• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Sketchbook (share your daily/random doodles!)

IMG_1815.jpeg
self portrait basically (not finished)

I wanted to get back into drawing a bit again as it's been a few months since I've finished anything. With work and other hobbies I focus on more, I haven't been drawing much the past few years. So here's something I managed to finish (or at least call it finished lol). It's my owl yokai OC, Yasunori:
*resized & watermarked with toyhou.se's custom watermarks since I uploaded this to his profile and I work on a huge canvas

75691097_jtol8ohm0_by_ningyoutachi_dgnzt2r-pre.png

cp.jpg

My husband bought me a macroboard (well for both of us, since he edits photos in Lightroom) as a Christmas gift. I decided to test out my computer setup and Clip Studio Paint all over again and I'm liking the feel of it thus far. I don't have a screen on my computer tablet, but this has been much much better for my posture when making art to look up rather than have a shrimp position hunched over my iPad.
I've been in the mood to make really elegant, flowy art, but I haven't succeeded in getting to the coloring stage, yet. Lots and lots of sketches are in my dump right now...

i don't feel like finishing this, it feels very "generic" and not at all like the sort of style i wanna develop. it's one of the better things I've done i just don't feel like finishing it

1000007811.png

A bit discouraging that I can't nail the style I want to form yet. It hasn't been long since I started drawing in general so I gotta remind myself to be patient. But boy howdy, I suck at being patient

Edit: okay I actually fixed it hehe now I'm done with this
1000007823.png

Last edited:
I binge watched most of Poofesure's Tomodachi Life series again yesterday so I was like, hey, I gotta draw the beef man himself haha. I drew him with Abby because they are, in fact, the OTP. 🥰 dunno if I can really do beef boss justice tho oops
20240115-153346.jpg

also just really been in a mood to do traditional art so I might draw more miis soon hehe (manifesting @ZeldaCrossing64 again aaaaaaa)

I binge watched most of Poofesure's Tomodachi Life series again yesterday so I was like, hey, I gotta draw the beef man himself haha. I drew him with Abby because they are, in fact, the OTP. 🥰 dunno if I can really do beef boss justice tho oops
20240115-153346.jpg

also just really been in a mood to do traditional art so I might draw more miis soon hehe (manifesting @ZeldaCrossing64 again aaaaaaa)
Oh my goodness this is great!! Abby and Beef Boss look adorable, I love it 😭 (If you drew more Miis I wouldn't mind in the slightest hehe)

Back