• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I’m happy because Spanky came in and snuggled with me under the blankets. 🥰. She hasn’t done this for a long time (or so it seems). She was purring up a storm ☺️. She didn’t stay long but that’s okay 🙂. I’m just happy to know she still loves me ☺🥰

I am almost halfway to getting a golden watering can. I bought the regular one and flowers before since i didn’t think I’d have enough time or tbt to get it, but seeing others saying they’re posting to get enough to buy it, I thought I’d try to do the same. 🙂 This event is already so fun; such a fun idea and watering each other’s flowers is neat too!

The good thing about being broke (or rather more broke than usual 😅😂) is that I’m going through more threads and reading more comments 🙂. It is nice to read upon various topics and see what everyone says. I really missed chatting more on here and posting so honestly this gives me a good chance to do that. 🙂

It was a great weekend! 😁

- Got to sleep in both days and played a lot of video games. 💤 🎮

- Speaking of which, I've made more progress on my ACNH island finally and can't wait to bring back my Island Journal thread soon. 👀

- One of my favorite site events EVER, the flower collectible breeding event, is back! I'm aiming to grow a full row of Purple Roses. 🌹

- I fed my kitties their special food again and babied them. 🐱

- The Texas Rangers defeated the Atlanta Braves 6-4 and avoided the sweep to stay in the lead for the AL West! Boi do I love me some Kirby Yates. ⚾ 🔥

Today was nice because it was all about me. I don't have days like that very often nor do I ask for them, but with my upcoming consultation my husband wanted me to relax this weekend. We didn't do anything special. We just had a normal day where I slept late and we got caught up on some shows and played FFXIV together, but that's all I wanted. My dog was sweet and being a little attention hog. My family didn't even bother me today. It was really nice and I'm hopeful for more days like this in the near future.

While this is a late post, I’m really glad I had a decent day!
  • Work went fine despite the morning being a bit of a rough start.
  • Feel free to skip this point. Still at work, I was checking the mirrors still parked before reversing the car to be serviced when I saw something yellow in the rearview mirror. Looking back to confirm my eyes weren’t fooling me, it was a Audi RS Q8 Lamborghini Urus! Those who don’t know, these two cars share a lot of the same parts together, including the engine since the two brands are owned by Volkswagen. I’ve already seen this car, but it always brings me happiness seeing recognizable vehicles… Moreso when the Urus is a very recent addition to Gran Turismo 7, which is still very wack that it even got added to the game at all.
  • One of my coworkers picked me up to head somewhere which I’ll mention in the next point. I wanted to listen to some music for a bit and went through some radio stations. By some luck, one of them played a song by Cher which is @/Roxxy’s favourite song artist! I immediately thought of her upon hearing it. 💜
Believe - Cher
  • I went to the buffet with my coworkers! We got really full from the food and had a good time hehehe. 😋
  • Last but not least, since my college semester wrapped up on Friday, I basically get two weeks to relax. I really hope I get around to drawing again and fix my laptop. 😌

I got to see the latest One Piece episode with my parents this morning! We’ve also started watching Haikyu!! recently too, and I’ve really been enjoying it even though I’m not much of a sports person. And we saw SmallishBean’s new Q&A episode in his Hermitcraft series!

I built a vacation home for Lily in Happy Home Paradise, and unlocked using DIYs in vacation homes!! So I spent a ton of time crafting afterwards to unlock as many as possible; my storage is... a little strained rn lol but I’m happy to have the items! and wondering if I should make a second character. do I even have space for an extra house

Also finally went through almost all of my bingo tickets in Fashion Dreamer, so I can comfortably ignore them for a while without having to worry about hitting the cap!

I got an Orange Rose from the hybrid flower breeding event tonight, and @/deana very kindly let me borrow her Black Rose to help me try for a gold one!! ;v;

Posting here again because I’m happy I someone managed to get enough tbt for the golden watering can! 🥳 Took me all day but it was worth it; so happy it is a permanent item :D. Now I can use whatever else I earn on the flowers I want ☺️.

This event is really brightening my mood. For a little bit, when posting about my last birthday, I thought my mood was going to go downhill, but in pursuit of more tbt, I ended up being okay and now am pretty good too. I love seeing all the notifications seeing of people watering my plants and the sparkles, as silly as that sounds and doing the same to everyone else’s flowers too.

Today ended up being a good day in spite of the rough start I had. 🙂 At least mood wise!

a piano version of sufjan's stevens' 'love yourself' is featured in bridgerton!! recognised it pretty much instantly, was surprised to hear it! been added to my playlist for this month. c:

also, pretty glad that i've got leftover dinner for lunch. 😌

also also! not a sailor studios (created buddy simulator 1984) dropped a teaser for their new game a few days ago, beneath the frost!!!!

Last edited:
🐍 I managed to get a Golden Watering Can on Earth Day! I will also have enough bells to get a Tasty Cake on my birthday this Saturday! I'm happy for everyone that is doing this gardening event. Maybe another time for me since I don't have enough flower collectibles to participate.

🐍 Its been raining a lot here lately so its good for the plants that I have! My trees love it! 🌳🌳🌳

My partner and I were meant to have gone on vacation today but it was cancelled fairly last minute. We didn't have the money to book somewhere else for the week, but we didn't want to just stay home either, so we decided on a day trip to another city. And honestly it was the best day I've had in such a long time.

