• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The out of context quotes thread

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to “speed” around the city, keeping its “speed” over 50, and if its “speed” dropped, it would explode. I think it was called “The Bus That Couldn’t Slow Down.”

Look at this, Scully. There’s been another unsubstantiated UFO sighting in the heartland of America. We’ve got to get there right away.

Well, gee, Mulder, there’s also this report of a shipment of drugs and illegal weapons coming into New Jersey tonight.

*scoffs* I hardly think the FBI’s concerned with matters like that.

All right, Homer, we want you to recreate your every move the night you saw this alien.

Well, the evening began at the gentlemen’s club, where we were discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.

Mr. Simpson, it’s a felony to lie to the FBI.

We were sitting in Barney’s car eating packets of mustard, you happy?

Welcome to the White House. You're not allowed to go inside unless you have a tour.

But people must take a tour of the White House of Washington!

Alright. You can come in.

*2000 years later*

What is this!? I'm in the future! You should never take over the future with me! Stop giving me lots of advice! You're not perfect as it were, Mr. Beanson! Take me back to the present! 2000 years have been arrived, the Washington White House is now a black house! Dr. Beanson, please bring me back in the past!

*Dummy jumps out of the box and starts stabbing the air with the knife he’s holding *
“Kill! Kill! KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL! Kill kill!”
“Aw he’s cute! Can we keep him?”
“Yeah can we?”
“Yeah I guess that’ll be okay. I’m uh going to the diner for however long whatever is going to happen next takes. Remember if anything happens, you can’t call for help because I just cut the line. *Frylock takes out a pocketknife and cuts the phone line* Later haters.”
*Frylock leaves*
“Where should we keep him?”
“How about up here? *Meatwad pointing to a shelf on the wall* He can’t get down from there.”

Oh, Marge, I’ve never felt so alone. No one believes me. …uh, this is the part where you’re supposed to say “I believe you, Homer.”

I don’t believe you, Homer.

You do? Oh, Marge, you’ve made me so happy!

‘Baboons to the left of me! Baboons to the right! The speeding locomotive tore through a sea of inhuman fangs! Two great apes rose up at me but BIFF! BAM! I sent them flying like two haairy footballlls!’

It’s such a beautiful night. How about a ghost story?

(Later)

…and that’s how much college will cost for Maggie.

No! No! Nooooooo!

Back