• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Is Feng Shui a thing? if so, does anyone know how you tell what your luck is in this game and what it effects?

It’s probably way to early to ask this and I don’t have the game. One off the things that kept me playing new leaf was if you became good friends with an animal they gave you their framed picture. I was obsessed with collecting these, does anyone know if new horizons has this feature?

When can I build another bridge? The option is not available to craft after I had to craft the first. Unless I’m blind...

Also, how do I make more fencing? I used up what Nook gave me and wanted to make more. I don’t see it..unless I need to buy it somewhere?

Anyone know when we can move out villagers yet? Anything we can do to trigger them to want to end there stay?

Is 183 bells for Turnips as a selling price really good?

That's what they're selling for in my town right now.

Are these too close together? I'm trying to make rows of different fruit trees and some are saplings while others are fully moved trees. Will these still grow?

If they don't can I move fully grown fruit trees there and will the fruit come back?

Thanks!

IMG_20200325_130906.jpg

They might be too close with the fully grown trees. New Leaf had a similar mechanic for how trees and shrubs would grow.

Yes, you can plant them somewhere else and then pop them back into place fully grown later! They will produce fruit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

do i need to water bloomed flowers in order to make hybrids?

yes, they need to sparkle! either by rain or with you watering them

Hi! I dont know if anyone knows yet but, once you complete all the requests for nook milles, how are you supposed to continue earning them??? Just with the nook miles +?? Because that seems a little pain in the neck...

When can I build another bridge? The option is not available to craft after I had to craft the first. Unless I’m blind...

Also, how do I make more fencing? I used up what Nook gave me and wanted to make more. I don’t see it..unless I need to buy it somewhere?

Anyone know when we can move out villagers yet? Anything we can do to trigger them to want to end there stay?

you can make another bridge once you upgrade the resident service tent into a building, and you can get fencing diy recipes by redeeming nooks miles.

and i'm not there quite yet, but i'm pretty sure you can start moving out villagers once you have 9/10 villagers.

Can I use the touch screen when making custom designs? I just want to write some text on a board and it would be much nicer that way.

Can I use the touch screen when making custom designs? I just want to write some text on a board and it would be much nicer that way.

No for some reason they don't want people using the touch screen on the switch.

Asking again cause no one say my question/answered it has anyone had a villager ask them to create a catchphrase for them yet? I haven't had it happen yet and I'm worried Nintendo took it out in some kind of dumb attempt to stop villagers from saying naughty words but its one of my favorite features from the series.

No for some reason they don't want people using the touch screen on the switch.

Asking again cause no one say my question/answered it has anyone had a villager ask them to create a catchphrase for them yet? I haven't had it happen yet and I'm worried Nintendo took it out in some kind of dumb attempt to stop villagers from saying naughty words but its one of my favorite features from the series.

Alrighty, well apparently you can use the touch screen when writing messages on the message board (even just drawing with your fingers) so I thought it would be logical if you could also use it when designing but too bad!

And I haven't had to change anyone's catchphrase yet! I also haven't had anyone asking me if I had a new nickname for me.

Can someone clarify something for me regarding making hybrid flowers. Can wild flowers, those on your island and those from mystery tours, be used to breed hybrid flowers or other colors? Or does this only work for ones you've planted from seed?

I can't seem to get any of mine to breed.

Does trading villagers still work the same way as they do in ACNL? What I mean is, when you talk to someone in boxes at another player's game, will you still be able to offer them to move to your place?

I don't think they would remove this feature but in the 3DS iirc, you need to have 1 free slot for them to come to your town. Is this still true for New Horizons? Or will they like go to the campgrounds or something?

Can someone clarify something for me regarding making hybrid flowers. Can wild flowers, those on your island and those from mystery tours, be used to breed hybrid flowers or other colors? Or does this only work for ones you've planted from seed?

I can't seem to get any of mine to breed.

They do, I've had a pink wildflower pop up in the cliffs after a rainy day. I went to catch some orchid mantises and was quite surprised to see a pink wildflower.

Last edited:
So I know that you start with two villagers and that you then get three more. But what happens after that ? How do you get more villagers and can you choose which ones you get (as in : invite them from an island you visit with a Nook Miles Ticket) ?

How do I get more flower types? I can’t get the mums, roses or lilies anywhere which makes going for hybrids impossible :/

If I have someone in my campsite right now (Pietra... kms) will I still be able to encounter folks on Nook ticket islands?

What is the deal with gold roses? I haven’t seen anything wilt so wondering how you go about doing it.

Last edited:
Back