Bells
Arcade Tokens
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
October Birthstone (Opal)
Happy Home Designer Token
I've been wondering this for some time now. Is there a rarity to the native fruit tree you get? I was looking in the shop here and saw that apples are the rarest collectables. Does this have anything to do with the games or is it just for the shop?

I think that there's an equal chance at getting any of the fruit in the game. The collectible rarity is completely unrelated ^^.

There is a 1/5 (20%) chance to get any fruit :blush: Apples are the highest priced because it is the most popular one :)

Last edited:
Funny how there's an even chance, I've had three different NL towns and they've all had oranges ._. My brother also has oranges.

Last edited:
Funny how there's an even chance, I've had three different NL towns and they've all had oranges ._. My brother also has oranges.

Wouldn't you want a different fruit other than oranges? Or was the map too perfect to reset? :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is a 1/5 (20%) chance to get any fruit :blush: Apples are the highest priced because it is the most popular one :)

Well good thing I have apples as my native fruit :3

When I was resetting for a new town, it was just utterly random which fruits would be native, so I don't believe there is a specific rarity.

Even though I know it's even, I've had about 6 animal crossing worlds and about 4-5 of them have had pears as the native fruit.

At least my native fruits are cherries. In perfect form, they're red-orange-yellow! My favorite color scheme.

(Woah what are you guys doing here on this 2 year old thread?)

But anyway, that's pretty odd that you guys have the same native fruit throughout all the games.

On the Gamecube AC I had peaches and thought they were the only option, I was so shocked when I saw other fruits! Since that town, including when I played the Gamecube version on an emulator on my laptop quite recently, I've only ever had oranges. Not that I mind! I love oranges. The only fruit I wouldn't want as my native would be pears.

The real question here is why the pear is so underappreciated. Pears are better than apples, alright. Although, I would prefer my native fruit to be oranges.

i love cherries but i love my peaches a lot.
my roommates name was peaches and she got peaches, but reset and had apples. i giggled

I never even thought about fruit preference until I joined this forum. My town of Ravena is surrounded by perfect pear trees and I think they look really nice. I remember being surprised that there were pears in the game lol. But to answer the question, I have mostly always gotten oranges in my towns, which is interesting considering I actually live in an orange-producing area irl.

First town was pear, briefly had orange then reset and got peach, third town, apple... Do you think I could get cherry if I do another? Odds seem favorable.

I know it's random, but in my sixteen towns, only two of them are cherries. Most spawned apples or peaches. But again, I think that's just relevant to the maps I chose. If I had chosen the first map, I might have spawned more cherry towns.

Back