We went to a museum. Now, this wasn't just an "oh, this sounds cool" idea. This was man on a mission. Back in 1997, I fell in love with the coffin of the Qurna Queen (c. 1585-1545 BC) on a school trip. I went back and saw it again another two times in the 90s, then hadn't seen it since - until today. It was such an incredible feeling seeing it again after 25 years of waiting. I read that the coffin underwent some reconstructive work in 2019, but that didn't change anything significant, I recognised her the second I laid eyes on her. She is still as captivating as ever. 🖤

20240422_211841.jpg

I also have photographs of a real mummified body, which has always fascinated me but admittedly back in the 90s scared me a bit. I'll spare photos of that unless anyone wants to see them - in which case DM me.

My partner was most excited to see the animal exhibits. Animals are her special interest, especially memorising scientific facts about them, and she had so much she was able to tell me about everything we saw. She was more informative than the placards. It was fantastic having my own personal tour guide - and bonus points she's cute. She also had an emotional moment when she saw a Gaboon viper: turns out she'd wanted to see one ever since she was a child. It's lovely we were both able to see something we were waiting a really long time to see today. My favourites from the animal exhibit were the jaw of a sperm whale and a cast of a T. rex skeleton.

20240422-120540.jpg

20240422-115855.jpg

In the gift shop I fell in love with a panther plush - until I saw the price tag. I put it back and started looking at other things. Then my girlfriend bought it for me. I love them. 🥹
20240422_210808.jpg

Yes I'm really in my thirties and, no, you can never be too old for plushies.

After, we went to a Mario-themed bar. I was so excited to go after being told about it in February. All the drinks were super creative and Mario-themed. The wait staff explained the inspiration behind the ingredients as they served your drinks. You could really tell the concept was developed by people with a real love for the games. 😍

20240422-155328.jpg

When we got back to our home city, we went out for dinner at one of our favourite restaurants. I ate my weight in spicy chicken and skinny fries. 🤤

Very active and busy day, and despite being bummed our vacation got cancelled I'm so glad we were able to make a plan to do something else rather than sit at home. I had such an amazing time with the most wonderful person. There were so many moments today where I looked at her and realised just how lucky I am to have such a beautiful, kind, and interesting person in my life. 🖤

I'm picking up a work shift at a different location on Thursday and it should be an easy morning. It's also a morning shift, so I figured I'd take it.
My new pair of pants for work came in the mail. I got them washed and sewn. I'm short and blue jeans are never the correct length.
The Los Angeles Kings will play their first game of the playoffs tonight against the Edmonton Oilers. Third time's a charm?

I just woke up a bit ago and not feeling the best but my medicine should kick in eventually 🙂. I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of something outside; hopefully I can tomorrow. A few things that I’m happy about so far!

My Charting the Stars Tarot bundle just arrived today. I’m so relieved and happy!

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

So many talented artists; I love all their different styles and interpretations of the characters. ☺️

I was able to get a couple more flowers I wanted last night from the shop. :D I almost have enough to buy another.

Seeing all the notifications of my posts being watered made me happy ☺️. I know that is kinda silly but it really brings me some cheer seeing how enthusiastic and excited everyone is about the event. It really makes me feel part of the community ☺️. I really hope everyone gets at least one or two hybrids they want 🤞🍀.

I’ll probably have more to post later. but for now that is my highlight of the day 🙂. I hope everyone is having a great day today :D

@Dunquixote yooo that tarot bundle looks awesome!! 👀 I'm glad to hear it got to you safely! Would there... happen to be any Hiyori or Koby cards, by any chance...? Asking for a friend! it's me I'm the friend

I did some grinding in Fashion Dreamer for e-points today and I’m happy to say it’s going well! Also designed my three other possible brand logos that I’m intending to use for different styles from here out—assuming I remember to anyway

I’ve been bringing my phone and namecard with me on walks, and have already gotten some nice photos! c: I plan to keep it up for a few more days, and whichever ones I don’t use for The Natural World, I’ll definitely be sharing in the IRL Animal Crossing thread!

Worked on some personal art a little bit!

And I grew a Blue Hyacinth in the flower breeding event tonight!! ;w; I love the blue flowers, so I’m really happy that I’ll be maintaining a complete set of them.

Today I'm happy because I completed all of my work and everything is prepared for tomorrow. I'm still nervous but not nearly as stressed as I was yesterday. My husband has been so wonderful at calming my anxiety these past few days. I literally crawled up in his lap today for a snuggle and it felt so good. I'm glad that he'll be there with me all day tomorrow.

@Dunquixote yooo that tarot bundle looks awesome!! 👀 I'm glad to hear it got to you safely! Would there... happen to be any Hiyori or Koby cards, by any chance...? Asking for a friend! it's me I'm the friend

I did some grinding in Fashion Dreamer for e-points today and I’m happy to say it’s going well! Also designed my three other possible brand logos that I’m intending to use for different styles from here out—assuming I remember to anyway

I’ve been bringing my phone and namecard with me on walks, and have already gotten some nice photos! c: I plan to keep it up for a few more days, and whichever ones I don’t use for The Natural World, I’ll definitely be sharing in the IRL Animal Crossing thread!

Worked on some personal art a little bit!

And I grew a Blue Hyacinth in the flower breeding event tonight!! ;w; I love the blue flowers, so I’m really happy that I’ll be maintaining a complete set of them.

Thanks so much :D. There is a Hiyori card; :D! No card for Coby though, sadly. Would you like me to dm you a photo of the card? 🙂

Back