New foods/drinks you tried today/recently!

After learning of the nutritional value of sardines recently, I decided to pick up a couple cans last week and tried them. I got them in water as opposed to oil or any other sauces so that it would be healthier, though from what I've come across in my research apparently they taste a lot better in olive oil. Anyway, I put them on some toast and I thought they were all right. I like fish anyway, so not too surprising. I intend to eat them more often for the health benefits moving forward.

Recently I went to Aldi for the first time and picked up a couple of their unique sparkling water flavors. One of them was a Pumpkin Pie flavor. Lol. I couldn't resist. It's...um... well... it tastes like pumpkin spice. Not sure I really care for spicy sparkling water, but it is interesting.

The other one of them is a Fruit Punch and Ginger combo flavor. Now there has only been one Fruit Punch sparkling water ever on the market since I started drinking it years ago, and it was really good, and I was so sad when the company that made it went out of business. Needless to say I was ecstatic to see Aldi has their own Fruit Punch flavor! But it the Ginger is a weird combination. I wouldn't say it's bad by any means, it's a decent drink, but it's not what I hoped for from a Fruit Punch flavor. It kinda tastes popsicle-ish. That is interesting.

Today I tried a bit of pumpkin spice cake from Mod Pizza. It was good! I’m getting more into pumpkin-flavored things lately.

I tried persimmon for the first time yesterday. I've been having serious sugar-cravings lately (despite no sweet tooth!) so bought a ton of fruit on a whim and this was something that just got chucked in the shopping basket. I really liked it.

I tried cheese fondue on my anniversary night for the first time. It was certainly an experience.

image.jpg

I tried this new Fanta flavour because I was lured in by the spooky packaging but it is not very tasty at all (even compared to other zero sugar sodas) and the amount of food colouring in it actually scares me so I give this a 0/10 do not recommend

I also tried nattō (fermented soybeans) recently and it was actually better than I expected. I sampled some just out of the container and the texture on it's own is pretty gross but I think with rice it would be fine.

Today my boyfriend’s family invited me out and got me lunch with them at Olive Garden, and I tried angel hair pasta with garlic sauce, tomatoes and shrimp. Not only was it super good but also much healthier and yummier than what I got the last couple times.

Dill pickle ranch potato chips recently and they were great but they stink.

Also had cold smoked dill salmon recently and it was great and didn't smell beyond salmon expectation. The dill on it was the new part for me.

I tried Dr pepper strawberries and cream and it is good if you like strawberry flavor. My spouse got it for his liquor but I snagged a can to try.

We got groceries earlier this week if you can't tell.

Yesterday I tried mustard for the first time. I put it on a vegetarian croquette, as is normal in my country, and did not hate it.

tried a peanut butter and chocolate kitkat chunky the other day. peanut butter was pretty salty, was alright thoughh

I made/tried this split pea and lentil soup. It's ok. I know it's good for you. I think it would have been better with beef broth or vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

Caplico Lychee flavor - exactly what I expected, and I expected amazing!

Hi Chew Fantasy Mix (Rainbow Sherbet, Blue Hawaii, and Blue Raspberry flavors): also amazing as I expected.

Tomorrow I will try Scorn cheese puffs! (yes, the brand is really called that!)

Hi Chew Fantasy Mix (Rainbow Sherbet, Blue Hawaii, and Blue Raspberry flavors): also amazing as I expected.
I love Hi Chews so much, I hardly ever have them but they're among my favourite candies. I should try that mix sometime, it sounds amazing.

I recently tried white hot chocolate, and I don't think I can go back to regular hot chocolate after that, it was SO GOOD.

I actually ended up eating the quattro cherse scorn last night ‘cause I was super hungry and couldn’t resist but they were sooo good! They’re like thin cheetos but wayyyy better tasting and since they’re corn puffs you can taste the sweet corn to them.

Yesterday I also picked out these little gum packets that not only I loved the packaging but they sounded good, and so far they are, but the fruits ones with the lion are reallly small so I ended up chewing the whole box at once lol. The brand is coris btw!

*Edit: the whistle candies in my pack were grape, not banana.
8C56C631-8ED6-4C13-A4C3-730B26D10544.jpeg

Last edited:
Gingerbread Toast Crunch! I love picking up a box of their holiday offerings (Sugar Cookie and Apple Pie) as a treat, but hadn’t tried the gingerbread. It’s good—a little spicier than reg Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but enjoyable!

Foco Mangosteen Drink- amazing! I’ve never tasted mangosteen before. It was very good and sweet and tasted like candy!

Simply Asian Singapore Street Noodles - super yummy!!

Dr. Pepper Strawberries and Cream: one of the BEST DRINKS IN EXISTENCE

McDonald’s Holiday Pie: YUMMMMYYYY

The other day I tries the new milk tea boba at Jack in the Box. Yeah….I’ll stick to actual boba shops from now on. The tapioca pearls had a weird aftertaste. I’m not sure if it’s because of the local water or something else.

Back