• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Favourite shows on Disney Channel/Nickelodeon?

Corrie

Team 4
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
Which shows did you/do you like? Any of them still hold up today when you rewatch? Is there anything new worth checking out?

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody is legit my comfort show. It's cheesy, has the Disney Channel cringe, but the characters are so charming and I love them so much. It's a huge cast and everyone is awesome. I like The Suite Life on Deck as well but honestly, only the first season. As soon as Bailey and Cody begin dating, the show becomes all about that and that alone and it was just lame petty melodrama to me. I watch random episodes still and they hold up well (for a Disney Channel show).

I also loved iCarly (but only the first season), Drake and Josh, and The Amanda Show. It's sad to hear about all the issues coming forward because those shows really meant a lot to me. Not that this thread is really for that whole topic but it makes it awkward to rewatch them knowing.

I also liked Life with Derek and Ned's Declassified Survival Guide when I was younger. No idea how they hold up now.

For cartoons, I definitely liked Gravity Falls, Lilo & Stitch, and Ducktales 2017.

One show that I saw a few episodes of was Wizards of Waverly Place. I didn't actually sit down and watch it so I might give it a try. I feel like I might appreciate it more now.

None now since they’re both on the boycott list for me & I don’t watch TV anymore, but when I was a kid, I liked Rugrats and maybe Doug I’ve tried other series like ren and stimpy, angry beavers, catdog but didn’t really care much for them. I think I watched more cartoon network than Nickelodeon or Disney. I don’t think I liked much on the Disney channel.

I only ever watched The Owl House on Disney. I'm not much a fan of cartoons otherwise aside from Total Drama, which is neither Nickelodeon or Disney Channel.

I loved Good Luck Charlie and Dog with a Blog. I know the latter is much more unpopular, but idc I found it hilarious, especially the parents. I will probably be like Ellen as a mom, making lame jokes every two seconds XD

I also watched Jessie and Liv and Maddie. Jessie was pretty trash and problematic in several ways but Bertram was very funny XD Liv and Maddie also made me cringe a lot but in a way that I couldn’t look away from. I also really liked the weatherman for some reason?

Favorite Disney Channel shows:

♥ Gravity Falls
♡ Good Luck Charlie, I especially loved watching this one when I was a tween.
♥ Lilo and Stitch: The Series
♡ Big City Greens
♥ The Ghost and Molly McGee
♡ Phineas and Ferb

There were also some shows on Playhouse Disney I've seen in my childhood before they changed the channel's name to what is known today as, "Disney Junior". Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, Jojo's Circus, Higglytown Heroes, Johnny and the Sprites, and Imagination Movers.

Favorite Nickelodeon shows:

♥ SpongeBob SquarePants
♡ The Fairly OddParents!
♥ The Loud House
♡ Hey Arnold!
♥ Rocko's Modern Life
♡ Doug
♥ The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
♡ My Life as a Teenage Robot
♥ iCarly
♡ Drake and Josh
♥ Victorious

I also liked some shows on Nick Jr. as a young child, back when it was called, "Noggin". There was Dora the Explorer, Oswald, Wonder Pets, The Backyardigans, Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, Oobi, Yo Gabba Gabba!, the original Blue's Clues...and especially my most favorite being this one, called, "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!".

It feels awkward when I mention these last three Nickelodeon shows, as they aged poorly, and I would feel uncomfortable ever rewatching them again anytime soon.

Neither. I always preferred Cartoon Network, back when it was good.

Disney:
—Suite Life of Zack and Cody
—That’s So Raven
—Timon and Pumbaa
—Lilo and Stitch
—Phil of the Future
—Hannah Montana
—W. I. T. C. H. (that cartoon of five girls with special powers…I think it was on Disney but not sure)

Nickelodeon:
—Hey Arnold!
—Rugrats
—The Amanda Show
—iCarly
—Drake and Josh
—SpongeBob Squarepants
—Fairly OddParents
—Oswald
—Jimmy Neutron

I mainly watched the classic late 90s and early 2000s on Nickelodeon. I like all those shows mentioned above. Nothing beats Avatar: The Last Airbender though.

My favourite Disney Channel shows growing up were The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, That’s so Raven and Hannah Montana. I liked Good Luck Charlie, Shake It Up, Cory in the House, Life with Derek, Sonny with a Chance and The Suite Life on Deck as well.

I’ve actually rewatched all of them except for Life with Derek and Cory in the House in the past couple years. I started with That’s so Raven when I had food poisoning back in 2022; I wanted to put something on that I didn’t have to pay much attention to and that would take my mind off of how sick I felt and wouldn’t potentially make me feel worse. It was a big comfort to me, and I found that it still held up all these years later and was still enjoyable to me. I also greatly appreciate Disney’s 20-30 minute-long episodes since I don’t really have the attention span for hour-long episodes these days haha. I watched the entire show within a few weeks, and even though I was feeling better by then, I continued rewatching my other old favourites.

I might be a little biased because of my nostalgia, but I thought they were all still enjoyable. If anything, a few of them might be more enjoyable now than when I was a kid. It’s been fun watching them through a whole new lens, and picking up on some of the jokes that I missed when I was younger. It’s also been nice analyzing some of the characters instead of just watching for entertainment, and comparing my opinions from when I was a kid to now. The only show I rewatched that wasn’t entirely enjoyable was Recess. It’s still a good show, and I was pleasantly surprised to notice that Ashley Johnson (the voice of Ellie in The Last of Us games) also voiced Gretchen, but I didn’t enjoy watching it as much as I did when I was a kid. I couldn’t even rewatch the whole show.

I wasn’t as interested in Nickelodeon as I was in Disney, but I enjoyed iCarly, Zoey 101, Victorious and Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide. I also liked some of the animated shows like The Backyardigans, Blue’s Clues, Little Bear, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Max & Ruby etc, though I watched them on Treehouse TV instead of Nickelodeon. Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon are scum though, so as much as I loved these shows growing up, I won’t ever rewatch them. I don’t want to support them, and I just can’t watch these shows (especially the live-person shows) knowing what was going on behind the scenes. I feel scuzzy that I rewatched The Suite Life of Zack and Cody knowing now that Brian Peck worked on it and voiced London’s mirror.

I was a weird child and preferred the shows that aired on Nick at Nite. George Lopez, Malcom and the Middle, and Everybody Hates Chris.

The daytime programming was okay too. I liked Spongebob, Drake and Josh, and I Carly. (that last one a little bit less). I think my perception of the shows would now be different with all that has been revealed. I'm not entirely interested in seeing them again. I also feel like the humor might be a product of those specific eras.

Back