• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

I just checked Nookipedia, and it says that I can get Hello Kitty, Pompompurin, & Cinnamoroll items from Nook Shopping? All I've seen is the Mario items. Is this something I'd have to pay to get access to?

I just checked Nookipedia, and it says that I can get Hello Kitty, Pompompurin, & Cinnamoroll items from Nook Shopping? All I've seen is the Mario items. Is this something I'd have to pay to get access to?
I'm sorry to say but you need to get the Sanrio Amiibo Cards aka pay them in order have the option to buy items you mentioned in Nook Shopping. You could techinally get them from a friend but it would not be cataloged.

I'm sorry to say but you need to get the Sanrio Amiibo Cards aka pay them in order have the option to buy items you mentioned in Nook Shopping. You could techinally get them from a friend but it would not be cataloged.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm using the Ultimate Catalogue website, and I think I'm just going to check them off while adding them to a list in case I ever actually buy them. Yeah, it's cheating, but buying this stuff wouldn't add to my enjoyment of the game.

Can someone please recommend a guide for making the perfect snowboy? I found guides that recommended two different sizes for the top snowball, and I've already failed twice now. I really want to get the Achievements for making perfect snowboys so that I never have to bother with it again. Thanks in advance.

Help please? Can I use an amiibo just on Harvs island for a photo? Tysm if anyone can help me 💜

Help please? Can I use an amiibo just on Harvs island for a photo? Tysm if anyone can help me 💜
I think when you scan an amiibo on Harv's Island, it's their poster you can obtain from Nook Shopping. I think the only way to get their photo is to invite them onto your island and gift them items!

I think when you scan an amiibo on Harv's Island, it's their poster you can obtain from Nook Shopping. I think the only way to get their photo is to invite them onto your island and gift them items!
Thank you 💜 it’s not their photo I wanted, I was just hoping to use Etoile in my competition entry as I have the amiibo 💞

Thank you 💜 it’s not their photo I wanted, I was just hoping to use Etoile in my competition entry as I have the amiibo 💞
Sorry, I misunderstood! Yes, you can scan any amiibo for a photo on Harv's Island when in decorating mode. The maximum number of villagers is 10. Hope that helps!

Ok, can I please ask how? I need an idiot’s guide 🙈💜
No problem! When in decorating mode, it should say something like 'When the 'amiibo' letter 'a' appears you can scan a card. Then, at the bottom left of the screen there should be the amiibo sign, hold the card over the left joypad (the thing that rotates, sorry I can't remember it's correct name!) and then the villager should appear in your scene. If you need anymore help feel free to DM me and I'll boot up my Switch. 🙂

No problem! When in decorating mode, it should say something like 'When the 'amiibo' letter 'a' appears you can scan a card. Then, at the bottom left of the screen there should be the amiibo sign, hold the card over the left joypad (the thing that rotates, sorry I can't remember it's correct name!) and then the villager should appear in your scene. If you need anymore help feel free to DM me and I'll boot up my Switch. 🙂
Thank you, both for answering and not making me feel stupid. I will try soon 🫶💜

Just a tiny correction - It's over the right joystick where you hold the amiibo to on JoyCons. It's over the logo on the Pro Controller.

Also, you can invite existing villager residents on the furniture menu if you scroll all the way to the right. You won't need their amiibos; just those who aren't already on your island.

I've read in the forums people mention switching between residents quickly. Does this mean switching the player without closing the game and restarting it from a different profile? How do you do this?

I've read in the forums people mention switching between residents quickly. Does this mean switching the player without closing the game and restarting it from a different profile? How do you do this?
If you have a second player character on your island, an app will be on your NookPhone where you can “call” that character to play on the same island as you. This requires two controllers. If one player is designated the leader, they can put down furniture, put stuff in/get stuff out of storage, have the camera follow them (and have the other player(s) respawn near them if too far) and have main priority in other things. It’s a little hard to explain from memory, but the leader can be switched to the other player(s) at any time. If I’m not mistaken, this MAY be a way to quickly change residents and have the original one you started the app with leave, but I can’t be sure myself as characters are tied to Switch profiles and I’ve only done co-op myself once to transfer items from villager to villager quickly.

A few island features are disabled when playing on co-op, though with somewhat less restrictions compared to playing online.

I have a question. I have a thing with numbers, like I only want to get a Nook Mileage achievements on even days. I make exceptions for some achievements and I was wondering about the Countdown Celebration achievement. Do you get it on December 31st or after you celebrated New Year’s Eve on January 1st?

I have a question. I have a thing with numbers, like I only want to get a Nook Mileage achievements on even days. I make exceptions for some achievements and I was wondering about the Countdown Celebration achievement. Do you get it on December 31st or after you celebrated New Year’s Eve on January 1st?
When I got that, I participated in the countdown and got the miles. This was back in 2020/2021, where I didn't want to leave the house, nor watch the (excuse of a) ball drop celebration on TV, and had nothing better to do. I'm not entirely sure that playing on the 31st of December and January 1st while not participating in the countdown will have you get that achievement. Your best bet is to let the game do the countdown at midnight and then you'll get it.

It looks like some items aren't showing up in my game catalogue even though I definitely have them. I think I've bought 2 timers now, but Timer still isn't showing up under Tools. I've made both the vine ladder set up kit and the wooden ladder set up kit, and neither of those are showing up either. Finally, I got multiple birthday cupcakes from the pinata on my birthday, but Birthday Cupcake is missing too. Does anyone know of a way to make them show up or at least know why they aren't, please?

It looks like some items aren't showing up in my game catalogue even though I definitely have them. I think I've bought 2 timers now, but Timer still isn't showing up under Tools. I've made both the vine ladder set up kit and the wooden ladder set up kit, and neither of those are showing up either. Finally, I got multiple birthday cupcakes from the pinata on my birthday, but Birthday Cupcake is missing too. Does anyone know of a way to make them show up or at least know why they aren't, please?
There are some items (like the ones you listed) that will not show up in the catalog under any circumstances due to the nature of what they are. Most of these items can only be obtained through Nook's, crafting, or special events. This also applies to villager photos (not posters; those will show up in their own section as villagers are invited to Photopia) because the game does not expect you to become best friends with every single villager you can talk to.

Back