• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's the last full musical album you've listened to?

ABBA Greatest Hits or something like that today.

I wanna go see the new concert but it's in London and it's kinda hard to plan right now, I hope it comes here too...

Tsuga by When Mountains Move. He's always my go-to when I need to unwind.

I exclusively listen to albums. I never listen to spotify or playlists. Idk why but I just don’t like to. It’s not as enjoyable imo. Lately I’ve been listening to Seperation by Vagrants and Power Through Terror by Great American Ghost.

All Hands on the Bad One by Sleater-Kinney

I accidentally put part of it on shuffle so it wasn't in order.

easy life's spaceships mixtape!! i just recently found easy life through a guy i'm talking to and i am obsessed

I listened to Star Crossed from Kacey Musgraves. Golden Hour had some good tracks, but I like this album more.

Bit of an oldie, but recently I listened to Morrissey's You are the Quarry album. I'm not necessarily a fan of his, but I enjoyed it I suppose. It wasn't fantastic, but it was nice. Many of the songs boasted of some very powerful lyrics, but many of the tracks felt very similar to one another and rarely seemed to change tempo in a substantial way.

Yutaka Ozaki's Seventeen's Map.

Has some good bops, if you like Japanese 80s like REBECCA or perhaps some Yapoos? The title track is an absolute amazeballs and I like that it's(the album) still rock-ish without turning too emo/goth/postpunk stuff.

It took about a week to get through it all, mostly because I kept getting stuck and listening to my favorites on repeat, but I just finished listening to Noah Kahan's Stick Season (Forever) album for the first time! Here are my thoughts on each song:

Northern Attitude
It's a good song, and I like it, but it's not as good as some of the other songs on the album for me. I do like how he compares his personality to the weather/climate of where he grew up. My favorite line is, "Oh, I was raised on little light." I like the way he sings that line, and the alliteration of little light sounds nice. While I really like some Hozier songs, I think I prefer the original version of this song to the one with Hozier on it.

Stick Season
This was one of the two songs from the album that I'd already heard. I really like this song, and I've listened to it a lot. The chorus gets stuck in my head very easily, and the lyrics are good. I don't know if I'd heard the term stick season before this song. Part of me thinks I had at some point, but I can't remember. I like the way he splits exis-ted. My favorite line is probably "And I'll dream each night of some version you that I might not have, but I did not lose".

All My Love
I knew I was going to like this song from the first note. The way he sings in the chrous is so satisfying. Like the way he emphasizes certain words. "We'd shake the FRAME of your car." "But NOT who you are." "With the PILLS and the dogs." I can listen to just the chorus on repeat. I have autism, and the chorus scratches my brain in the right way. I will admit that I didn't like the other parts of the song quite as much at first, but they've grown on me after a few listens.

She Calls Me Back
It's okay, but not my favorite. I think this type of sound might not appeal to me as much, but the lyrics don't interest me as much as the ones from other songs on the album either. If someone else put it on then I'd bob along to it, but I wouldn't put it on myself. I did like the version with Kacey Musgraves more, but I've liked Kacey's music for awhile, so that's not surprising. I can see myself listening to that version every now and then. (Okay, after going back and listening to the original again, I do think this song may be growing on me in general)

Come Over
I don't know, but the lyrics and the melody don't grab me as much, so I don't think it's a song I'll listen to very much.

New Perspective
I didn't know what to say about this song after my first listen, so I'm writing this after coming back to it after finishing the album. I enjoyed it a lot more after the second listen. The way he sings "town" in "downtown" is great. I found myself singing along to the chorus. "Ooh, this town's for the record now. The intersection got a Target, and they're calling it 'downtown'".

Everywhere, Everything
Same story as the previous song. I had to listen to it again before forming an opinion. I also waited to listen to the version with Gracie Abrams until after my second listen of the original. After listening to both versions, I prefer the version with just Noah, and I did like the song a bit more after the second listen, but it's still not one of my favorites.

Orange Juice
This is the other song I'd heard before listening to the album. I think it was in my recommended or something. To be honest, this song kind of confused me the first time I listened to it. It took me a few listens to get a clear picture of what was happening. Like there are two speakers/perspectives in this song, and at first I wasn't keeping track of who was speaking very well. There's the narrator and then there's the person who's speaking to the narrator. Also, looking at the lyrics helps because the other person's words are in quotation marks.

So, I'll try to break down this song into parts to give my thoughts. To start with we have the narrator, who I'll call A. A is talking to B, telling them to come over. And here we learn that B has gotten sober. A tells B there's orange juice they can have. To me the main point here is that A is just glad that B could come visit, just glad that they're home. It ends with them asking B why they left.

The music switches up, and we hear B give their response. B talks about how they've changed and have been sober for six months.

Now back to A. We learn A and B were in a car accident in 02 that resulted in the deaths of at least two people. B was physically unharmed in the accident, "not one nick on your finger", but it really affected them. They became a different person, full of anger. This part ends with A again mentioning how they missed B and asking why they left.

