• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What is your Switch Icon?

KdKBPU0.png

I've used this one for ages now. I've never played Arms, nor do I have any interest in playing Arms, but I do like the aesthetic of clowns so I figured why not.

I wish they'd add more series to the Nintendo Switch online menu where we're able to buy those icons and backgrounds with the Platinum Coins instead of just Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Animal Crossing. I'd probably be using something from Fire Emblem if they'd add some.

Mine was a few ACNH villagers until Splatoon 3 came out. Right now I'm using one of their icons, but when Rudy's picture gets released next month, I will for sure be using that one.

Mine has been Isabelle since I bought my switch (in her spring uniform, not the island shirt one). Every time I change it I always change it right back, Isabelle just speaks to me lol

But how are people getting Animal Crossing villagers and these other characters? I’m only getting the ones the system comes with. Is it something to do with the app?

But how are people getting Animal Crossing villagers and these other characters? I’m only getting the ones the system comes with. Is it something to do with the app?
It's a feature of Nintendo Switch Online. A red icon appears along the bottom of the main screen (where the eShop, Settings, Controllers, etc. icons are) that you can click on. They let you buy the icons and backgrounds with Platinum Coins (earned from doing weekly challenges like playing a certain NSO game, or backing up a save, or playing a game with multiplayer functionality). Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass folks get even more options.

Also, forgot to note, the Animal Crossing villagers available switch out every month depending on the month of their birthday. Just the villagers, though, unfortunately not special NPCs. I was kind of hoping to see Jack last month but alas.

Last edited:
I use a Wilbur from Animal Crossing icon with an orange background since it's my favorite color. Plus Wilbur's blue is a complementary color for the orange.

Screenshot_20221106-165101~2.png

I use the little banana from MK8. It's one of my favorite items. However if they had a bob-omb, I'd switch to that.

shino with a plain orange background. 🧡 she’s my favourite villager, so i chose her as my icon as soon as i could. might spruce it up with a boarder or maybe a different colour background, but right now i’m happy with the simplicity. ☺️

148B7640-CC33-4027-8545-638B62DEB2B0.jpeg

Mine is K.K. Slider with a mint green background. I chose it when I first got the switch and never thought to change it to anything else

Just Isabelle. I found out how you could buy some villagers during their b-day months right after Rosie's so I'm waiting a few more months to snag her!

Shep with orange/brown frames and background. I had a Splatoon one that you could pick with Pt points before too.

Mines this one:
1EA4BBF9-9045-49CE-A23F-16081C870F4D.jpeg

I’m also using one of the black Splatoon 3 borders but I only have my phone right now so I can only show the circle version of my icon that cuts off most of the border. I actually grabbed all of the Splatoon 3 ones available but I specifically use this one as it’s closest to my octoling in game. The background is just a basic pale blue as I found most of the Splatoon ones too busy and bright.

Mine has alternated between some of my fave cat villagers over the last few months. Currently I have Sprigatito (cat Pokemon) with a fall colors looking background.

Back