• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon Pokemon General

Hey, so like, I'm making my own Pokemon region and it's based on Nunavut/Northern Territories/ Greenland, and because of the natives there being the Inuit people, the region is called the Mihione region, and the hypothetical names of the games are Pokemon: Remembrance and Pokemon: Neglect! it's a work in progress but i love to think of ideas for it in my free time :>

I forgot the names of the legendaries, but you can find them as well as much more details about the region somewhere posted by me on the Fakemon discord, will have to use the search feature to find things posted by me
Damascozomi, Agasureru, and Bismusomoso are the name of the three big main legendaries, (though there isn't going to be a 3rd remake version like Emerald/Platinum and such, but it would theoretically be called Pokemon: Delusion).
Their names come from
Damascus Steel + Nozomi [JP for Hope]
Agate + Wasureru [JP for Forget]
Bismuth + Uso [JP for Lie] + Mōsō [JP for Delusion]

Minerals are a huge part of the Mihione region, as it's what's involved with the region's gimmick, and many other things, such as a huge,
ominous...
trippy, metallic...
spiral in the middle of the Great Bay?
Seems...

Well, Professor Maple must know, right?

Playing through Pokemon White right now in my second ever run of the first Gen 5 games (I've only completed Black up to this point, way back near launch). I caught an Emolga in rustling grass on route 5 while training on some Audino and decided to add it to my team and train it up on Audino like the rest of my team. And that's how I learned that Static had an overworld effect, as it keeps turning so many of my rustling grass encounters into more Emolga. This is going to take a bit longer than I had planned...

Found this and it gave me a good laugh
20230725_130942_2657.jpg

So I’ve been using Pokémon Sleep and I do find it interesting but it sure is annoying needing to put my phone in bed with me with the charging cable attached. I want to get the Pokémon Go + but I don’t have enough for it right now and I’m trying to save money for new things that I will need when I move into the house my dad bought me.

Feel like everytime I replay an old Pokemon game I just question myself "Man this is so cool why did they have to remove this in the newer games". I was replaying Pokemon Y recently and I can see why Mega Evolution was so great at the time. It was such a great concept until they started replacing it with different gimmicks and after Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee since then it hasn't made a return.

Okay, I have a REALLY important question for anyone who is knowledgeable about Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. I was just recently doing my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge, and I battled Jasmine. I ended up using Fire Blast with my Togekiss while protected with Reflect, and it ended up turning into a super effective critical hit. But here's the weird part. It completely ignored Steelix's Sturdy??? Like I was fully expecting Steelix to survive because of Sturdy and KO my Togekiss, but it just... fainted.

So my question is... is it possible to OHKO a Pokemon with Sturdy if the move has high base power, is super effective, and is a critical hit? Cause the only other explanation is either her Steelix actually doesn't have Sturdy, or my game is just bugged. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Okay, I have a REALLY important question for anyone who is knowledgeable about Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. I was just recently doing my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge, and I battled Jasmine. I ended up using Fire Blast with my Togekiss while protected with Reflect, and it ended up turning into a super effective critical hit. But here's the weird part. It completely ignored Steelix's Sturdy??? Like I was fully expecting Steelix to survive because of Sturdy and KO my Togekiss, but it just... fainted.

So my question is... is it possible to OHKO a Pokemon with Sturdy if the move has high base power, is super effective, and is a critical hit? Cause the only other explanation is either her Steelix actually doesn't have Sturdy, or my game is just bugged. Any help is greatly appreciated!
No, Sturdy didn't receive the effect of knocking mons out with regular moves until Gen 5. In Gen 4, Sturdy only protects mons from 1HKO moves like Sheer Cold and Horn Drill.

No, Sturdy didn't receive the effect of knocking mons out with regular moves until Gen 5. In Gen 4, Sturdy only protects mons from 1HKO moves like Sheer Cold and Horn Drill.

Ah, thank you! Glad to know it wasn't a fluke then and that my game isn't bugged. I mean, I double-checked the authenticity of my copy before starting it, but ya know. :LOL:

Ah, thank you! Glad to know it wasn't a fluke then and that my game isn't bugged. I mean, I double-checked the authenticity of my copy before starting it, but ya know. :LOL:
To clarify so I don't have to edit: Sturdy pre-Gen 5 protects against 1 Hit KO moves but not 1 Hit KOs. This was changed in Gen 5, so yeah Sturdy pre-Gen 5 was useless. I remember this because Steelix's preferred ability pre-Gen 5 was Rock Head and the Roggenrolas surprised me when the supereffective hits didn't knock them out.

