• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Gallery Melanie's Scribbles

Pattern Source
Self
Creator ID
MA-9856-3544-5389

MelanieScribbles

Artistic, autistic, and just generally tired
Bells
Switch
3961-7071-9035
Island
Crayola
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Lily
Red Lily
White Lily
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Red Pansy
Feedback
0% (0) +
Hello, and welcome to my design thread! It's still a work in progress: I've only just unlocked the Able Sisters in New Horizons, but I've been making designs on and off ever since New Leaf.

This thread is still work in progress, so please stay tuned!

Gothic Dress: MO-NRJ0-Y79P-8ST2
Siren of the Sea: MO-PH0Y-K1DX-8DS1 (screenshots coming soon!)
Gibson Girl (purple variant): MO-W7F2-2V4H- 2XR2
Gibson Girl (red variant): MO-NTHD-X07S-QJPT
Gibson Girl (green variant): MO-Q8S2-NBT1-VVHL
Gibson Girl: (black variant): MO-R0G5-LL6V-LRS5
Gibson Girl (white variant): MO-65CP-FF34-7K23

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to my Gallery! Thank you for checking out my work: I'm definitely open to constructive criticism, as I'm a bit new to the design mechanics of New Horizons versus those of New Leaf, and a bit of a beginner compared to some other designers.

Last edited:
Well, let's get this thread started off right with my first design ever: Gothic Dress. I'm a goth in real life, and I made this dress to replace the outfit that the game originally put me in. I mean: a blue checkered shirt, white pants and some blue slip-on shoes don't exactly scream goth... :ROFLMAO:

And I'm not exactly a weekend goth who might wear something like that on weekdays either: Within the subculture, dressing the part is actually not that important, it matters more whether you listen to the music or not. But I actually do dress goth on a daily basis, so that starter outfit just wouldn't do for me. DIY'ing is actually quite the popular hobby within the subculture as well, as the present day off-the-rack goth clothing just wasn't available back when the subculture started in the 80's. So you can understand: If I couldn't buy anything better yet, then it was time to make something better. And I'm pretty proud of how this design turned out.

Design name: Gothic Dress
Design code: MO-NRJ0-Y79P-8ST2

Internet_20220210_153903_7.jpeg

Internet_20220210_153903_6.jpeg

Internet_20220210_153903_5.jpeg

Internet_20220210_153903_5.jpeg

Internet_20220210_153903_8.jpeg

If you want, then please feel free to come take an even closer look at this design at my Able Sisters! It's available there as well now: Just send me a DM for a Dodo Code.

Now we can't just leave this gallery at only one design, now can we? :ROFLMAO: I did make some more custom designs over the course of starting my island, and Pascal giving me a Mermaid Crown once gave me the inspiration for this one: we have lovely Mermaid Clothing in-game, but I wanted to make something mermaid-themed when I saw the item, just for fun. I decided to go for a 'party on the beach vibe' for the photo shoot, and it was definitely a blast to take these screenshots. I didn't have the sandy=beach flooring in my catalog yet at this point, so I quickly made a sand floor in the basic custom designs myself for this one.

Design name: Siren of the Sea
Design code: MO-PH0Y-K1DX-8DS1

Internet_20220202_205724_3.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205724_2.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205724_1.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205724_4.jpeg

If you want, then please feel free to come take an even closer look at this design at my Able Sisters! It's available there as well now: Just send me a DM for a Dodo Code.

Last edited:
Okay, so I sometimes do some wishlist shopping over at the Animal Crossing fandom wiki. When I saw the Elegant Hat, I loved it, but I was surprised at how plain-looking the Elegant Dress was in comparison to it once I looked it up. I was expecting full-on Victorian drama, like bring on the frills... But instead, I got a dress that my great-grandmother would've worn! 😫 So I decided to make something that would match the hat, but would actually make someone look like a wealthy heiress in Victorian times.

I named it the Gibson Girl Dress, after the fictional glamour models of the time. It's available in all of the colours that the Elegant Hat comes in: purple, green, red, black, and white. Pictured is the purple variant, but I'll link all of the download codes here.

Design name: Gibson Girl Dress
Design codes:
Purple:
MO-W7F2-2V4H- 2XR2
Red: MO-NTHD-X07S-QJPT
Green: MO-Q8S2-NBT1-VVHL
Black: MO-R0G5-LL6V-LRS5
White: MO-65CP-FF34-7K23

Internet_20220202_205845_2.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205845_3.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205845_4.jpeg

Internet_20220202_205845_9.jpeg

Internet_20220215_210440_2.jpeg

For the photoshoot, I was kind of going for a 'Constance from the women's liberation meeting' sort of vibes. Fun fact: Dutch activists fighting for women's right to vote around Victorian times in the Netherlands actually beat officers with an umbrella to avoid getting arrested! :ROFLMAO: I do dislike the attitudes of the time, especially how women and neurodivergent people were viewed. But while i'm 100% grateful to be living in the present day, I do love Victorian-style aesthetics. I'm especially proud of that sepia filter screenshot.

I might end up making a matching hand fan and/or parasol to this, but I'm still struggling a bit with putting custom-coloured boning on the Pro Design umbrella model. Both would make an amazing accessory for this dress, though, so I'm hoping to figure that out.

If you want, then please feel free to come take an even closer look at this design at my Able Sisters! All of the variants of this dress are available there as well now: Just send me a DM for a Dodo Code.

Back