• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Explain your lineup thread

Screenshot 2024-04-01 184333.png

Guess I'll bring out my pastel train cars. Might be the only time I get to use them.

Trying to actually design a 6x2 lineup, I think this works! Top row are balloons from the NL event, bottom row are collectibles I've won over the years. Oddly symmetrical in its own way! I also included an alternate version using the Chinese Dragon, since I have enough body pieces to make it long enough, lol.

Cq10ujv.png
UEhaqKP.png

There's no pattern, and no symmetry, but the colours make me happy and I wanted to match my newly gifted Spring Sakura (ty 💗🌸) with my old one!

1712052651091.png

Thought it would look cute with the Red Turnip instead of the sheep plushie, but all this time travel has rotted my turnips. 😔
1712052790662.png

April Fools Lineup.png

I decided I'd create a lineup out of the 6x2 before it's gone for who knows how long. I say what I came up with wasn't so bad at all, I'm a big fan of the Glitch Egg and the Tetris Grid being next to the two stale cakes myself.​

My 5x5 Easter Egg lineup, with all its careful organizational planning, has fallen into chaos with the 6x6 lines. The bottom row is salvageable, but the top row can no longer properly align with the ones below them.

Then:
299RNjj.png

Now:
J9kL6Gk.png

I've fallen to the Dark Side and am now going to commence Order E66 with the slaughter of the younglings. I threw the Will-o'-the-Wisp Halloweaster Egg in because it seems like the glass would be fun to shatter.

Me (Anakin) and Jeremy (Obi-Wan):
The dramatic conclusion of this saga has arrived.

Just as Darth Vader was redeemed as Anakin as he was dying by his son Luke's love after twenty years of torment, I too have been redeemed.

Thanks to weird technical shenanigans from the end of the April Fool's event, for a brief moment, the 6x2 lineups showed as 5x2 but with two extras at the bottom.

YteWszt.png

The lineup was restored by Luke's love for his father (represented by the Sweetheart Egg). All the other eggs returned to their proper color alignment.

Unfortunately, I died after a skirmish where I threw my evil master down a reactor shaft.

Now the Ewoks (Cocotryoshkas) are burning my corpse in a funeral pyre on the moon of Endor.

xphmPNY.png

Yub Nub.

This lineup exemplifies my love for this site with the bottom row of patches. The two Perfect Pears are fitting for me since my New Leaf town has pears as its native fruit. Then I have the NL token once again, which I'm super happy about. And now I have two of my favorite collectible again, the Spring Sakuras! I'm not sure if I'll ever change it again from this, it's perfect for me. 🥹

PlxiklE.png

EC5160D9-9112-4EA0-AD14-3F53C19F5205.jpeg

I enjoyed this event so much it actually got me to change my lineup! Honestly unexpected for me to do. I’ll be going back to my usual spacey lineup soon, but I don’t have that much other than my space collectables, and I wanted to fit my doll in so I was more concerned with color coordination than anything ^_^’ I also kind of like the idea of Vesta crafting the patch and maube the plushes there, and Mint could have done the holiday stuff or something.

The April Fools Day event is over which means the lineups returned to the 5x2 layout, but I'm so glad I managed to get a capture of this lineup before things turned back to normal. The first row is filled with colours of the pan flag containing heart balloons and crescent moons, making it a perfect fit. 🩷💛💙

Then my second row is filled with badges from the major TBT events which are 2023 Camp TBT (Space Camp), 2022 TBT Fair, 2021 Camp TBT, and 2021 TBTWC. Why these badges? it's because I enjoyed them greatly and made fun memories. ☺️The ocean pearl indicates my team victory with the Poliwags and the blue pansy being one of the first ever collectibles I got on this forum!
Collectible lineup.png

I still remember from 2021 Camp TBT that these words still haunt me..."The irregular bearer appears regularly if you know where to look".

It's spring but reminds me of fall at the same time. They are light brown blank caps and 3 zen eggs on top and 3 plum blossoms on bottom.
It reminds me of calm times and balance. Little is more. And some artistic styles I've seen here and there growing up in media I liked.

I’m still playing around with my collectibles but with my recent purchase of a kitty collectible, this is what I came up with 🙂. Originally I was trying to keep the two star collectibles together but I think this worked out pretty good. Not sure about the Jellyfish or cobweb egg but I don’t think any of the collectibles that are around the same date would go with the colors even more. 🤔

Back