To clarify so I don't have to edit: Sturdy pre-Gen 5 protects against 1 Hit KO moves but not 1 Hit KOs. This was changed in Gen 5, so yeah Sturdy pre-Gen 5 was useless. I remember this because Steelix's preferred ability pre-Gen 5 was Rock Head and the Roggenrolas surprised me when the supereffective hits didn't knock them out.

Yeah, I looked it up and you're right (and I realized I could have just Googled this, lmao). I have to say though, that was a very good win for me RNG-wise. ✌️

I was randomly looking at the page for Centiskorch on Bulbapedia a bit ago, and since I thought about the fact that Scolipede (another bug type I love, actually my favorite bug type pokemon) is also based on a centipede, I decided to look it up as well. It turns out that Scolipede and Centiskorch, like, really hate each other lol. also holy **** I didn't realize Centiskorch is almost 10 feet long lmaoooo I bet he would put up a good fight with Scolipede then 😂

well no matter how much these two hate each other I will say that they are certified good boys and I love them dearly 😌
250px-0545Scolipede.png
250px-0851Centiskorch.png

it actually reminded me, I don't really have any plans to play Shield but if I do play I'd love to have a mono bug-type team 🪲

What’s your guys favorite Pokémon Showdown meta game? Mines is Gen 6 Pure Hackmons the meta is really fun and stupid

I mean, if you think about it a centipede the size of a horse (Scolipede, also my favorite bug type lol) would be a good fight with a centipede also the size of a horse (Centiskorch), though Centiskorch would likely win if it was IRL, considering you know, body on fire. Wait, no, I don't want to think about that. A centipede the size of a horse. Crap.
Post automatically merged:

What’s your guys favorite Pokémon Showdown meta game? Mines is Gen 6 Pure Hackmons the meta is really fun and stupid
don't get into super specific things like that at all, but Monotype Gen 8 is fun because it's one of the first things I decided to play in besides the basics. It's really fun trying to predict what types the opponent could use, try to get them with a super-effective type, only for them to pick a type super-effective against yours, but WAIT, you have a Pokemon that's dual-typed that can easily take care of them, but wait they have one too- you know? super fun prediction chaos.

I mean, if you think about it a centipede the size of a horse (Scolipede, also my favorite bug type lol) would be a good fight with a centipede also the size of a horse (Centiskorch), though Centiskorch would likely win if it was IRL, considering you know, body on fire. Wait, no, I don't want to think about that. A centipede the size of a horse. Crap.
Post automatically merged:

don't get into super specific things like that at all, but Monotype Gen 8 is fun because it's one of the first things I decided to play in besides the basics. It's really fun trying to predict what types the opponent could use, try to get them with a super-effective type, only for them to pick a type super-effective against yours, but WAIT, you have a Pokemon that's dual-typed that can easily take care of them, but wait they have one too- you know? super fun prediction chaos.
I sort of love the evolutions like scolopede where they are normal size and then actually become a beast/monster of a Pokémon. It reminds me of prehistoric animals like the giant sloth

I put off catching the 4 Disasters (yeah, that long) and caught the first one (Wo-Chien) yesterday in the first Pokeball with a Quiet nature. Today I tried doing Chien-Pao and no luck with getting a Jolly nature after the 30th Chien-Pao. Its starting to take a toll so I had to stop. Yeah, Mints exist but I'm OCD so it wouldnt sit well with me. Its so frustrating...

I swear I might take a break and do Paper Mario or wait for SM Wonder to help me relax. Well...maybe after the Teal Mask DLC. No way I'm going to catch the 3 "Heroes" right away. Maybe just Fezandipiti because the other two are eyesores.

I want a Galarian Slowking on a team I'm making for a Violet playthrough, so I'm finally going back to Sword to play the DLC. I didn't enjoy the base game of Sword & Shield, so never went back and tried the DLC until now.

I'm reminded that Sword & Shield lack orange hair and am disappointed again. Why are X & Y and Legends Arceus the only games that included orange as an option? Scarlet & Violet at least had "Scarlet" which was at least close even though still not right. Sword & Shield just has like, actual red. Kind of ludicrous for the highest grossing franchise in the world to not include an actual real world hair color.

Last edited:
Back