do you style your character like yourself irl?

Yes, I always try to match my rep to myself both in appearance and clothing...except I'm a dork so when I had time travelling planned I'd put on futuristic clothes...👨‍🚀

Kind of but not really. Yes I dress him in clothes I would wear but also clothes I wouldn't wear..? Like a lot of feminine clothing that wouldn't suite me in real life. It's fun. A little dress up doll.

Yes and no. My rep has the same skin tone, hair colour and eye colour that I have irl, and I only dress her in clothes that I would personally wear irl, but she doesn’t 100% look like me. I rarely braid my hair, I don’t have a heart on my cheek (though sometimes I draw one on when I do my makeup..) and I don’t wear a burning Elmo shirt/dress. Though, I honestly would if I had one LOL

Basically, my rep is much cooler and more fashionable than I
IMG_2750.png

Exactly as @Xara said, my rep is way more cool and stylish than me. I want to be her 😍

I would love her wardrobe and I wish I had the confidence to rock purple hair. Irl the only similarities are hair in a ponytail and blue eyes.

yeah - my island rep has got the same eye colour and skin tone as me. my hair colour irl is darker than the blonde option but lighter than the darkest brown

also similar haircut (not one hundo the same as my mullet but it's close enough). i only really choose clothes that i'd wear irl for my rep to wear. cleared out my wardrobe irl and thus in-game the other day since i had some stuff that's similar to what i've sifted through and no longer hit up

nah not really.. i like to change my character to cosplay characters instead, sometimes I'll log in just to change my ac character to a cosplay lol

Somewhat—I just about always have my character in glasses, like I wear in real life. Past that…I’d say it varies. I’ll do colorful hair or outfits I typically wouldn’t wear. Sometimes I do go with a tried and true comfy, basic outfit, like I would go for in real life.

my island rep has the same skin tone and eye colour as me but i like switching the hair between pink and brown… unfortunately i don’t have bright pink hair irl 😭😭
in terms of style, she wears what i would typically wear but her fashion sense is more elevated haha i have more money in game to afford a better style in game 😌

i use the same hairstyle and eye design + glasses, other than that though i dress my character in skirts and dresses which i would never do irl.

Not at all, my character is a bit eccentric wearing just anything she find and a bit child like too. The face is the defaut face I got in New Leaf not knowing what I was doing, and I chose the same face for New Horizon. Big surprised blue eyes, often blue hair as well. Nothing like me. In New Leaf I had also an uncle character with Mario nose and mustache, wearing tropical shirts, socks with sandals. I've never styled a character like me, and Animal Crossing characters are my first female characters.

No, the only real similar thing is I always wear glasses like irl, and i have red hair like irl.

Originally i wanted to do that but i usually wear black and theres not really black on my island and i wanted my character to match the island’s vibe. So no, she doesnt really look like me.

I do try and make my Rep resemble me. The hair colours and styles don't exactly match me but I do have green eyes and pale skin.

As others have mentioned fashion wise my Rep is defintely a lot more adventerous and fun than how I dress in real life.

Yes, aside from hair ( because there is no rainbow option : P ) but I treat my character just as me in the Animal Crossing universe

I guess I’m in the minority on this thread in that my character is basically an exact copy of me. Same clothing style, same hair color, same skin tone, and the same glasses. When I play these games I want to feel like a part of the world and that’s how I do it.

Back