Back to B. B talks about how they, "this town", and the world have changed. They also bring up how A hasn't changed, and they then say, "Don't you find it strange that you just went ahead and carried on?" To me this is saying that B is confused about how A was able to move on and go on with their life while B was suffering so much from their anger, addiction, and survivor's guilt.

Back to A. "Are we all just crows to you now?" I'm not sure if I fully understand this line, but crows are often associated with death and bad omens, and a group of crows is called a murder. So it could be that A is wondering if B can't help but be reminded of the accident and think of their deceased friends(?) whenever B sees them. That would also make sense with the next line, "Are we all just pulling you down?" And then A tells B, "You didn't put those bones in the ground." So I think A is telling B the accident wasn't their fault, and they shouldn't blame themself. There's no reason for them to feel so much guilt. And then it repeats the part from the beginning.

Also there are a few lines I'm still not sure I fully grasp. "Now I'm third in the lineup, to your lord and your savior." and "The last time I drank I was face down, passed out there in your lawn." The first line was said by A, and my best guess is that B became religious/more religious either after the accident or while they were getting sober. This would connect with B saying their soul has changed. And maybe it bothers A that B drifted away from them while becoming closer to God. As for the second line, my guess is that maybe B is sort of blaming A for kind of enabling their behavior and addiction.

Also if it wasn't obvious by how much I wrote for this song, this is my favorite song on the album. I love a song that tells a story, especially if it's a heartbreaking one. And I love the way the music changes based on who's talking.

Strawberry Wine
This song is so beautiful and so sad. Also, I feel like the sound of the beginning of this song and/or the way he sings that part reminds me of another song, but I can't think of what that song would be.

Growing Sideways
This is another song that just doesn't draw me in like some of the other songs on the album do. I gave it two listens, but maybe it will grow on me more later.

Homesick
I was wrong about only knowing two songs from this album because I had definitely heard the chorus of this song somewhere before. The lyrics of this song are great. I like the humorous lines. "Some guy won Olympic gold eight years ago, a distance runner, and that makes a lot of sense." It's not one of my favorites, but it's good. Love the chorus. I think I might like the version with Sam Fender a bit more than the original.

Still
From the start, I liked the sound of this song. The story of someone trying to figure out what to do with their life after losing someone is really tragic and beautiful. "And I used to watch my mother move, like God was in the room." "If I'm callous but hoping, can I fix what is broken?"

The View Between Villages
A story that starts with him driving to his old home and reflecting on his childhood/teenage years, when things were simpler and he was full of dreams. He continues driving, and he's almost reached his destination, but then he starts recalling memories that are full of more painful emotions, like the death of his dog and the people he knew. He puts the car in reverse and grips the wheel. Yeah, I like this song a lot. The extended version has a more haunting feel to me. "Left at the graveyard, I'm driving past ghosts. Their arms are extended, my eyes start to close. The car's in reverse. I'm grippin' the wheel. I'm back between villages, and everything's still."

Your Needs, My Needs
The first half of the song was okay, but I started to like it a lot more in the second half.

Dial Drunk
Okay, so I must admit that I skipped ahead and listened to the version with Post Malone first. Post Malone is an artist whose music I like when I hear it, but I don't go out of my way way to listen to it very often. His voice and songs are pleasing to the ear though, and so I was too curious to hear him and Noah together to wait to listen to this song. All in all, I love both versions, but I do like the version with Post Malone more. I like when a song with kind of a sadder story has an upbeat quality to it. (Also, Post is going to be featuring on a song on Taylor's new album, and I'm really looking forward to that)

Paul Revere
From the start, I was really curious what this song would be about given the title. It ended up being another song I liked as soon as it started. I really like how the lyrics paint the scene and how the story is told. "And when they ask me who I am, I'll just pretend I didn't hear. It's typical, I fear. Folks just disappear." I prefer the regular version, but the version with Gregory Alan Isakov is good too. I don't think I'd ever heard of him before.

No Complaints
Okay I know I've said this a few times now, but I knew I'd like this song as soon as I heard the darker sound at the beginning. The flow of the lyrics is satisfying and the contents of them equally so. "But I finally got sewed up. I set a time, then I showed up."

Call Your Mom
This song made me cry. I mean, it wasn't the first song on the album to do that. But it made me think of my cousin who we lost a few years ago. Any song about this topic makes me cry. Beautiful song. For the version with Lizzy McAlpine, I love her voice, but I do think I prefer the version with just Noah a bit more.

You're Gonna Go Far
I listened to this one again after finishing the album. I like it, but it's not my favorite. I really like these lines: "We ain't angry at you, love. You're the greatest thing we've lost." and "We ain't angry at you, love. We'll be waiting for you, love." The version with Brandi Carlile is lovely as well. I used to listen to some of her songs.

Forever
I like the lyrics and the vibe of the song, but it's not one of my favorites.

Overall, 10/10. I really enjoyed listening to this album, and now I want to listen to his other albums!

I can’t remember I listen to lots of albums. Lots of rock

The last album I listened to was System Of A Down's self-titled album, since I felt like relistening to one of my favorite albums.

I'm also going through a bunch of other albums I have yet to listen to, so the last 'new' album I listened to was "Untouchables" by Korn from a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back