• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Hold My Villager Thread (New Horizons)

I need someone to hold a villager for my son. He was playing games with a camper and didn't read who they were going to kick out and it was his Tasha so we need her held until we can get another villager out.

hi!! would anyone out there be able to hold Cookie for me? shes currently asking to move out, and i love her but i really want her to have her actual proper house/interior. i havent told her yes yet, but since i dont tt id super appreciate it if someone could pick her up tomorrow (since shes obviously not in boxes yet) and hold her for a day!

(im very much willing to give you bells/nmt for it, and i also have some old crafting materials like petals and eggs left if you want them!)

Hello!!! I am new to these forums so sorry if i do things wrong.
So I told Vesta that she could move out, but now that im rethinking it, i want her to stay. I have tried using a different account to get her to stay, but it didn't work. I am willing to pay 2 million bells for you to keep her until i get another villager to move out. Please tell me if you can hold her, or if you know someone who can. I am also willing to give you as many NMT as you want. She will be in boxes tomorrow. Also, if you would like to keep her for longer after i have a place set up, we can discuss that too. Please Help!!

Hello!!! I am new to these forums so sorry if i do things wrong.
So I told Vesta that she could move out, but now that im rethinking it, i want her to stay. I have tried using a different account to get her to stay, but it didn't work. I am willing to pay 2 million bells for you to keep her until i get another villager to move out. Please tell me if you can hold her, or if you know someone who can. I am also willing to give you as many NMT as you want. She will be in boxes tomorrow. Also, if you would like to keep her for longer after i have a place set up, we can discuss that too. Please Help!!

You can still cancel the move out if you have another resident in your island. Just play as the resident and talk to Vesta to cancel it? If you don't have one you can just make one just for this occasion.

"Should the player regret telling a villager to leave, they have the rest of the day to login as another island resident and talk to that villager to cancel their move-out. Once they're in boxes, there's no coming back."

Hello I accidentally told audi to move. Super annoyed theres no way to stop her. Can some one take her and give her right back? I was told theres no wait time so, I time travel if someone else does too I'd like to do it now? Just let me know never done this b4 thanks!!!

I'm EST I'll check back around 8am and then not till 5 or 8 pm

Still need someone to hold her

Last edited:
Thinking about resetting my island - if so, would anybody be able to hold Antonio, Sydney, and all my bells + nmt? I’d gladly pay in any form of currency for this service. Thank you. It doesn’t need to be immediate.

Still looking! I’d also like to save my Mermaid set that I have crafted.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve changed it up a bit. Would somebody be able to hold JUST Audie, and my bells + nmt + mermaid set?

Last edited:
I just having an idea about getting my first 5 villagers their proper home not just a flimsy shack I built for them and I saw this post, what a wonderful thing to do but I got a few questions since I've never done it before.
1. After the move out and move in will they remembered me, they are my first villager so they should have my island as their origin right?
2. How to get them out in the first place, keep hitting them with a net and asked them to leave? Wouldn't that be too cruel and they will dislike me?
3. Can you get them out and in in the same plot and how long did it take in all the process to do it to one character?

I got five to do on my mind but would love to start one by one, Thanks a lot,

I just having an idea about getting my first 5 villagers their proper home not just a flimsy shack I built for them and I saw this post, what a wonderful thing to do but I got a few questions since I've never done it before.
1. After the move out and move in will they remembered me, they are my first villager so they should have my island as their origin right?
2. How to get them out in the first place, keep hitting them with a net and asked them to leave? Wouldn't that be too cruel and they will dislike me?
3. Can you get them out and in in the same plot and how long did it take in all the process to do it to one character?

1. I don't think they will remember you, if you kick someone out and then meet them on a mistery island they act like it's the first time you're meeting, I'm assuming it's the same if they move to someone else's island.
2. You can use amiibos or wait/TT until the villager you want to kick out gets a thought bubble and tells you they want to move. Look up tutorials on youtube to know exactly how this method works, since things like events/birthdays or the order in which they moved in can affect whether or not they want to move.
3. You can get them back in any open plot, if you want them to come back to the same plot just make sure it's empty and that you don't have any other open plot. How long this process takes depends on the method you and the other person use to kick the villager out, if you TT you could do it in 1/2 days, if you don't it could take weeks.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you're interested, I am also looking for someone to maybe hold onto my original lazy vilager for me (Stitches), and I'd be happy to lend you a plot on my island.

1. Yes they will remember you if they move to someone else’s island and then back to your island. I gave Raymond to a friend and when I visited her, he remembered me. As long as it’s the exact same villager (and not a new copy like from a mystery island) then they will remember you.

1. I don't think they will remember you, if you kick someone out and then meet them on a mistery island they act like it's the first time you're meeting, I'm assuming it's the same if they move to someone else's island.
2. You can use amiibos or wait/TT until the villager you want to kick out gets a thought bubble and tells you they want to move. Look up tutorials on youtube to know exactly how this method works, since things like events/birthdays or the order in which they moved in can affect whether or not they want to move.
3. You can get them back in any open plot, if you want them to come back to the same plot just make sure it's empty and that you don't have any other open plot. How long this process takes depends on the method you and the other person use to kick the villager out, if you TT you could do it in 1/2 days, if you don't it could take weeks.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you're interested, I am also looking for someone to maybe hold onto my original lazy vilager for me (Stitches), and I'd be happy to lend you a plot on my island.
Thank you a lot, I can confirm that after moving they would remember you, I don't have amiibos so I'm relying on TT alone, I'm in the process of lending my first villager to someone and now having one free plot, glad to be trading with you.

1. Yes they will remember you if they move to someone else’s island and then back to your island. I gave Raymond to a friend and when I visited her, he remembered me. As long as it’s the exact same villager (and not a new copy like from a mystery island) then they will remember you.
Thanks a lot, I would have exactly the same same villager back after I fostered them.

Back