• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

did you come up with lore for your villagers?

i would call it lore!!
well in that case allow me to infodump 👀

my island rep is besties with bluebear and stitches, the latter of which is a bit obsessive??
IMG_9395.jpeg

IMG_9396.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg
IMG_9394.jpeg

raymond and marshal are also friends but raymond gets on marshal’s nerves a lot, mostly on purpose. i picture marshal as 50/50 normal smug since that used to be his personality type. marshal likes poppy but is slightlyyy shorter than her which bothers him. raymond also likes lolly, lolly has a bookstore which she keeps open all year round no matter what. raymond likes to draw in his free time, especially fashion related things.

judy and teddy have some ??????? relationship where he thinks they are homies but she just wants him to leave her alone but sadly he can’t take a hint. same goes for judy and bluebear.

idk if this counts but i also think redd busts into town hall every now and then just to mess with tom nook

Tbh, not really! I do imagine relationships between the villagers though- only to the extent of what they talk about on the island.. like if they get into fights or something

the extent of what they talk about on the island.. like if they get into fights or something
that's how it started for me and then i noticed who interacted with each other the most and then my delulu brain went wild with it 😌

the fights, the drama, always a good source of entertainment ehehehe >:3

I kind of do! I wrote my island journal like a story. On one of my entries, I assigned roles to villagers I found. It’s long overdue for an update though. But here are the pages, to give you an idea what I was doing with my journal:

IMG_7321.jpeg

IMG_7322.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

IMG_7324.jpeg

Dragon Age was the main inspiration for my island, so I gave some of my villagers roles that went with the theme 🙂.

I have all kinds of lore for my villagers. It's been a while since I've played but I can still remember all of it. Some if it is kinda weird though.

• Flora, who was one of my first villagers, lost her entire family to some kind of tragic accident and slightly lost her mind. That's why her house is full of plastic flamingos and that's why she always talks about wanting to be famous.
  • Rocco is a gay retired construction worker. He dated Beardo for a bit but their personalities didn't work out and they broke up.
  • Beardo moved away not long after but they've stayed friends.
  • Lucky was rescued from a random island and may or may not be dead or just severely wounded from however he crashed there.
  • Judy is an ex-con and criminal who came to the island to get away from her old life. That said she still likes to mess with everyone there and is my mortal enemy, as well as my best friend.
  • Tia owns a cafe. She's very normal.
  • Axel is a weirdo jock who thinks that Tia is stronger than him because she's also an elephant. He also defo has a crush on her because all he does is hover around her house flexing.
  • Bob is an agent of The Council. I will not be explaining The Council as they will become upset.
  • Kidd is the town gossip. He's pretty normal.
  • So is Megan actually. Incredibly normal individual.
  • And Shari as well. Just the big sister of the town who tries her best to make sure everyone doesn't kill one another by being weirdos and freaking one another out.
I love my villagers and the dumb little stories I made up for them. Some depressing, some realistic, and some super silly. I also have headcanons for just about everyone's romantic orientations because as a queer person I like to project onto funney animal game.

Back