to mention, a few years ago, DJ Khaled posted himself dancing in a random parking lot near my hometown. Though I didn't see it in person, I thought that was pretty cool lol.

I don’t really know if this counts, but a few years ago I got to interview Ros Canter (a famous equestrian) over email for a school project. She was so sweet and it was a dream come true for me. She was the only one out of probably 10 people I emailed who replied and was willing to do the interview, and she gave me a lot of great tips for my riding.

This is only going to sound silly to some people, but whenever I feel something actually good happens to me thats when I get the feeling of being "starstruck" I don't know I am too skeptical and cautious about everything these days.

The only time I remember being starstruck was when I saw SpongeBob at a live event when I was little. The city I was in at the time was having this event called the Children's Festival downtown where a few streets are closed of for rides and other attractions for kids. I was at this festival with my parents when there was a live event with SpongeBob (well a person in a costume) and they asked some kids to come on stage and dance with him. My parents were trying to get me to go up there but I was too nervous and starstruck to dance (think I was like 8 or 9 at the time). Other than that I was never really crazy about celebrities.

in february i saw billie eilish in concert, my seat was high up so i wasn’t on the floor but they were great because i wasn’t too high up either. every show she does on tour she goes on a crane/lift and it moves around. i was so starstruck because not only was she in the same venue as me, she was right in front of me, maybe like 15 or 20 yards away. she was throwing candy bc it was the day before valentine’s day and im pretty sure she looked at me, at least that’s what i like to believe lol, or more like in my general direction.

The only time I remember being starstruck was when I saw SpongeBob at a live event when I was little. The city I was in at the time was having this event called the Children's Festival downtown where a few streets are closed of for rides and other attractions for kids. I was at this festival with my parents when there was a live event with SpongeBob (well a person in a costume) and they asked some kids to come on stage and dance with him. My parents were trying to get me to go up there but I was too nervous and starstruck to dance (think I was like 8 or 9 at the time). Other than that I was never really crazy about celebrities.
When I was little I met “Arthur” at Wal-Mart and cried when we had to leave lol

Never met or interacted with a celebrity. As such, I can't say how I would respond in the moment, but just thinking about it right now I don't think I would be starstruck. Like you said, they're just normal people in unusual circumstance. I probably wouldn't want to bother whoever it might be and would just want to let them have their time to themself. I might want to wave or shake a hand or something, depending on who it is, but that's about it.

I'm also not one to follow celebrity culture and their goings on though. There aren't necessarily that many famous people I'd really care to meet/chat with anyway. Some people involved in works that I enjoyed and/or was inspired by, sure, but I wouldn't really be too interested in just some random celebrity.

Last edited:
As a fan of professional wrestling, I see some of my favorite wrestlers on tv and always wanted to meet them in real life. Back in 2005, WWE had a live tv taping of their show so me and my dad went and had a great time. Afterwards, as the people started leaving, you may get a chance to see some wrestlers shake hands and say hi to some of the fans near the ring before they made everyone go home. I decided to make my way towards the front to try to get my hand shaked by one of my favorite wrestlers of all time: Eddie Guerrero. I remember reaching my hand out and it happened! I was such a happy dude at the time and I was telling all my friends in high school what happened.

Sadly a month later, Eddie would pass away but I'll forever remember that moment as a wrestling fan to have just that chance to even meet their heroes.

As a fan of professional wrestling, I see some of my favorite wrestlers on tv and always wanted to meet them in real life. Back in 2005, WWE had a live tv taping of their show so me and my dad went and had a great time. Afterwards, as the people started leaving, you may get a chance to see some wrestlers shake hands and say hi to some of the fans near the ring before they made everyone go home. I decided to make my way towards the front to try to get my hand shaked by one of my favorite wrestlers of all time: Eddie Guerrero. I remember reaching my hand out and it happened! I was such a happy dude at the time and I was telling all my friends in high school what happened.

Sadly a month later, Eddie would pass away but I'll forever remember that moment as a wrestling fan to have just that chance to even meet their heroes.
Wow! Sounds like fun! My dad met Mr. Wonderful and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Back when I was obsessed with comic strips I went to two book signings for one of my favorite artists. He was Stephen Pastis, creator of Pearls Before Swine. The second time I went he recognized me from a video one of my moms DMd him a few hours earlier. It contained an embarrassing old video of me acting as one of his characters. He liked it, but I told him how I felt about it now. After signing my book he said thanks for meeting him and I walked off.

Back when I was obsessed with comic strips I went to two book signings for one of my favorite artists. He was Stephen Pastis, creator of Pearls Before Swine. The second time I went he recognized me from a video one of my moms DMd him a few hours earlier. It contained an embarrassing old video of me acting as one of his characters. He liked it, but I told him how I felt about it now. After signing my book he said thanks for meeting him and I walked off.
Omg I loved that comic strip! That, Garfield, and of course Calvin and Hobbes.

Just remembered this, with the Eurovision finale being today:

About ten years ago I found an obscure video of Odd Borre (Norway) from the 1968 Eurovision, and I was joking around about how much he looked and moved like Mo Rocca. At the time, I was a big fan of My Grandmother’s Ravioli (still listen to “Mobituaries” though) so I sent the video to Mo Rocca and said how I thought the guy looked like him. He called it “hilarious” and said he had been sick so it cheered him up. 😂😁

While Odd Borre finished twenty-something in the competition, that performance is oddly special to me lol.

Yep. WWE wrestler Bobby Roode was standing behind me at a line in New York. (He goes by Robert Roode now). I was stunned in that moment and not expecting it.

Then someone else recognized him and others started shouting at him.

He put his hood over his face. I get the impression he didn't feel like being bothered. (Celebrities are people too).

I'm glad I didn't bother him. I think I was a little too awe struck anyways.

No. I love voice actors and I follow some on twitter and instagram, but I don’t think of how I feel about them as starstruck but more as respect for them as a person and for their talent (sorry if this sounds weird or rude). Maybe the closest to starstruck would be how I feel about Hiroshi Kamiya and Daisuke Ono; I get so excited when I see they’re voicing over a character in a series or game I’m interested in. I am impressed tremendously by English voice actors too but I don’t think how I see them is the way people generally look at like hollywood celebrities (I don’t view the Japanese VAs that way either). Most voice actors seem really down to earth and are kind and friendly to fans, that is part of what keeps me following them and replying to them.

Back