festive water baby
Bells
Switch
2505-5233-5040
Island
Redwood
Yellow Candy
Spirit Candy: Wix
so earlier this week there was a massive amount of flooding in the city I live in and my house ended up being in the middle of the worst of it. I got trapped at work because all the roads were flooded and then the next morning had to walk through thigh high water to get back to my house to check up on it. the water in the house was still ankle high when we managed to get inside and we lost over $10k in property due to water damage

we were really lucky that we had contents insurance but we've still had to spend the last five days moving everything we own into storage and wash all of our clothes that were soaked in sewage water and now are essentially homeless due to our house being deemed unlivable because of the damage

the good thing that has come out of this is the fact that a lot of the things we lost are easily replaceable or clutter that we were probably going to be getting rid of anyways but it's been difficult to not just be completely overwhelmed by how ****ty this whole situation has been

does anyone have any tips on how they stay positive in bad situations??

Omg, I’m so sorry that this happened to you! I’ve heard about flooding going on recently, and to lose your home just like that is terrible. I hope you‘re able to recover from this and that people help you out as well. :(

This year has been kind of terrible for me. Lost some friends, my mom has cancer, the pandemic has placed my life on hold a bit as well. My mom is the most positive person I know though, and I get my high positivity from her. Whenever I’m in a bad situation I always tell myself that I just have to make it through this and continue to fight. Looking at the bright side of things always helps as well. Lastly, one thing that has helped me a lot is actually quite funny. In JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures there’s a quote that says, “the one who keeps their cool in the end wins”. That’s honestly really true, and while I’m the type of person who gets angry rarely, it helps me as well. I always tell myself that to stay grounded when things start going south.

Wishing the best for you and sending positive vibes your way. 💚

Omg, I’m so sorry that this happened to you! I’ve heard about flooding going on recently, and to lose your home just like that is terrible. I hope you‘re able to recover from this and that people help you out as well. :(

This year has been kind of terrible for me. Lost some friends, my mom has cancer, the pandemic has placed my life on hold a bit as well. My mom is the most positive person I know though, and I get my high positivity from her. Whenever I’m in a bad situation I always tell myself that I just have to make it through this and continue to fight. Looking at the bright side of things always helps as well. Lastly, one thing that has helped me a lot is actually quite funny. In JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures there’s a quote that says, “the one who keeps their cool in the end wins”. That’s honestly really true, and while I’m the type of person who gets angry rarely, it helps me as well. I always tell myself that to stay grounded when things start going south.

Wishing the best for you and sending positive vibes your way. 💚
thank you so much!! I've got a tattoo on my arm that says "bad times are tough but not tougher than me" and I've been using that a lot to remind myself haha

thank you so much!! I've got a tattoo on my arm that says "bad times are tough but not tougher than me" and I've been using that a lot to remind myself haha

I love that message and that idea for a tattoo, I think it’s wonderful. Hopefully you get some relief from everything soon. :giggle:

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this right now. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. I'm not generally a very positive person, but my tactic when things get really tough is usually just to push through. I focus on just doing what I have to do and worry about things later. I don't know if that's the right method, but it gets me through to the other side. Just remember that things will get better. You can make it through this. I'll be hoping for the best for you.

I think about happy times and good things when it is really bad like right now in my house my room got flooded with boxes and it’s just a small path to my bed and I live with my brother in the same room so it’s hard and we have a huge room it makes me sad but I try to keep myself busy like right now I’m helping people out and chatting I just try to keep busy and think happy

I'm sorry that you're in this situation now, and I hope you and your community are able to recover safely soon. 🙏

I'm not a positive person, so it helps me to be around/talk with people who are more positive than I am. It also helps me to focus on figuring out how to get out of a crummy situation/improve the current situation to the best of my ability and executing on those plans.

I struggle with this too - but I find if I'm with someone who is already feeling negative, I feel a need to rally and be the positive one to help get us through the crisis, whatever that might be. Once I realized that about myself, I have tried being my own cheerleader. When I am really upset about a truly bad situation, I try to focus on the things I can change, not the things I can't. And I remind myself of what is still good.

There is a technique of thinking that I like to call "cropping" - like a photo. When photographers take a photo they will crop out the parts they don't want to photograph - say if they're framing a shot, they don't include the clutter in the background. Or sometimes, they crop the photo later to get rid of some stuff they don't want.

I try to do the same thing sometimes with situations I'm in. I crop out the bad stuff, focus on the good, in order to get through that bad moment. It's not always a good idea to do this - sometimes you have to experience what's happening to process it, but it's a coping mechanism in the toolbox.

I do struggle with being misunderstood from time to time. This is mostly due to me being on the spectrum...and there are just some other things that pertain to me that people just do not understand. Unfortunately, ignorance can lead to being insensitive. Hell, even downright hateful and toxic.

Writing helps to ease my mind from the overall mess of ignorance in the world. It's therapeutic. What's more, I do plan to actually publish some non-fiction books to help spread awareness on certain topics, so I really hope to get through to some of these people and hopefully create an overall better understanding of things like the Autistic Spectrum. I know some people are stubborn and refuse to educate themselves, so I know I can't help everyone, but if I could at least help a considerable amount...that's enough for me 💕

Back