• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

View attachment 557256View attachment 557257

Leif pls accept these flowers as offerings for a black rose tonight…… pleek…
Oh excellent idea! :D

Leif, here’s my offering for a black and gold rose. 🙂 They’re from my mom’s garden.

IMG_7113.jpeg

I was going to use this for my photo contest entry originally, but I changed my mind.

I’m pretty sad to have missed this whole event—I got into a bad car accident a couple of weeks ago (why do my fellow citizens ignore stop signs 🥲) and had to stay off screens for over a week for concussion purposes. I love the idea of growing hybrid flowers. Hyacinths are my absolute favorite, so I might still buy a couple from the shop, though I’m sure the beautiful blue, orange, and purple hybrids are out of my reach here at the end.

Glad to see they aren’t selling for too much TBT, though! Always fun to have more collectibles in the pool. I really like these community events that encourage cooperation between users rather than just competition.

Um, sort of! Haha. My leg was kind of…..medium injured? Same with head/neck. It will probably be 4-6 weeks of gradual improvement but I should almost certainly make a full recovery, so it’s not like I’m expecting permanent side effects. RIP my beloved car though. But it was the other driver’s fault and they did have insurance so I’m going to get a pretty sizable check in the mail to replace my car, which is a huge relief.
I'm sorry that this happened to you. Good to hear that there doesn't seem to be anything that will be too long term and that you should have a full recovery in the not too far flung future.

While it's a shame that you missed out on the rest of the week, I'm glad that you've made it in time for this final round. Here's hoping something(s) sprout for you.

Remember to display your watering cans if you’ve forgotten!

tbh, with the final day double bonus to start, there's actually a valid argument to dropping the can in favor of more hybrid chances, pending what one has and is going for

I mean it'd of course be a worse spawn percentage per combination than someone who displays their can, but a flimsy holder dropping their can basically makes it be the same bonus as per usual, while a golden can holder dropping puts them down to standard flimsy can bonus territory

View attachment 557256View attachment 557257

Leif pls accept these flowers as offerings for a black rose tonight…… pleek…

Oh excellent idea! :D

Leif, here’s my offering for a black and gold rose. 🙂 They’re from my mom’s garden.

View attachment 557265
I was going to use this for my photo contest entry originally, but I changed my mind.
Such a great idea . Those flowers are beautiful.
My offering to Leif so that everyone will get at least one hybrid.
IMG_6221.jpeg

I’m pretty sad to have missed this whole event—I got into a bad car accident a couple of weeks ago (why do my fellow citizens ignore stop signs 🥲) and had to stay off screens for over a week for concussion purposes. I love the idea of growing hybrid flowers. Hyacinths are my absolute favorite, so I might still buy a couple from the shop, though I’m sure the beautiful blue, orange, and purple hybrids are out of my reach here at the end.

Glad to see they aren’t selling for too much TBT, though! Always fun to have more collectibles in the pool. I really like these community events that encourage cooperation between users rather than just competition.
I'm sorry this happened to you! It INFURIATES me when people do stuff like this behind the wheel! Stuff like not stopping at the stop sign or yielding the right of way when they're supposed to. They seem to care more about saving 3 seconds of their life over the people they put in danger.

Get well soon!

tbh, with the final day double bonus to start, there's actually a valid argument to dropping the can in favor of more hybrid chances, pending what one has and is going for

I mean it'd of course be a worse spawn percentage per combination than someone who displays their can, but a flimsy holder dropping their can basically makes it be the same bonus as per usual, while a golden can holder dropping puts them down to standard flimsy can bonus territory
Good point, unless you’re going for gold roses

Good point, unless you’re going for gold roses

oh yeah, golds are the extreme exception

beyond that, is a simple case of spawn chances for x vs spawn rate per flower. since can only spawn one of a flower at a time anyways, so a big boost gets less valid as more spawn chances happen. just gotta figure out the balance that works best for an individual with their setup

which tbf, I feel most users would do better with keeping the can active. due to either going for the gold and/or having limited hybrid combinations within their setup, but is still food for thought

oh yeah, golds are the extreme exception

beyond that, is a simple case of spawn chances for x vs spawn rate per flower. since can only spawn one of a flower at a time anyways, so a big boost gets less valid as more spawn chances happen. just gotta figure out the balance that works best for an individual with their setup

which tbf, I feel most users would do better with keeping the can active. due to either going for the gold and/or having limited hybrid combinations within their setup, but is still food for thought
It’s an interesting thought and one I would think more about. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten any hybrids in the last four days so I need all the luck I can get.

Back