• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Most Important Debate Question: Pineapple on Pizza, Yes or no?

Do you enjoy pineapple on your pizza and do you think it belongs there?

• Total voters
Yes, it belongs! The sweetness is a nice compliment to the saltiness of pepperoni or ham. Add in some jalapeños and you have a flavor party. Just watch the heartburn though.

• Sparkle Water
Reactions: Dim
It most certainly does belong on pizza. Pizza is mid and pineapple is the only topping that makes it somewhat tolerable.

I've honestly never tried it before but even though I usually have good old pepperoni and cheese, sometimes I'll have a supreme with all kinda of stuff like black olives, green/red/yellow peppers, ham, mushrooms, and sausage. So I'll say... yes? I do like pinapple so I might try it on a supreme pizza sometime. I'm more curious about anchovy on pizza though.

I don’t hate it, but I also wouldn’t go out of my way to order it. I’m basic, I like pepperoni and mushrooms. sometimes I feel fancy and will order a supreme pizza minus the black olives.

i enjoy pineapple on pizza! i love a good classic hawaiian pizza. i wouldn't say it's my top 5 pick for toppings if i were to pick my own toppings for a pizza for example, but i do like it on pizza. i think almost anything can be put on a pizza nowadays that pineapple really is not the most controversial choice. i've heard of sushi pizzas and dessert pizzas and much more. it sounds like to me that pizza is just a catch all term nowadays haha.

as someone who tends to enjoy food combos with clashing flavors/textures that wouldn't work in theory but really does work in practice, I think I can understand how and why someone might like it. it adds a certain interesting texture, and the sweetness probably really complements the seasoned sauce/meat/etc in a satisfying way.

with that, though, I have to stress that I really don't like pineapple. I never have, and I probably never will. so as much as I want to say yes I do like pineapple on pizza, I definitely don't. no shade to those who do enjoy it though, more power to you! ☺️🍍
character development arc incoming, I now love Hawaiian pizza haha 💗

and by some wild coincidence it was invented in Canada lmaooooo

I don't want it on my pizza but who am I to say that pineapple doesn't belong on a pizza in general? If there's a topping you like, then it belongs on pizza -- your pizza! 🍕🍕🍕

I've never tried it personally, but the thought of it seems like it would taste gross. It also looks like it would have a weird texture. I like pineapple as a fruit, but on a pizza.....? Though, I'm the type to not knock it unless I try it (for most food), so I'd give it a try given the opportunity. Plus, I'm not the food police, so if you enjoy pineapple on pizza, then by golly you put all the pineapple on that pizza!

since i'm allergic to pineapples, i've only ever tried Hawaiian pizza once. didn't really care for it 🤷‍♀️ . it wasn't as terrible as people made it out to be, but i wouldn't personally eat it on my own accord if i could eat pineapples. it's an acquired taste, i guess!!

I've had it, cant say I enjoyed it per say but it doesn't bother me as much as it once did.

not a fan but belongs for those that enjoy it! i don't like sweet toppings on pizza and pineapple's quite sweet. wouldn't go for it

smores and dessert based pizzas need to be uninvented

While I've never tried it, I don't think it would be good at all. I don't like pineapple anyways, so the thought of putting it on pizza sounds super unappetizing.

Hell, I'll take mushrooms/olives with my pizza over pineapple... And I also dislike them. XP

Back