• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Moving?

Hypno KK

vampire squid from heck
Bells
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
How exactly does moving work in this game? From what I understand, you can stop villagers from moving if you ignore the last villager, but what if you only want to keep 1 or 2 villagers from moving and still rotate the rest? I saw an old message board post saying you can create a secondary character, only talk to one villager, and that villager will never move as they have to be around to greet your character when you start up the game. Is that true?

Does friendship with villagers make them more/less likely to move?

Thank you!

I don't know about the second player workaround to keep a villager. Friendships mitigate the move I think, but in the end, if they are going to move, they are going to move. Sometimes it just happens and we can enjoy the letters and times we had with them.

Thank you! I understand why that's the way it is but it's sad if we can't keep even a single villager... I like some of them better in the gc version than in recent games!

I've been looking into this. There's a claim that, once your town is full, only the last arrival can move out randomly. This means your first several villagers are permanent unless you visit other towns, in which case they can move there. Is this correct?

Oooohhh this I don't know. I do know you can avoid having someone move if you visit a town by transferring your character to a blank memory card before traveling. I'll look into this when I can!

Back