• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Thoughts on Hans?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Arcade Tokens
The Smug Gorila/Yeti.

I know Gorilas are not that popular around the AC Community. Still, i want to know your thoughts on this guy.

Somehow i found him cool looking despite that his face remind me of a Muppet for some reason. I can imagine him being feared but end up be such a calm/elegant guy when you met him.
8855C435-C0F4-4709-B308-6D1764B84EB0.png

I actually really like Hans, and I'm not particularly fond of the gorilla villagers so that's saying something. I found him in my New Leaf campsite once and he instantly became one of my favorites :)

I do like Hans, but he’s not my favorite gorilla villager; that would be Louie. Louie looks like Donkey Kong and that is amazing. I’m also not particularly fond of the gorillas, but I do like the two I previously mentioned.

i’m not a fan of the gorillas (aside from rilla and maybe boyd), but he’s alright! he’s not as ugly as some of the other gorillas, and i think it’s cool that he looks like a yeti.

I think it's cool we have a yeti. I've never had Hans but I have had Boone and I actually really like Boone. I bet Hans is cool too plus he shares one of my dog's names.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like the Gorilla villagers. Hans is my favorite of the Gorillas due to his yeti design, though I don't really like the nose they decided to give him. I can look past that minor thing though. I also like that he is a Smug villager, since that's one of my favorite villager personalities (it was my favorite male personality in New Leaf, but I like Cranky better in New Horizons). I have him as a permanent resident of my main New Leaf town.

For me, the gorillas are 50/50. The proportions are surprisingly charming on some and others just have completely butt-ugly designs. Hans is probably the most “normal” looking gorilla in terms of design and how he fits with other species so I prefer Peewee and Louie for being more weird and unique, however Hans is a very good villager and still has plenty of the same charm. If I had a snowy theme or something I would absolutely invite him. Also even though I’m saying this I can see how people would think the other gorillas I mentioned are more plain but idk, maybe I just remember how they looked in the older games.

Another thing is that smugs by far are my favorite so tbh Hans would be facing really tough competition if I were just picking my favorites. Marshal, Lopez, Raymond, Jacques, Cephalobot, Keaton and probably several others come before Hans.

I love Hans! But I’m a big fan of the gorillas in general, with the exception of Rilla (I don’t like human features on villagers). Having a yeti is a clever use of the character model and makes him stand out from the others.

I love the gorillas, they’re one of my favorite species in the game! And I really like Hans’ design. He’s really cool and adorable at the same time lol, which is a fantastic combo in my book!

I think Hans' design is really nice! He's not my favorite gorilla( that title goes to Peewee), but I wouldn't mind having him around, and he would do great in a winter themed island.

320515839_1138372673479842_7349824689333874578_n.jpg

278634765_358347792926242_8039113653611527410_n (1).jpg

I've had Hans since New Leaf and he's been one of my favorite smugs for a long time.I've always liked the yeti aspect of his design and his winter house interior.

I have him on my island right now. Not huge fan of the gorilla villagers (or smugs), but he’s a good villager to have around during the snowy months.

I don't like Hans...
He was my autofill when I spend 200 NMTs and over 8 hours looking for Frita and failed and it was him who took my plot instead
he gives me creepy flirty vibes and I really don't like the gorillas, it was really embarrassing letting people see him on my island I'm glad he's gone now.

I had him for a while and he was okay.

The worst gorilla villager I had, and that was based strictly on his look, was Al. The neon-ish yellow coloring of his skin was just too much.

I love Hans. I'm not a huge fan of gorillas, but he's one of my favorite villagers. I love his Yeti concept and I like that his butt does not show. I've had him in December 2020 until early this year but had to let him move out so I could meet other villagers. I've recently gotten him back as one of my final 10. Now he's permanently on my island.

I love his expression. He was especially funny when he was chasing me during the Festivale.

2021021509330000_s.jpg
2021020619353200_s.jpg

2020120309065400_s.jpg
2020122712112800_s.jpg

his face remind me of a Muppet for some reason

i scrolled past this initially until i hit the image @PacV posted of hans - this may have registered with some part of my brain because i immediately thought of the swedish chef from the muppets. watched the cahntent on youtube and i feel that hans would fit the role

dont query my association

I love the gorilla villagers. Louie was the starter jock on my first ACNH island, and I adore him! I think Hans is cute, and I like that he's a yeti villager, though I haven't had him on my island. 😊🦍

I had Hans on my island for awhile and liked him a lot. His design is great and perfect for a folk tale island or winter island.

I've had a soft spot for him since we became unlikely buddies in New Leaf

I was disappointed when I saw his plot but after I saw his whole theme he kinda' reminded me of Yeti from Monsters Inc. and I enjoyed him more lol

Back