Worst Movies You've Seen?

Avatar: The Last Airbender for sure. The acting is flat, the script is heavily butchered, and the special effects looked really dated. Even if this weren’t a terrible adaptation of my favorite cartoon I would still hate it.
The decisions they made were really weird to. Like the close up of Iroh when Zhao killed the spirit was odd. Did they intend to zoom into the guy's nostrils? It's like they didn't know when to stop zooming in for the 'intense' scene.

And the ending where Azula shows up. It's like the girl didn't know if she should start or stop smiling so it looked more like she was ready to take an awkward school picture lol.

Read the thread title and immediately thought of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Am glad to see I'm not the only one who has mentioned it here previously. It truly is a travesty. Hoping the live action Netflix will finally do the greatest animated show ever justice.

Hoo boy, too many. But I can list a few and why I suppose. I mean I have watched a lot, those are just a few bad ones that came to mind.

- Sausage Party... yeah I usually don't mind that kind of dirty humor but if you're only gonna animate a bunch of sexy food without a plot and ****ty jokes... no.

- John Wick... I mean sure that dog was but I have a dislike for those boring macho action-effects movie if they are modern, man.

- Most late 80s-present James Bond movies. I like the old ones cause they have a charm and you can laugh at the old special effect stuff but when it's only that and Daniel Craig I don't give a hoot.

- Most romantic comedies, especially from the 90s and onward... I really don't get them cause they are all the same to me with a certain kind of music.

Read the thread title and immediately thought of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Am glad to see I'm not the only one who has mentioned it here previously. It truly is a travesty. Hoping the live action Netflix will finally do the greatest animated show ever justice.
Considering the co-creators left the project, last year, it doesn't seem promising.

Hoo boy, too many. But I can list a few and why I suppose. I mean I have watched a lot, those are just a few bad ones that came to mind.

- Sausage Party... yeah I usually don't mind that kind of dirty humor but if you're only gonna animate a bunch of sexy food without a plot and ****ty jokes... no.
It's crazy and concerning that there is talk about a second film in the works.

Shrek 3 is the only movie I’ve ever turned off before the ending, couldn’t make it through

7EA965D9-57C8-4EFB-87B3-98CB693DEE90.jpeg

the kissing booth comes to mind. i don’t know why i even watched it since i had a feeling it wasn’t going to be good lol. i couldn’t even watch it in its entirety, it was just so uninteresting. it felt like joey king’s character was constantly stripping in front of boys and yelling at them, which... you go, girl, but it just felt silly. also joel courtney’s character was annoying. 💀 not a fan of the whole “character falls for best friend’s sibling, doesn’t tell them, they find out and they fall out over it” trope.

never saw the 2nd or 3rd movie so i’m not sure if it gets better, but i doubt it. joey king and jacob elordi are great actors, the kissing booth is just... kinda cringe lol.

5D5ACD5F-73EE-4F21-9243-389AEBA7D52F.png

Shrek 3 is the only movie I’ve ever turned off before the ending, couldn’t make it through

View attachment 468962
The first Shrek was decent, but it got out of hand with them milking the franchise. It was the movie that started the whole trend of churning out sequel after sequel long after it had ran its course. Ice Age came out a little after, but it's just as much of an offender.

@xara I saw Netflix on the box and that's all I needed to know. I hear so many of their original movies flopped. It's like they throw sticky ideas on the wall until one of them actually...sticks.

My brain kinda does this thing where it blocks out really bad movies after I've seen them, presumably because of how annoyed I get that I wasted ~2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. That said, the new Jurassic World movie is an exception, probably because of how much I love the original, and WOW that was rough. Just... big ol' no.

They really should have stopped after the OG movie.

Edit: The new Firestarter was also godawful. Shame because I was obsessed with the book and loved the main character as a kid.
I know this is an old post thing but I haven't had a reason to share this yet. So me and my family went to go see the new Jurassic World in theaters. We were all hating it but I mean, we kept watching it. Then there was a blackout, at the theater, it was so weird. We got a refund but none of us know how it ends and we don't want to rewatch it because it was so bad. Also there was like maybe 30 minutes left of it.

Obvious low budget turds aside...

I think it's a toss up between Jurassic World Dominion and Men In Black International. There's probably others that aren't springing to mind but those are two of the few movies I've seen in cinemas in the past couple of years and they're both...*sigh*...They're just both god awful.

I can talk about them pretty much at the same time as they both have a lot of the same issues...Likely because they follow the same crappy template.
- Terrible writing filled with inconsistencies, plot holes throughout and based entirely on contrived coincidence.
- Terrible pacing, racing through stuff that might have actually been interesting whilst plodding along through endless exposition.
- Incredibly poor casting. ESPECIALLY Men in Black International. Chris Hemsworth and "woman" are both pretty awful and especially since this tanked the MIB franchise, I'm so glad it at least in return killed their crappy little "duo" Hollywood was trying to push. Jurassic World was just a mix of "the old actors literally don't need to be here other than for this blatant character assassination" and "Chris Pratt? He's so cool".
- Predictable and unengaging. At no point in these movies was I left surprised or in suspense at what might happen next. Literally, the only thing I was surprised about with either movie is that Jurassic World Dominion isn't actually about dinosaurs, you can almost entirely remove dinosaurs from the plot as they nigh entirely exist just to appear and be a hurdle to the cast (who usually aren't doing much themselves). The movie is actually about super locusts and a corp trying to make money by sabotaging farmland of people who won't buy their grain...I couldn't make this up if I tried.
- Nonsensically moving from one big flashy bit to the next. It's just action stuff happening with "script" desperately trying to link it together. 2 hours of flashy flashy.
- An over reliance on what came before them and nostalgia. The entire marketing for both was nostalgia bait and the movies keep calling back to the older movies and characters. They're really banking on the old movies existing helping out these new turds.
- Strangely a total disregard for those same movies and their legacy which they rely so heavily upon.

Shoutout to Ghostbusters reboot. A totally mediocre movie moreso hindered by disastrous PR, a horrible cast of people that aren't funny and an over reliance on those unfunny people adlibbing a script together rather than actually writing something. Plus, I can't stand Melissa McArthy. Ghostbusters is an honourable mention solely because my hatred for that women starts me with a bias. Honestly, the movie is nowhere near as bad as anybody would lead you to believe, it was just Ghostbusters 1 againbut worse. That said, it was still hard to sit through and I'll never watch that turd again.

And can comedy movies stop casting Chris Hemsworth in comedic roles? To be a comedic actor you need to be, oh, I dunno, "funny", which he is absolutely not...Come to think of it, everything other than Thor has been pretty poor...Including half of the Thor movies. His career is so dead once the MCU inevitably replaces him.

Worst movies I’ve seen:

Sausage Party

The Green Inferno

The Matrix Resurrections

Sharknado

There’s more movies I’ve watched that are terrible but those are the ones I can think of at the top of my head rn..

Back