• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is the DS in trouble?????

I think that they will be about equal because you have those that like Nintendo and those that like Sony. But I believe that the DS will end up with better sales for now simply because it came out sooner and there are people who want both but can only get one this year ( or something like that ) and the DS was simply out first and it was around the holidays too.

marketing is always big. Sony missed the biggest marketing date in the year. They missed there chance, now they don't have a choice to ship it after Christmas. They're going to miss out on lot of sails.

BASTOISE99 said:
marketing is always big. Sony missed the biggest marketing date in the year. They missed there chance, now they don't have a choice to ship it after Christmas. They're going to miss out on lot of sails.
That is true.

No, I don't think the PSP is a problem for the DS at all.
1. the DS totally sold out the PSP in Japan
2. the PSP is 250 bucks at its cheapest.
Thats just what I think.

Price is always a big factor. Many kids who want to but the psp are going to be out of luck. $250 is alot for a kid. Including games and everything thats alot for parents too. The ds is a good price remaining at $150.

BASTOISE99 said:
Price is always a big factor. Many kids who want to but the psp are going to be out of luck. $250 is alot for a kid. Including games and everything thats alot for parents too. The ds is a good price remaining at $150.
That is true. At my average allowance rate of 10-15 dolllars, it would take me 2 months at least to get enough. But, I didn't get one. I got the DS

:)

<big><big><big><big><big>NEW INFORMATION!!!</big></big></big></big></big><big></big><big></big><big><big>

<big><big><big>RECENTLY THE DS HAS BROKEN TONS OF SALE RECORDS FOR VIDEOGAMES EVER MADE!</big></big></big><big></big><big></big></big>

Yes...

The DS is amazing... too much for Sony...
END OF DISSCUSSIOIN!

Trust us, the PSP wont some close...

The way it looks now sony doesn't have anywhere to run for this. I t looks like now the psp is done but the future will tell. Breaking records means that it broke a record against the ps2 too!

Well I'll bet you on this...
If Sony makes a second handheld after PSP (keyword if)... they will have a touch screen, two screens, a mic... etc. just to try and stay up there... and we all know who the first people were to have that dont we?

yep. and also since the ds did that already, then they could add even more technology that we can't even think of.

I think that the DS will prevail becaues everyone has heard about Mario and Zelda, but who's heard of Ape Escape? A significantly lower number of people.

Back