What is the sign that you've stayed up too late?

When I hear the birds chirping (or the snowplows going in the winter) I know I've made a mistake.

Generally I'm not up that late though it's more so that I'll wake up around 3 am and then can't fall back asleep for a little bit. If it's staying straight up then usually my head will start to hurt or my tummy will get upset if I'm too sleepy.

Usually I don't realize it until the next day, when I can't think straight at all. A couple weeks ago, I was up until 3am and then the next day I could not even concentrate on simple tasks like sending an email. That's when I really knew I overdid it.

when i've woken up on the sofa whilst watching something and i wonder what happened or when i fall asleep scrolling something on my phone. also whenever i'm super tired i feel like i really need to move around a bit/change how i'm lying in bed, that means it's time for me to hit up sleep

When you call me by my name
and forget the letter A:
You've stayed up too late.

When your eyes begin to close
and you feel cold in the toes:

When you text so much it's spamming
but it really has me laughing:

When your forehead's turning red
but you're smiling tucked in bed:

Go to sleep, we'll talk tomorrow, I'll send you a text.
Just tell me "goodnight" and don't forget the X.​

My body becomes colder, I start yawning more, and then I have a runny nose.

Technically I should probably get in bed by 9 or 10 for work as I have to get up pretty early, but most nights I just let time get away from me and then when I see what time it is I know I'm going to regret it the following day. I need to get better at this and get a consistent sleep schedule.

I usually stay up late when I get carried away drawing, but I notice I should get to bed when I start to feel less joy and more tired and also hungry for whatever reason.

When my dogs are dead quiet. My dogs get the zoomies every evening and are pretty lively. They don't slow down until about 10/11pm.
I'm usually pretty good at going to bed at a decent time, but every now and then time gets away from me and it is midnight or two am without me trying to rest/sleep yet.

Once I realize there’s no point to falling asleep since it’s already 5 am…

Back