1. When Marnie Was There
2. Ocean Waves
3. Kiki's Delivery Service
4. Howl's Moving Castle
5. The Cat Returns
6. The Secret World of Arrietty
7. Spirited Away
8. My Neighbor Totoro

Out of the big 3 I only really enjoyed one, so I'm excited to move on to ones that are more up my alley.

Edit: I just watched Ocean Waves and I loved it. It's definitely my second favorite movie that I've seen from them. 🥰

Last edited:
1. Howl's Moving Castle
2. Whisper of the Heart
4. Spirited Away
5. Castle in the Sky

I've seen a few others, but I wasn't really crazy about any of them. I'd really like to see Grave of the Fireflies and When Marnie Was There.

Oh man, I love Ghibli!

1. Spirited Away - it's always been my go-to feel good movie, it makes me forgot all the things wrong in my life

2. Howl's Moving Castle

3. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

4. Pom Poko - VERY weird (they let it all hang out, it's very distracting! I'm not joking it's weirdly explicit guessing it's a cultural thing considering the tanuki folklore) But if you can ignore that it's fantastic! Even with the uh... details it's pretty funny.

5. My neighbours the Yamadas - an anthology collection of family tales that is so heartwarming, it reminds me of like a Japanese version of Peanuts

I think I'm going to say Howl's Moving Castle, both because it's a great film, but also because Diana Wynne Jones' trilogy are among my favorite books.

Second would be Kiki's Delivery Service.

I'm afraid I haven't seen others, but I do have a few on my wishlist, since I've loved those two so much.

WOW it makes me so happy to see such diversity in favourites :,) it's crazy to me that so many Ghibli films are beloved and yet there is no "consensus" on a best or favorite film... although I must say I AM happy to see Kiki getting love considering I named my island after it hahaha

1. my neighbor totoro
2. kikis delivery service
3. the secret world of arriety
4. spirited away (the soundtrack tho)
5.ponyo

Of the one's I've seen:

1. Princess Mononoke
2. Spirited Away
3. Grave of the Fireflies
4. Howl's Moving Castle
5. My Neighbor Totoro

I love Ghibli movies :) These are my top 5:
1. Spirited Away
2. The Cat Returns (this is underrated!)
3. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
4. Princess Mononoke
5. Howl's Moving Castle

mix of jap/eng names bc my highschool japanese teacher rubbed off on me lol

1> Howl's Moving Castle (mostly nostalgia for me, i LOVED the novel as a kid and still reread it occasionally)
2> Mononoke-hime
3> Castle in the Sky
4> Arriety the Borrower
5> Spirited Away (this one always made me freak out as a kid, so that's probably why lol)

1. princess mononoke. touches on so many levels
2. spirited away.
3. my neighbor totoro
4. kiki’s delivery service
5. nausicaä: valley of the wind (is that right?)

what i love about studio ghibli is that the villain... is just another living being. it thrives, doesn’t get punished, and is defined as a whole as something or someone with rights and opinions. they aren’t treated unjustly. they’re just trying to survive.

Hmm... Geeze this is a tough one.
I'd probably have to say,
1) Howl's Moving Castle (because, regardless of how not feminine as I proclaim myself to be, I can't help but adore romance like this)
2) Princess Mononoke (because this has some intense action scenes that set it apart from the other movies in the franchise, while also not making it the focal point of the viewing)
3) Spirited Away (the production value in this movie just can't be beat, and the voice acting was fairly solid)
4) Kiki's Delivery Service (there is something so absolutely cozy about this one)
5) Castle in the Sky (I'm ranking this one above some of the others, simply because most of the rest I didn't enjoy as much)

To be quite honest, I'm not exactly sure how people enjoy Totoro. It was an hour and a half of children screaming with little plot direction. Not a fan. Unpopular opinion, I know.
And Ponyo felt fairly uninspired.

And, if I'm not mistaken, Grave of the Fireflies isn't a Ghibli film, correct? I'm seeing so many people rank this one and it's a tad confusing.

I haven't watched the entirety of Studio Ghibli's offerings, and even the ones I have watched I watched years back and am due for revisiting. That said, if I had to rank my top 3, it would probably be:

1) Princess Mononoke
2) Grave of the Fireflies
3) My Neighbor Totoro

My Neighbor Totoro might be an odd 3rd for some, but I associate it with my best friend and it gets some affection points as a result.

I've also watched Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Kiki's Delivery Service, but I barely remember Kiki. I'd probably give Howl's 4th place and Spirited Away 5th if I had to rank them.

I'm interested in checking out some of the ones I've not watched yet, particularly Porco Rosso, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

And, if I'm not mistaken, Grave of the Fireflies isn't a Ghibli film, correct? I'm seeing so many people rank this one and it's a tad confusing
Grave of the Fireflies is not a Miyazaki film but it was produced by Studio Ghibli.

out of the ones i've seen, from favorite to least favorite (although no studio ghibli film is truly bad in my eyes):
1. spirited away
2. howl's moving castle
3. my neighbor totoro
4. princess mononoke
5. kiki's delivery service
6. the cat returns
7. ponyo
8. nausicaa of the valley of the wind
9. the wind rises
10. grave of the fireflies
11. secret world of arietty

i've been meaning to watch porco rosso and castle in the sky, but haven't gotten around to it yet unfortunately ;;

I think there's something special about all of the Studio Ghibli movies, but here are some of my favorites, in no particular order.

1. Spirited Away
2. Graveyard of the Fireflies
3. Howl's Moving Castle
4. My Neighbor Totoro
5. Kiki's Delivery Service
6. The Wind Rises

From the ones I’ve seen:
  1. Kikis Delivery Service I loved it so much especially Jiji
  2. Howls moving Castle
  3. Spirited away a bit dark but really good
  4. Totoro very cute. Kind of just ends though...?
  5. Ponyo a little weird but cute
  6. Princess mononoke just couldn’t get into it as much

I just started watching the studio ghibli movies. from what i’ve seen So far Mine would be:

1. My neighbor Totoro
2. howl’s moving castle
3. Kiki’s delivery service ( my favorite as a child)
4. spirited away

1. When Marnie was There
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Totoro
4. Spirited Away
5. Howls Moving Castle

1. Totoro
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Pom Poko (this one honestly crushes my soul to watch but it's beautiful..same could be said for Grave)
4. Grave of Fireflies
5. Spirited Away

Last edited:
1. Ponyo. This is my 'had a bad day' comfort movie.
2. Howl's Moving Castle
4. Spirited Away
5. Totoro (but like- the fox version, not the re-dubbed Disney version)
6. Princess Mononoke
7. The Cat Returns
8. Castle In the Sky
9. Arrietty
10. Nausicaa

I apparently have quite a few I need to catch up on! c:

Back