• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Place your random thoughts.

I’m excited my switch will be coming tomorrow; at the same time I’m a little nervous since I’m worried about my switch lite not charging.

I could’ve beaten the final boss for this person I cooped with, but I think they quit on the stage before. it didn’t ask if I wanted to continue waiting, so here I was sitting for idk 10 minutes or more waiting for them to come back 😬.

We were visiting a trade school program and I signed up for a car mechanic course. I got lost on my way to class. It was supposed be introduction day.

When I finally found the class, I looked through the window and everybody had already arrived. I didn't want to be the center of attention so I didn't go inside. (anxiety aha >.>)

Instead I joined a class that got us involved in community work. I had much more interest and met a life long friend who I still contact. funny how things work out.

Thankfully, my internet service provider is provided at this new address we’re likely moving to so I don’t have to find a new one and go through all that trouble. I should just be able to bring the router with me.

On Friday someone asked the biology teacher if he liked me more than her and he immediately said yes. He said that because I actually do work, and also, apparently we have a similar taste in video games, while she’s just loud and uses her phone all class. That was nice to hear.
That is really nice! I wish I had a moment like this in high school.

I logged back in optc and saw I got several friend’s requests, which never happened before the game had coop. I normally accept players with pirate level close to mine since when picking support, the ones closest to your level show up more (unless they changed it while I was on my hiatus). I accepted them all since i lost a bunch from needing time away. I’m excited I got a level 1000+ player; I wanted to send them a request but I was embarrassed and felt bad for getting a little impatient when we cooped. it doesn’t show the actions your coop partner is taking, so it looks like they’re idle while the timer is going. I normally am patient but yesterday after getting a few people that quit, I got a bit anxious that they quit.

i got a rare condition that makes me unlikable
Stay strong! I like you; I’ve seen you around here and you seem nice. I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who will like you.
I felt the same way in college and high school, and, afterward, I thought, “Why did I want those people to like me?!” They were too obnoxious for my liking. But at the same time, why did I internalize all those rude comments about being too quiet, stupid, awkward, and nervous? Most of my teachers and professors were also not nice people. (My professor of archaeology was awesome though.) It wasn’t easy, but I’m a lot happier now than I was in those environments.

However, I understand the struggle of finding the right people. It may not be the most helpful, but I believe if you keep looking, you will find them.

I found a local store that does repairs to consoles, so tomorrow I’ll give them a call. I hate doing phone calls but I think it should be a quick one. I hope they’ll be able to fix my switch lite in time for the tbtwc. 🤞

I've always thought that the mid 2010's were the new dark age of animation. With most popular cartoons falling off in the story department and sometimes having the worst finales because they pander too much to the specific shipping part of the fandom.

And, just pointless reboots anywhere. Who asked for a comedy-oriented Thundercats reboot again? Yeah, no one. Not anyone born from the 90's or early 2000's even know or cared about Thundercats as a matter of fact.

The first dark age of animation (late 50's-80's) at least produced some good cartoons though.
I feel like it started around 2008. Chowder carried CN during these times.

I feel like it started around 2008. Chowder carried CN during these times.
I think that's true now that I think about it, 2008 is truly a start of the second dark age of animation but it's the golden age for the internet (YTP's, flash animations, early Youtube videos, etc.)

I do remember watching one video where they talk about Out of Jimmy's Head. The show looked atrocious though. And yeah, Chowder is the MVP for carrying CN. Adventure Time is one of those shows in which it's fun during the early episodes but fell off in quality and consistency in the later to final episodes. I'm not a big fan of it's art style too, Chowder looked leagues better in the art style department.

Amazing World of Gumball is fun as it is because it utilizes different art styles plus that show's funny.

• Love
Reactions: Dim
I think that's true now that I think about it, 2008 is truly a start of the second dark age of animation but it's the golden age for the internet (YTP's, flash animations, early Youtube videos, etc.)

I do remember watching one video where they talk about Out of Jimmy's Head. The show looked atrocious though. And yeah, Chowder is the MVP for carrying CN. Adventure Time is one of those shows in which it's fun during the early episodes but fell off in quality and consistency in the later to final episodes. I'm not a big fan of it's art style too, Chowder looked leagues better in the art style department.

Amazing World of Gumball is fun as it is because it utilizes different art styles plus that show's funny.
Yeah, some of the shows they came up with were atrocious. Some of them weren't even cartoons (they stopped showing cartoons on a cartoon network like wtf). Adventure Time never realy peaked my interest but Gumball was definitely one I got into later on. Their style is charming for 2D characters in 3D world and it's honestly really funny. I also love their characters, especially Darwin, Carrie, and Nicole.

Back